• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

20,000 Duty Free Permits On The Cards???

Hola

Is this a joke? That file is empty...LOL

no no its a properly detailed document

its in Sinhalese thus afirms its authenticity

the provisons for import are quite decent but the CIF values are too low to allow the import of anything european or premium jap :(

also its only for BRAND NEW purchases so needlss to say the agents of car which fall into those categories are bound to make a few bucks :)

tarrif breakdown

IPB Image

First Grade Government Wokers Completed 5 -10 Yrs Can Import Up to 1.6L Petrol or up to 2.0L Diesel vehicle and the price Must Be Less than 12,000 US$

First Grade Government Wokers Completed 10 -20 Yrs Can Import Up to 1.8L Petrol or up to 2.5L Diesel vehicle and the price Must Be Less than 15,000 US$

Government Wokers Completed 20+ Yrs Can Import Up to 2.0L Petrol or up to 3.2L Diesel vehicle and the price Must Be Less than 18,000 US$

All These Vehicles Must be Brand New & Canot Transfer These Vehicles To Another Till 5Yrs

Edited by GihanFX

Toyota Lanka confirmed the Prado diesel can be accomodated to the 3rd category.

Machan for less than 18,000 US$ wut are the cars that ppl can buy :blink: cus i thought for that amount even u cant buy a Brand New corolla,

Bt nw u confirmed Prado diesel will cost around 18,000US$ :blink:

This is CIF value. Toyota will also offer a 2 ltr Diesel Corolla. There's also the Hyundai Tucson/ Santafe Peugeot 407 petrol and diesel both.

No BMWs can be accomodated except for the 1 series, but the agents have no intention of bringing it now. Also nothing offered by Merc at the moment.

Madmax, wots ur mini? is it a new one? or da old one? any pics?

First Grade Government Wokers Completed 5 -10 Yrs Can Import Up to 1.6L Petrol or up to 2.0L Diesel vehicle and the price Must Be Less than 12,000 US$

First Grade Government Wokers Completed 10 -20 Yrs Can Import Up to 1.8L Petrol or up to 2.5L Diesel vehicle and the price Must Be Less than 15,000 US$

Government Wokers Completed 20+ Yrs Can Import Up to 2.0L Petrol or up to 3.2L Diesel vehicle and the price Must Be Less than 18,000 US$

All These Vehicles Must be Brand New & Canot Transfer These Vehicles To Another Till 5Yrs

Gihan, this 3rd category doesnt have to be in the First Grade? is it? or any other info??

Here's the orginal document from official sources

http://www.documents.gov.lk/

Click on the "Vehicle Permit on Concessionary Terms" link

Here's the orginal document from official sources. Goverment seems to be upto date with technology.

http://www.documents.gov.lk/

Click on the "Vehicle Permit on Concessionary Terms" link

Hey Guys, the permit is official!

Check it out. This is the official document given to the govt employees

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/1109900/Im...otarvehical.pdf]Import Permit[/url]

Cheers!

thanks machang, u just saved me from tuks!

Madmax, wots ur mini? is it a new one? or da old one? any pics?

Gihan, this 3rd category doesnt have to be in the First Grade? is it? or any other info??

Given upto 1.6? thats rich. I see a Honda Civic Vtec :D

Brand new only? Was this the case in earlier round of permits decades ago?

Last time you could bring down recon vehicles upto 3 years, it was transferable, the time before that it was non-transferable.

Yes even the blue permit was 5 years non transferbale

Apparently the 3.2l category seems to be only for government secretaries, and not for senior servants as mentioned in an earlier post. However one can go upto 2.8l diesel which is a choice that was not avaiable any of the previous times. The best buy for the permit would be something diesel and even the agents are advising so.

Toyota will offer a completly revised corolla model for 2007 with the a diesel engine specially for the permit. They will not able to offer any SUVs as the Prado diesel is a 3l.

Unimo is in negotiation with their mother company Mitsubishi to offer a 2.5l diesel Motero sport.

I couldn't check with A*W but from the research I did, they will most probably offer the XTrail diesel which is already here with some NGOs.

Given that you get your hands on a premit, a diesel SUV can will cost close to 4-5 mil brand new.

Edited by madmax

Apparently the 3.2l category seems to be only for government secretaries, and not for senior servants as mentioned in an earlier post. However one can go upto 2.8l diesel which is a choice that was not avaiable any of the previous times. The best buy for the permit would be something diesel and even the agents are advising so.

Toyota will offer a completly revised corolla model for 2007 with the a diesel engine specially for the permit. They will not able to offer any SUVs as the Prado diesel is a 3l.

Unimo is in negotiation with their mother company Mitsubishi to offer a 2.5l diesel Motero sport.

I couldn't check with A*W but from the research I did, they will most probably offer the XTrail diesel which is already here with some NGOs.

Given that you get your hands on a premit, a diesel SUV can will cost close to 4-5 mil brand new.

The issue is this, given that permit in that category not all employees falling into that category may be able to afford it. And speaking of nissans, after the FB15 (not the domestic only model) i never saw a nissan sunny with a diesel engine. The FB15, never seen a N16 with diesel either.

I saw the diesel can go upto 2.8 which means one can go for a the domestic intercooled montero as well

The issue is this, given that permit in that category not all employees falling into that category may be able to afford it. And speaking of nissans, after the FB15 (not the domestic only model) i never saw a nissan sunny with a diesel engine. The FB15, never seen a N16 with diesel either.

I saw the diesel can go upto 2.8 which means one can go for a the domestic intercooled montero as well

If it's domestic, it will go as recon even with zero milage. The permit will allow only brand new, and anything brought down will be export model throught the agents. However the Montero is 2.8l ++ so it will be ruled out.

If it's domestic, it will go as recon even with zero milage. The permit will allow only brand new, and anything brought down will be export model throught the agents. However the Montero is 2.8l ++ so it will be ruled out.

oh yes, i forgot that. This time is only brand new. But What if we imported a domestic model through the agents?

if they can bring the recon versions like toyota and the A*W does, why not that. Anyway its beter to go for a brand new whenever you can

machan if they bring down "domestic models" on order,who is gonna buy the Brand New varients which are intended for sale here?? <_<

cuz the JDM & Export models differ - the agents nor the principals can't follow their business model of various classes of vehicles for various markets,if they try to do what u syggested bro :mellow: its quite illogical i'm afraid

machan if they bring down "domestic models" on order,who is gonna buy the Brand New varients which are intended for sale here?? <_<

cuz the JDM & Export models differ - the agents nor the principals can't follow their business model of various classes of vehicles for various markets,if they try to do what u syggested bro :mellow: its quite illogical i'm afraid

ok, got your point. looks like this time is the most strict permit give away ever

i'm just hoping that we will see a slight drop in prices of jeeps...

I see fuzzo is still on the hunt for a SUV :D

how is the market for SUV's these days?????

In theory if people start to bring down lot of SUV's under the new permit price will come down at least a bit as most of these vehicles will end up in car sales.