• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Whats The Best Plug?

Hola

Question

for me manufacturer recommends SAGEM dunno they good or not i use 'em. :blink:

not really - this list may help with finding a matching plug from DENSO :)

http://www.globaldenso.com/PLUG/cross_reference/1015_01.html

if i'm not mistaken SAGEM automotive components , ignition systems in particular are sold under "EYQEM" in some markets

http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/part_finder/c...suv/results.asp

Edited by Devinda_Z

What ever brand that the manufacturers dump in originaly into the car is the way to go.

Plugs are electrical conductors.. read up on the best materials that do this- Copper is by far a better electrical conductor that Iridium or Platinum or Gold. and standard plugs are normally copper.

To echo the above, while spark plugs are a critical factor in how well an engine burns fuel, i am not convinced spending Rs*000's just to get "better" plugs is the way to go. I tried out Iridiums, and they didn't last even a year. I now get the basic NGK G-Power or recently, the V-Power plugs.

The important task is to regularly check on the condition of your spark plugs and replace when necessary. A new plug is far better than a fouled expensive one.

MADZ- Busy with anti piracy DVD modifications :lam:

DUNCAN-partying with bushmen :food-smiley-004:

DILLONGT-fighting with US customs...to release a load of DVDs recevd from SL :deal:

SHARKSTER-gone fishing :to_clue:

PERICLES-sick with food poisoning :sad-smiley-068:

:lol:

Whats next?? we miss you all?? :lol:

lol good one machan... but i don't have to struggle because we are doing nothing illegal....

100k on Iridiums.. thats the biggest load of crap I've ever heard. They (the agents) must have meant platinum or something.

Just a note NGK competition plugs come in copper... of course they are not meant to last- but do give the best possible output

To echo the above, while spark plugs are a critical factor in how well an engine burns fuel, i am not convinced spending Rs*000's just to get "better" plugs is the way to go. I tried out Iridiums, and they didn't last even a year. I now get the basic NGK G-Power or recently, the V-Power plugs.

The important task is to regularly check on the condition of your spark plugs and replace when necessary. A new plug is far better than a fouled expensive one.

@ Gunat, which car machan? and what plugs do you use on the VW?

NGK's on Carina GT; Bosch on VW (how is your car hunt? Did you get something?)

Wellll.... you might say that :unsure: ... bit more than i bargained for actually!! :lol: i can now conclusively say that an old car is a MINEFIELD!!! ;)

Don't say you weren't warned :D

Anyways, this is going to be the most Painstaking, Pissed off, liberating, and satisfying experience you will have with a car. (Yes, i used those four words together)

As someone said earlier, attend to the mechanical stuff first. Leave your interior as the LAST task, because believe me, its going to get messed up in the meantime.

If you need any assistance, let me know, and i do my best to help out.

Good Luck!

Leave your interior as the LAST task, because believe me, its going to get messed up in the meantime

....hmmm the sad irony of it all is the fact that it was 'That' was the one salient and positive point & was the reason S_N decided to buy the thing in the 1st place! :mellow:

shame if that has to be redone as well :(