• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Jaguar S-type Replacement?

jterminator

just came across this on a site, wonder whether this is really the direction jag wants to go with their middle tier vehicle... kinda looks like an Aston Martin ripoff though looks nice... too bad it'll cost over 15mil or something absurd like that here in SL when we get it next year :(

http://blogs.edmunds.com/Straightline/2017

just came across this on a site, wonder whether this is really the direction jag wants to go with their middle tier vehicle... kinda looks like an Aston Martin ripoff though looks nice... too bad it'll cost over 15mil or something absurd like that here in SL when we get it next year :(

http://blogs.edmunds.com/Straightline/2017

It will be a good move for Jaguar to adopt such designs. They have been producing the current design for ages with only minor changes.

However much the new S will cost you will find it on SL roads for sure.

Very Futuristic, but still unmistakeably a Jaguar. It's nice to see them abandoning the "retro" kick they've been on for so long..... Jag's best ever cars like the XK120, E-type, the first XJ saloon and the XJ-S were designs that were radically different from anything that had gone before, and that's why they did so well...... why they are now legendary....

glad that they finally seem to be taking that to heart B)

Edited by Supra_Natural

that car is merely a concept still.... :mellow:

the 2008 XJ retains the very same styling as the current one,bar a few cosmetic touch up

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

the new S-Type however looks disasterous IMAO - a more futuristic flavour in thier designs will in no doubt help Jaguar - but this car looks far too convensional and doesn't look regal enough to bear a the emblem of the 'Pouncing Cat' <_<

IPB Image

the headlamps alone seem as though they got lifted off a Hyundai Tuscani! :blink:

IPB Image

Oh b***er.... that thing looks hideous!!! :blink: like someone put the headlights of a hyundai coupe and the grille from an S-type onto god knows what!!!!

WHAT were they thinking?????

Edited by Supra_Natural

Only thing is will we see this on the Sri Lankan roads??

I haven't seen them selling any new for quite some time.

Nice designing, but in the concept I see a bit of Honda Accord / Civic.

Yes, for sure there will be few on SL roads, just check the no of S-class & BMW & 7's which are on the road.

I think the recent sales drop is due to the poor designing which Jaguar is experiencing all over the world, as for the S it is the same design which we see from 301 numbers untill now. Even the new XJ designed for 2008 is not impressing for me.

but i doubt any other commercially made car can challenge a Jaguar in its class for sheer Presence !!!!

its just that aloof stance and poise of grandure - retro it maybe - but a Jaguar will always be "pure class" :)

I can agree with you but considering only the models upto the Series 3 XJ Saloon (Even though this is a Pininfarina update of the Series 2 which in turn was an update of the Series 1 - All Great cars) and the XJS even though it's not as half as sexy as the E - Type it replaced - It still looked like nothing else and a real Jag. These were alll such classy cars.

Since then everything went downhill. Starting with the XJ40 which looked like a over grown Austin Allegro. And even though the X300 XJ and the current XJ are great cars, they do not move the game on like their predecessors did. They looked old the moment they were launched.

Even the new XK looks so much similar. The C-XF is the first car to move from there. And I really hope it succeeds. But they've run out of money to develop an all new car :( !

and about the new XK - as dated as it may be in draws directly from the finest Jag or by far and large the most popular of them all - the E type

& that in no way could be a bad thing

just look at the view of the face & front grill

IPB Image

IPB Image

which ever way i want to see Jaguar continue to roll out classy cars - and if that means selling the C-XF which looks like that which was posted then by all means go ahead - its well worth the minute sacrifice of the whole retro chic image :)

...like Land Rover & the Freelander

oh stumbled accross yet another image of what the new S-Type "could" look like...

this is much more refiened than the earler pics - but the rims yell "Bently"!

IPB Image

Seems like for the S they will be maintaining the front shell in similar shape to the current model. Thats good to carry a signature!

Any idea on when this is due for production and what the spec will be?

no idea of spec for now - but its more Bentley Continental than anyuthing else IMAO - jus look at the lines! :blink:

Today when you've got a rebadged Outlander as a Peugeot, it is not surprising for 2 car makers to have similar styling. Btw does Ford have any stake in Bently??

and about the new XK - as dated as it may be in draws directly from the finest Jag or by far and large the most popular of them all - the E type

& that in no way could be a bad thing

just look at the view of the face & front grill

which ever way i want to see Jaguar continue to roll out classy cars - and if that means selling the C-XF which looks like that which was posted then by all means go ahead - its well worth the minute sacrifice of the whole retro chic image :)

...like Land Rover & the Freelander

oh stumbled accross yet another image of what the new S-Type "could" look like...

this is much more refiened than the earler pics - but the rims yell "Bently"!

Yes the XKE is the finest. And why? Because when it was launched it stole the show it was like no other car. The same goes for the Mk2 and the Series 1 XJ6. They were sleek, beautiful, ahead of their time and like a Jaguar. That's the Jaguar DNA.

The new ones don't push the envelope any further in any department. Even if they did like the current XJ which is completely aluminium, the retro looks have dulled it and prevented it from being a commercial success.

The S & X types are even worse. They are bad copies of great Jags of the past. Not good enough. Jags need to be forward looking, ahead of their times and so that's why I think the C- XF is a step in the right direction. But again the tech is old (S-type). I only hope it won't be too little too late.

the series 3 XJ is the epitome of finess from that era british motoring - its simple elegance - never anything garish

very British - very Stately

there was one for sale at sale in nugegoda and an XK as well at this same sale - couldnt find the time to go see either car - something i regrett now :(

& as for a Bentley Jag connection - highly doubt that given that Fords arch rivals or competitiors at least, Volkswagen Own Bentley :mellow:

wow, the british designed jags had so much class and refinement. Growing up as a kid in SL I always wanted one...

Same here (Although I'm still in SL) as a kid Jags used to be mysterious cars and I thought they were the most gorgeous. The day I saw a Jag I was quite moved. When I first saw the Series 3 I was stunned.

the series 3 XJ is the epitome of finess from that era british motoring - its simple elegance - never anything garish

very British - very Stately

Agreed. But funny enough the Series 3 was done by Pininfarina. Quite job even if the Ser 2 was still an elegant car, ser 3 is near perfect.

Series 3 was done by Pininfarina

why does that not suprise me! :)

sooo many classic designs - but this is what what makes Pininfarina so good = they embody the DNA incorporating the attributes and values associated with a particular brand or model when designing a car...whilst keeping their signature mark of style & finess :)

• 1 year later...
the Jaguar XF-R(hot version of the XF) is unveiled at detroit - http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans...look/index.html

make or break car for Jaguar - but great to see that they're giving it everything - i thought they'd never retire the AJ V8 , but more horsepower without sacrificing economy or weight means some nifty engineering :)