• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Recommend Me A Car 2 Mill

shane6399

Question

Guys.. I wanna buy a car for 2mill.. I think i can go upto 2.3mill...

Will a Subaru Legacy B4 fall into my budjet...

People are recommending Toyota Vios but I'm not interested..

Can i get a Legacy B4 or an EK3 4 2.3mill..

• Answers 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Carina GT is a good car..

But I had a Camino which produced 180bhp.. is the Carina a better performer than the Camino

The GT doesn't hit that power figure (smaller engine, after all) and there should be a major difference in torque.

Actually, the Prims are good cars to consider. Might fall into that price range or below it too..

Ya know, there is a Proton Gen2 in the classifieds for 2.2. Manual too :D

110bhp, but it is a very sweet handling car. How long it will last, dunno, but.... it is fairly new and falls in ur price bracket.

And I'm hoping the manual has better throttle response than the auto, which is not real great. Not sure if throttle response is the term I'm looking for coz the engine gets going when u push the go pedal, but the wheels catch up a lot later. :unsure:

Um, please excuse the ignorance here guys, but can someone please give me a bit of info on these "Evo Conversions"?? I'd like to know a bit more...

do they include AWD as well? i didn't realize that was possible...

Um, please excuse the ignorance here guys, but can someone please give me a bit of info on these "Evo Conversions"?? I'd like to know a bit more...

do they include AWD as well? i didn't realize that was possible...

yeap the only difference betwen original Evo 3 and a conversion is the book, trust me the conversion is exactly same as the original n for next 1 to 2 months more evo 4 and 6 conversions gona happend

bt for Drags Evo3 is the best less weight more power n for the look always Evo6 truly amazing

yeap the only difference betwen original Evo 3 and a conversion is the book, trust me the conversion is exactly same as the original n for next 1 to 2 months more evo 4 and 6 conversions gona happend

bt for Drags Evo3 is the best less weight more power n for the look always Evo6 truly amazing

Seriously? ado, thats v. cool machan..... if its not too much trouble machan can you mail me any specifics if you have them?

thanks

[email protected]

cheers

Edited by Supra_Natural

What about the Subarus :)

well if you don't mind settling for a slightly oldish car - might i suggest a LEGACY RS ?

it was the predecessor of the B4

its mid 1990's - same EJ20 quad cam flat 4 engine which you get on Sti's - but Twin Turbo set up

AWD & all - got a nice box - throw feels short

puts out about 250BHP but its lighter than a B4 - doesnt skimp on equipment either as most in Sri Lanka came with sun roof & leather!

only one short fall - the lag when crossing over from the 1st to the 2nd turbo up around the 4500-5000rpm mark is susbtantial but aside fom that its a GREAT CAR

should be able to pick one up for under 1.5 Mil

:blink: i don't know the specifics about EVO3 but i know for a fact that chassis of later model normal lancers(EVO7 parallel onwards) and their EVO counterparts are different, in the sense that evo's chassis rigidity is more by additional weld points... i guess the conversions you and i talk about only sort the AWD+Engine+GearBox+Brakes(front only?)+suspension?

:blink: i don't know the specifics about EVO3 but i know for a fact that chassis of later model normal lancers(EVO7 parallel onwards) and their EVO counterparts are different, in the sense that evo's chassis rigidity is more by additional weld points... i guess the conversions you and i talk about only sort the AWD+Engine+GearBox+Brakes(front only?)+suspension?

Evo 2 to 6, Lncer and evo chassis are same. Today evening Nigel and i went to nadeeras garage in the converted evo 3 man the ride comfirt is super and no noices what so ever the handling is super even he dirft the car

no isuru u get more parts

Engine, gearbox, wire harness, ecu, suspension, engine cross member, brake disk, Brake booster, full hub, differential, Fuel tank, intercooler, steering rack, Steering column, dashboard Pedals, shifter kit, AC unit, shifter cables, rdiator and horses, Air Filter, Full 2.5 Exhaust System, Turbo timer, Front Strut Bar & New racing brake pads.

here are some pics of today trip nigel easily tuched 180 n very difficult to take phots at that speed his average speed was around 80 to 100, he gave me a chance to drive the car its like normal car bt u can feel the extra power cluch is light bt the gears are bit close to my comfirt anyway i loved it i can live with it everyday

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by GihanFX

well if you don't mind settling for a slightly oldish car - might i suggest a LEGACY RS ?

it was the predecessor of the B4

its mid 1990's - same EJ20 quad cam flat 4 engine which you get on Sti's - but Twin Turbo set up

AWD & all - got a nice box - throw feels short

puts out about 250BHP but its lighter than a B4 - doesnt skimp on equipment either as most in Sri Lanka came with sun roof & leather!

only one short fall - the lag when crossing over from the 1st to the 2nd turbo up around the 4500-5000rpm mark is susbtantial but aside fom that its a GREAT CAR

should be able to pick one up for under 1.5 Mil

the RS's lag is not as substantial as that of the B4... the RS is my favourite legacy by far... though i haven't tried the legacy GT which i'm assuming has all that sorted...

the RS is a highly recommended buy but is very rare and you'll have to find an owner willing to part with a well maintained example...

You are right bro.. Me Confused :(

The problem is my favorite car does not fall into my budjet :(

I knew machan! Now start working on your selection criteria again.I possible try to streach your budget.IMHO thats the only way to satisfy yourself.

the RS's lag is not as substantial as that of the B4... the RS is my favourite legacy by far... though i haven't tried the legacy GT which i'm assuming has all that sorted...

the RS is a highly recommended buy but is very rare and you'll have to find an owner willing to part with a well maintained example...

i concur with your views on the RS - its as sure footed and driver centric as an AWD machine can get (well at least within the grasp of a sensible budget :D )

but i felt the lag on the B4 was higher on the Triptronics - but with some high revving and a manual box , shifting all the way up at 6500-7000 assured that even upon shifting up it stayed on the top end of the powerband and avoided if falling off the boost...

bu that Power Assisted Steering is waaay too detached and wooly at speeds...a tad unnerving.. :mellow:

so all in all Legacy RS for moi pls :)

...ah there is one up on the market - a close friend is letting go of his,so drop me a line if anyon wants it..

...ah there is one up on the market - a close friend is letting go of his,so drop me a line if anyon wants it..

silver, black or beige? :) and how much?

at what maximum rpm does a auto legacy B4 shift?

Edited by sharkster

silver, black or beige? :) and how much?

at what maximum rpm does a auto legacy B4 shift?

the triptronics are said to have a rev limiter just over 7k ...but the revs drop considerably when upshifting - thats when the problem stars cuz no matter how high you rev you find yourself falling off the boost,be it momentarily - didnt wanna risk pushing the trpitronic upto the limiter so dunno if it can be avoided...

Black :) - 1.4 Mil i believe - but negotiable

You are right bro.. Me Confused :(

The problem is my favorite car does not fall into my budjet :(

maybe it just did!!! - chech the Autolanka classifieds - a B4 manual just came up and is only as tad over your budget - bargain n see! :) its a manual too - love that rear spoiler!

maybe it just did!!! - chech the Autolanka classifieds - a B4 manual just came up and is only as tad over your budget - bargain n see! :) its a manual too - love that rear spoiler!

Checked the ad just now.

That is good price for a B4 & it is a RSK which means it should be 280bhp.