• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Any Xbox360 Or Ps3 Owners In Sri Lanka?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

peeddemon200 how safe is it to sea freight a LCD TV to SL? did you take any extra precautions??? i read somewhere that you have to be very careful when transporting a plama or a LCD

if ur in Sri Lanka dont get a Xbox360 because they break down and there are no dealers in SL. I am on my 5th Xbox because it keeps breaking down. But if there is a repair place in SL the the xbox is the way to go because there are alot more games. My set-up is 42inch LCD 1080p (1920x1080 pixels) full Hi-def TV with a Harmon Kardon surround sound with ONKYO speakers. This is a great set up because the xbox supports Hi def and 5.1 surround sound. make sure ur tv comes with HDMI and DVI inputs.

IPB Image

Forza 2 on monitor

IPB Image

IPB Image

There is a cheaper alternative which people in the north American continent might be familiar with. DLP rear projection technology. Some of those DLP (texas instruments licensed technology) tv's have CRAAAZY SICK displays some even on par with Sony Bravia's (comparing to the 42 inch X series - my dad bought it for my big bro in Sydney as a present - hope he drops it and breaks it he he lol - ok im a lil jealous).

Anyways, these DLP's in the US were going for as low as 2000$ compared to bravia's going for around 4000$. The pic quality was sooo good compared to other rear projection technologies. however, it had a problem with the bulb burning out in the early models. Some good ones were from samsung.

Sadly, our idiots in Sri Lanka are not bringing them down dunno why. i'm sure it'll be a cheaper alternative to LCD's and people might actually see the value and buy them over lcd's and plasmas. You guys really need to see a DLP to truly appreciate the value for money.

A dealer in SL is trying to sell me a 1080i 42inch plasma with DVR (video recorder implemented using a built in 80 gig HDD) for 350k which is 150k every where else in the world. Its a crime - i dunno whether Electronics truly have 100% tax or whether our dealers are monopolizing the market as not too many small importers can afford to bring in products that less than 1% of the population is interested in.

Bottom line, you can get a decent "high-def" (not really 1080p stuff but it will have to do until we get better stuff) LCD (32 inch) for 150k and a nice-enough 42inch plasma for 300k.

I'm currently inquiring about bringing down the new 42inch Sony Bravia X series. If i succeed, i'll post with some nice pics :)

Too bad i cant connect a PS3 into my 30inch Dell LCD (there are no HDMI to dual-link DVI converters in existence yet; there are HDMI to Single-Link DVIs but the damn monitor's resolution which is 2560x1600 requires dual-link). If not i would've used that and been soo happy :D

machn don't buy plasma for gaming..... :unsure:

if ur in Sri Lanka dont get a Xbox360 because they break down and there are no dealers in SL. I am on my 5th Xbox because it keeps breaking down. But if there is a repair place in SL the the xbox is the way to go because there are alot more games. My set-up is 42inch LCD 1080p (1920x1080 pixels) full Hi-def TV with a Harmon Kardon surround sound with ONKYO speakers. This is a great set up because the xbox supports Hi def and 5.1 surround sound. make sure ur tv comes with HDMI and DVI inputs.

lovely set up machan .... My set-up is 52" BRAVIA XBR LCD Flat Panel HDTV (Full HD 1920x1080 native LCD panel resolution, BRAVIA Engine PRO with DRC-MFv2.5 digital video processing, 7000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, 8ms panel response time, Wide Color Gamut (WCG-CCFL) backlight

3 HDMI (1080p) inputs, High gloss piano black color ) with The Bose Lifestyle 48 Series III DVD home entertainment system and now Sony released 70" BRAVIA™ XBR® LCD Flat Panel HDT for US$ 32,999.99

lovely set up machan .... My set-up is 52" BRAVIA XBR LCD Flat Panel HDTV (Full HD 1920x1080 native LCD panel resolution, BRAVIA Engine PRO with DRC-MFv2.5 digital video processing, 7000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, 8ms panel response time, Wide Color Gamut (WCG-CCFL) backlight

3 HDMI (1080p) inputs, High gloss piano black color ) with The Bose Lifestyle 48 Series III DVD home entertainment system and now Sony released 70" BRAVIA™ XBR® LCD Flat Panel HDT for US$ 32,999.99

very nice Dilan what are u using for the surround sound? are u using optical or coaxial for ur sound. I would advise you to get the set-up DVD for that TV because it help with setting the right color and contrast ratios

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
hey anybody know a place they sell original PS2 game cd's? .....got a buddy who's unwilling to modify

btw do u know any place thet sells ps3 game cd's except e-m**t (MC and crescat)...i hear there are some shops in colombo that sell them cheaper...

check Nastas (spelling???) in liberty plaza for ps2 originals... they might not have a wide variety though :(

i normally buy my special edition pirated versions for ps2 from a joint in dasa building col 3... called classic entertainment or summin like that.... they have a decent collection of Ps2 stuff so maybe they might have 3 stuff as well :)

check Nastas (spelling???) in liberty plaza for ps2 originals... they might not have a wide variety though :(

i normally buy my special edition pirated versions for ps2 from a joint in dasa building col 3... called classic entertainment or summin like that.... they have a decent collection of Ps2 stuff so maybe they might have 3 stuff as well :)

place went outta business about a month or more back :(

There is a place on the 2nd floor at Majestic City which has games - don't recall the name , but its opposite (sorta) the Levis shop if i recall right - most CD's they have there are very good quality

• 3 months later...
which ever way make sure you get it from a place with a good warranty - those things are known to give all kinds of problems - i know a bloke who has had to send his back to singapore for repairs more than 2-3 times now , so it pays to have a solid warranty

yeah machan i was goin to get one brought down by someone...but now i'm gonna buy one from here cos of the warrenty thing...

i've had a hell of a time with the crappy xbox(have you heard of the ring of death thing on the 360?...bloody nightmare it was), so i think it's time for me to go back to sony...

i'm very much lookin forward to playin metal gear solid,gt5:prologue and the f1 championship game on the new one

Ripper

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts May 14 2007, 12:48 PM Post #21

Chief Bottle Opener

Group: Members

Member No.: 2,653

darn... i'm playing ma ps2 on a sony 21 incher

man least u have somethin to play....i got nothin...but im in the look out for one still to decide which mite last longer and has better games....oh and the new GTA4-lost and the damned is out anyone seen the trailer...nt sure about SL though....and its only available on xbox...

yeah machan i was goin to get one brought down by someone...but now i'm gonna buy one from here cos of the warrenty thing...

i've had a hell of a time with the crappy xbox(have you heard of the ring of death thing on the 360?...bloody nightmare it was), so i think it's time for me to go back to sony...

first version of the xbox 360 had many cooling issues. The current one seems to be alright. Apparently it has a smaller chip and better cooling than the first gen. if possible, when you are buying these consoles, get them with the extended warranty. 1st gen 360 that we had here only lasted for about 3 years before it started giving all sorts of video output issues. They managed to repair it once, but it didnt last very long. Anyway, since we had the 5 year extended warranty, they gave a new one for free.

just wondering, any AL members play halo online? if so post your gametag

Edited by GearHead

all too much i'm afraid

i watched 2 of the 360's@Ground Zero at Excel world display the "Red Rings of Death" whilst trying to have small Halo tourny :(

to make it worse , some random blokes had brought thier own 360 as well and even that decided to pack up mid way!

i've seen the look on the owners faces when its happened... not a pretty sight :(

just got myself a 80gig ps3 from one of the shops at MC with full manufacturer's warrenty for one year

just started playin GTA4 and ...WOW!!!!!!....i'm very impressed

u lucky dog! :D

if you need some competition you know who to call ;) afterall it must get boring racing alone ne.. HINT HINT :lol:

- get the GT5 prologue - i suck on everything bar Tsukuba (i don't know if the track even made it to the new game , but still) , so you can have the satisifaction of winning over n over again!