• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Swap D15b3 With B18c Type R

speeddemon200

Waitup. What are the exact details of your car. Becuase of the lovely tax sytem every car in the island got a market now. Even 2 doors to Isuzu Geminis. What are the details? Options, body condtion. If we could sell it over AL and find a good one it wil take a big headache out of you

grand civic '88...15-8xxx series, d15b single carb, good body condition, appearance mods-turbo scoop, standard spoiler wit light,fish fin arial..., window tint, stickers, 15"JDR rims..kenwood radio cassette...very powerful....(no cd yet:(), good interior, sports steering, air horn, blue front park lights..., almost forgot, sport gearknob n' cover, power shutters, mirrors n'steering, remote n' central lockin, scurity system...

grand civic '88...15-8xxx series, d15b single carb, good body condition, appearance mods-turbo scoop, standard spoiler wit light,fish fin arial..., window tint, stickers, 15"JDR rims..kenwood radio cassette...very powerful....(no cd yet:(), good interior, sports steering, air horn, blue front park lights..., almost forgot, sport gearknob n' cover, power shutters, mirrors n'steering, remote n' central lockin, scurity system...

think we should suggest somethin like pimp ma ride 2 sirasa, since they like 2 copy all da american reality shows...

Edited by speeddemon200

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

specially worried abt goin into our second hand market again due to it's doddgy state....n' da large amt of "seemingly good" rides out there.....

feel safer stickin wit ma da ride i've now come to know....unless i go b'new which is out of da question....

@da rest of da AL gang.....quite confident abt da rides on da site....pitty didn't have ne when i was buyin....

example; cam accross 2 sellers, 1) Tryin 2 sell a mini which was in a crappy conditiion, exceppt for beat barrel n' 1000cc engine upgrade, was askin 450k at da time...

2) a guy who had lots of parts in da interior missin tryin 2 sell his other than that stock mini for 500K....

Its a sad state....

Edited by speeddemon200

speeddemon, are you thinking about any B18C engine/g'box combo in particular? Did you happen to come across one, by any chance?

I know of one that might be for sale, Interested?

Edited by madmax

I know of one that might be for sale, Interested?

i was hopin for da b18c type r, its supposed to be too powerful, i'll be happy as long as i can get arnd 130-150ps with abt 10kmp/l economy(econ has to be 10 atleast)....

yes gearbox/engine combo, dont think da standard ef2(d15b) gearbox would work well wit da engine :unsure:

how much is he quoting? can u mail me da [email protected] c if financially viable....

i was hopin for da b18c type r, its supposed to be too powerful, i'll be happy as long as i can get arnd 130-150ps with abt 10kmp/l economy(econ has to be 10 atleast)....

yes gearbox/engine combo, dont think da standard ef2(d15b) gearbox would work well wit da engine :unsure:

how much is he quoting? can u mail me da [email protected] c if financially viable....

Zackie should be able to help you... hez a memebr of AL and you can look up for his contact details in his signature

The first advice Z might give you is that you do not need a b18c5 for 130hp and good economy.

i know dat...dat engine comes stock wit 210bhp i think....( no no was just being ambitious) did nt know ma chassy couldnt handle it...:S

think we should suggest somethin like pimp ma ride 2 sirasa, since they like 2 copy all da american reality shows...

Can we not sell this for 650? And use your 200,000 which is ready for the converstion, take up a small loan and buy an EG8? Less headache machang

Can we not sell this for 650? And use your 200,000 which is ready for the converstion, take up a small loan and buy an EG8? Less headache machang

aney bung dont encourage loans....its too risky and an added burden to have to pay a monthly sum né machang? :unsure:

aney bung dont encourage loans....its too risky and an added burden to have to pay a monthly sum né machang? :unsure:

better than doing a risky mod and lose money everyday. You got value, smooth car

better than doing a risky mod and lose money everyday. You got value, smooth car

i agree with u there hola - no use doing a risky mod

your right - its better that speeddeamon goes for a new car instead

bro u should think twice before modding a 20yr old car.... & getting a loan to do it is unadvisable - cuz its not an investment , modifiying - that money can never be recovered... :(

...i dont meant to be a wet blanket n stiffle ur idea but jus a friendly word of advice...

was hpin to go wt dis till save up some money....but got some thinkin to do now.......pls let me know if ya com accross a nice sporty ride at arnd 800k......in good condition tho.......thanks 4 all da info guys....was very helpful........ma contacts on ma prof.....

wonder if da lucino in classifieds is still available....(ma parents say to gt nissan or toyota)

was hpin to go wt dis till save up some money....but got some thinkin to do now.......pls let me know if ya com accross a nice sporty ride at arnd 800k......in good condition tho.......thanks 4 all da info guys....was very helpful........ma contacts on ma prof.....

wonder if da lucino in classifieds is still available....(ma parents say to gt nissan or toyota)

try get ur hands on a MR-2 1st gerneration - it;ll be well within ur budget - but not é most practical car around - but will be very chuckable :D

why not a mazda astina?

yep saw a gud astina some time bk in classifieds....mr2's bitt difficult to find isnt it??

mazda autozam az-1 also gud...dunno abt price tho....ne one seen da heavily modified white one that drives arnd on parliament road.....luks pretty good, except for da headlights that it has being too big for it(deffa nt az-1 headlamps).....saw this guy yesterday at da kanatte traffic lights(da one wit da countdown)..

yep saw a gud astina some time bk in classifieds....mr2's bitt difficult to find isnt it??

mazda autozam az-1 also gud...dunno abt price tho....ne one seen da heavily modified white one that drives arnd on parliament road.....luks pretty good, except for da headlights that it has being too big for it(deffa nt az-1 headlamps).....saw this guy yesterday at da kanatte traffic lights(da one wit da countdown)..

There is a Mazda Astina here for 750. There are plenty for that price

Starts with a B18C type-r and ends with a Mazda Astina geeeeeeezzzzzzzzzz. Just get a D15B vtec engine and u will be more than happy. U will need an engine + ecu, tranny, EFI fuel tank, fuel filter and a engine harness andu are good to go. U are looking at around 120Max for the conversion. But don't get the facts wrong ur chassis can handle a B18C just need the correct stuff and major bling bling!!!!!!!!!

Ur probably talking of the AZ-3/MX-3. The AZ-1 is one of those 660cc cars.

Ah, here u go.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_AZ-1

Ur probably talking of the AZ-3/MX-3. The AZ-1 is one of those 660cc cars.

Ah, here u go.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_AZ-1

no no...this is a 1.5 or 1.3l....one of those of da toyota sera/mazda astina era....dis one nt much diff than an sera shapewise...except for da lack of gullwing doors n' da glass roof of da sera...will try to get some pics....

Starts with a B18C type-r and ends with a Mazda Astina geeeeeeezzzzzzzzzz. monava karandada salli thiyena vidyata wada karanda epai :blush:

Just get a D15B vtec engine and u will be more than happy. U will need an engine + ecu, tranny, EFI fuel tank, fuel filter and a engine harness andu are good to go. U are looking at around 120Max for the conversion. But don't get the facts wrong ur chassis can handle a B18C just need the correct stuff and major bling bling!!!!!!!!!

@vshiznet, i like what i'm hearin talk....new dis car had potential frm da time i got it....lotsa fun even at da mo....

guess i'll go c zackie one of these days...

Edited by speeddemon200

é Yellow MR2 has been through too many hands to reccomend but it was on é market a short while back...

Autozam's will go from anyhting between 1.2Mil to 1.8Mil depending of é number/Y.O.M , condition & extras..

hmm there was a sera today - but é B/kit looked hideous! :(

hmmm how much does a cynos go for?around é same price né?

......but é real deal is if u can hunt down a Trueno/Levin - AE86 :D ....those things r downright ellusive now :(