• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Any Xbox360 Or Ps3 Owners In Sri Lanka?

HelRazor

View Member Profile Yesterday, 10:03 PM Post #49

Pro Member

Group: Members

Member No.: 25,677

just got myself a 80gig ps3 from one of the shops at MC with full manufacturer's warrenty for one year

just started playin GTA4 and ...WOW!!!!!!....i'm very impressed

woah good scene man...if u dont mind me askin hw much did it cost u jus so i can compare it with bringing one over and still having warranty n stuff..

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

woah good scene man...if u dont mind me askin hw much did it cost u jus so i can compare it with bringing one over and still having warranty n stuff..

the 80 gig was 60k...a very high price compared to bringing one down myself..but i went with it cos they will exchange it for a new one if anything goes wrong,so i didn't mind the extra 15k or so....

if you can arrange means to return it to the country you bought it(if it breaks)...then bring one down yourself...that's waay cheaper.

Edited by HelRazor

i think thats a pretty reasonable price in sri lanka with warranty...yeh im still weighin options though...i havent heard of a ps3 bustin up as frequent as a xbox though...so shippin bk mite be less likely...enjoy the console man..

• 1 month later...
u lucky dog! :D

if you need some competition you know who to call ;) afterall it must get boring racing alone ne.. HINT HINT :lol:

- get the GT5 prologue - i suck on everything bar Tsukuba (i don't know if the track even made it to the new game , but still) , so you can have the satisifaction of winning over n over again!

just brought down gt5:prologue down machang...was able to get it cheap through ebay as it's almost two years old now.....a very nice game particularly considering the fact that it's basically a glorified demo....been playing it all weekend...damn that things addictive!...right now i'm trying my best to unlock the f2007 ferrari....the full version should be mind blowing

haha...i could use a good human challenger like you...the AI cars are too "civilised" and our mutual friend(who shares my last name) sucks at video games :lol:

Edited by HelRazor

just brought down gt5:prologue down machang...was able to get it cheap through ebay as it's almost two years old now.....a very nice game particularly considering the fact that it's basically a glorified demo....been playing it all weekend...damn that things addictive!...right now i'm trying my best to unlock the f2007 ferrari....the full version should be mind blowing

haha...i could use a good human challenger like you...the AI cars are too "civilised" and our mutual friend(who shares my last name) sucks at video games :lol:

ooh pick me pick me! :lol:

Hell I'm in. But playing split screen sucks, time trials are more fun. I bought a controller and mem card specifically for myself just to go over to Madmax's and play PS2 back in the day. :) Tho when he sold it we gave the extra controller too.

Heck, I might be able to borrow it again if this is PS2. Or PS2 compatible.

Hell I'm in. But playing split screen sucks, time trials are more fun. I bought a controller and mem card specifically for myself just to go over to Madmax's and play PS2 back in the day. :) Tho when he sold it we gave the extra controller too.

Heck, I might be able to borrow it again if this is PS2. Or PS2 compatible.

righto...gaming party at my place it is...let me know when you can haul your asses down to kelaniya...should be fun to have the gang visit again :)

no machan the ps2 controllers dont work on the ps3...it needs a dualshock 3 wireless or a sixxaxis controller :(

at that price i guess i wouldn't mind getting myself one as well :) - given esp that it can double up as a dvd player as well right? :unsure:

do PS2's play our local dvd's and .avi burned on a pc? :huh:

the PS2 has a USB input right - what exactly can it be used for?? cuz i once tried connecting a USB Logitec PC game pad with identical to the PS controller but it didn't work - so what purpose does it serve? :huh:

yeh thats the same thing i thought as well...the console plus extra controller and the memory card cost like $141 on amazon...im hoping to stop by singapore when im coming back hopefully the modded one would cost less or same...given the game availability in sri lanka for ps2 i think its definetly a worth buy.... :rolleyes: ...yeh it can work as a dvd player and since it runs a modded chip i think we should be able to play pirate copies also..usb no clue about that though...

well i thought about it too. but the problem im faced with is the power source problem. Cos the US version is not 240v. And also installing the mod chip is going to cost you another 7000-8000 bucks. Mod chip charges vary with the model. the 99 dollar version is the slim model. technically the whole thing will cost you about 20,000/= considering getting the stuff YALA said too.

If you got some extra cash lying around i think its a fair enough deal, you never gonna get bored with a PS2.

Yala - I dont think Singapore dutyfree shops will be selling moded consoles. but my knowledge could be wrong.

well i thought about it too. but the problem im faced with is the power source problem. Cos the US version is not 240v. And also installing the mod chip is going to cost you another 7000-8000 bucks. Mod chip charges vary with the model. the 99 dollar version is the slim model. technically the whole thing will cost you about 20,000/= considering getting the stuff YALA said too.

If you got some extra cash lying around i think its a fair enough deal, you never gonna get bored with a PS2.

Yala - I dont think Singapore dutyfree shops will be selling moded consoles. but my knowledge could be wrong.

the power problem i think you can use a power converter for that...yeh i agree with u on duty free shops wont carry the modded version...im hoping mustafas or naranjans would have it but fingers crossed...let u guys know how it goes if infact i go ahead with buying...and surprisingly enough the ps3 is jus $399 now so probably within another year or so it would become affordable... :jumping-smiley-013:

This game console thing seems to be wayy too complicated than i thought... was under the impresison that it was mere plug-n-play

@Yala: If you tell me the exact part namei can call Naranjans/Mustafa and check for you. It'd save you the trouble of walking around looking for it.

Edited by Dilesh

This game console thing seems to be wayy too complicated than i thought... was under the impresison that it was mere plug-n-play

@Yala: If you tell me the exact part namei can call Naranjans/Mustafa and check for you. It'd save you the trouble of walking around looking for it.

some guys its a huge thing..im working for one manager here who sometimes works till midnite goes home plays till morning and comes back to work drinking redbull...so yeh u get extreme cases.

dilesh sorry machan but i do not know part numbers for anything as reference i just know it as playstation 2 modded version plus looking to buy an extra controller and 8mb memory card...unless the more hardcore gamers can shed some light on the part numbers i am clueless :huh: on part numbers...but thanks for the offer machan

YALA - the best bet will be to buy a console from Singapore and get it moded in SL. I explored the possiblity of using a power adaptor to convert the power source but it seems its not the best option cos the adapter would have trouble when using for long terms. I already hav an adapter in SL it gets crazy hot after a short while.

DILESH - you could probably just call them up and ask how much a PS2 console costs? One here costs exactly 99 dollars the PS3-399 and X-BOX arnd 300 and also whether its moded to play copied(pirated) games. No part number as such when referring. Currently the market only has the Slim Console.

YALA - the best bet will be to buy a console from Singapore and get it moded in SL. I explored the possiblity of using a power adaptor to convert the power source but it seems its not the best option cos the adapter would have trouble when using for long terms. I already hav an adapter in SL it gets crazy hot after a short while.

DILESH - you could probably just call them up and ask how much a PS2 console costs? One here costs exactly 99 dollars the PS3-399 and X-BOX arnd 300 and also whether its moded to play copied(pirated) games. No part number as such when referring. Currently the market only has the Slim Console.

devaka how much are we talking about for gettin the machine modded in sl...a collegue of mine bough a ps2 good two years back from singapore and its cost him 22,000 for the modded console extra controller and memory card...so i was thinking right now its should be atleast marginaly lower than that...which would still be cheaper than me buying and getting it modded in sl right?....

yeh those prices seem to be accurate its the same prices on amazon i checked...

devaka how much are we talking about for gettin the machine modded in sl...a collegue of mine bough a ps2 good two years back from singapore and its cost him 22,000 for the modded console extra controller and memory card...so i was thinking right now its should be atleast marginaly lower than that...which would still be cheaper than me buying and getting it modded in sl right?....

yeh those prices seem to be accurate its the same prices on amazon i checked...

The last time i checked, which was a month back the prices were ranging from Rs.6,500-7500. Could be cheaper if you kno sum chap who do these. In Sing' it might b cheaper. So the whole package we're looking at is 99 dollars for the console + 60 dollars for the mod chip + 20 for extra controller and mem. card = roughly arnd 20,000 rupees. which could be cheaper if the MOD is done cheaper. It aint a bad deal at all for the new Slim PS2. I sold my fat PS2 abt 2 years ago for 12,000 but now I want one again. Dont want the PS3 as the games are crazy expensive. And cant copy Blue-Ray (or cud take a while for the piraters to do so and not an XBOX fan at all) hope that helps thats all i know on this field.

hi dilesh he's asking that price because its used...so depending on how well its used you might want to reconsider...i spoke to an IT guy from our office in singapore and i was told to check at sim lim square which i blv is like our unity plaza for computers but instead of computers its all electronics...so yeh if you are interested jus check it out there....ill be checking on it during the following few days or maybe next week as to the prices so when i come back in may i can jus go get it.....has any one checked the price of it in sl. the shop in mc asked for 24,000 for the modded console extra controller, memory card and 5 games...so wutd u guys think of the prices should be now????