• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Drunken Driver Pays The Price

Velocity

Drunken driver pays the price

Tuesday, 15 May 2007 - 5:00 AM SL Time

The driver of a private bus, plying between Malabe and Pettah, was fined Rs. 15,000 and sentenced to four months jail suspended for five years on his pleading guilty to driving under the influence of liquor.

The driver was arrested by the Borella police and produced before the Colombo Traffic Court, following complaints by commuters that he was drunk. His driving licence was also suspended for nine months.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taken from Lankanewspapers

The driver of a private bus, plying between Malabe and Pettah, was fined Rs. 15,000 and sentenced to four months jail suspended for five years on his pleading guilty to driving under the influence of liquor.

The driver was arrested by the Borella police and produced before the Colombo Traffic Court, following complaints by commuters that he was drunk. His driving licence was also suspended for nine months.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Excellent!

GOOD!! impressed! :D

sometimes i wonder wot on earth 'will have to buy, so that we dont have to be such careful with the bus's.. but i don't see a answer. cos wot ever you buy you will have to watch around..

of course guys those have old jeeps will be happy to play with bikes and 3 wheels, but can you do that with buses? i guess not :(

Speaking of drunken driving, how many of you guys still do it? most of my friends leave their cars at home if we are meeting up for a session.

Also what is the exact penalty these days???

ooh.. Its a big no.. no.. to do these days.. :ninja: I dont think theres a so called exact panalty.. One of my friends was busted about 4 months back.. He was fined Rs. 4500 + licence was cancelled for 2 months.. :(

And about a month ago another one of our guys got busted but we managed to get out afta offering a small "gift" to da kind hearted officer, right inside da P***ce station.. :D.. i must say that we had to wait a couple of hours till those guys made up their minds..

Edited by MrCat

maxa..... ;)

maxa..... ;)

Machan seriously its the first time i heard that there was a prison sentence given for drinking and driving !!!!

And this thing happend at Day Time. Imagine Half of the Bus and Truck Drivers are drunk at Night.

Some say they drive better after a Shot.. LOL :)

ooh.. Its a big no.. no.. to do these days.. :ninja: I dont think theres a so called exact panalty.. One of my friends was busted about 4 months back.. He was fined Rs. 4500 + licence was cancelled for 2 months.. :(

And about a month ago another one of our guys got busted but we managed to get out afta offering a small "gift" to da kind hearted officer, right inside da P***ce station.. :D.. i must say that we had to wait a couple of hours till those guys made up their minds..

LOL, shame to say but me too had to donate some..... :( but i decided to never to drink and drive again. cos its not worth the risk

15,000? Bro ist it just 5k?

Somebody forgot to pay their Bus Union membership fees again ;)

Still.. nice to see the law crack down on a Bus driver.

But what about the sober ones who drive like drunkards??

When all thing are going form bad to worse… with fuel hikes…… Dum idiots form RDA coming up with revolutionary ideas of road development ………

It’s nice to hear this kind of News….. Well done to the local Kaki’s it’s very rare that you hear Drunk bus drivers getting caught…..

GOOD!! impressed! :D

sometimes i wonder wot on earth 'will have to buy, so that we dont have to be such careful with the bus's.. but i don't see a answer. cos wot ever you buy you will have to watch around..

of course guys those have old jeeps will be happy to play with bikes and 3 wheels, but can you do that with buses? i guess not :(

mmmm I like your thinking.... in line with mine.......

Well a JCB or a caterpillar ( Earth movers) was my first thought but as it's not practical gave it up.......

The prices of jeeps and Pick- ups are absurd....... trying my level best to buy one - a pickup but no luck yet..... further... with the diesel prices reaching the heavens.... not very attractive option

Dima.. "Mathata Thitha" :-)

Well a JCB or a caterpillar ( Earth movers) was my first thought but as it's not practical gave it up.......

The prices of jeeps and Pick- ups are absurd....... trying my level best to buy one - a pickup but no luck yet..... further... with the diesel prices reaching the heavens.... not very attractive option

have you considered the Tata 207 Diesel? They are powerful, reliable, and a brand new one could be got for a million or so.

Besides, they are capable of going upto 300,000kms without major engine work (I think it was Duncan who said that).

True it's not as cool as a toyota but what the hell it would do the job and the price is right. If I was buying, I'd buy one of those.

I don't mind having the TATA as a second vehicle to maybe pull a boat around and take the dirt bikes on trailer on camping trips kinda stuff :)

If only it looked a tad better and was double cab.

maybe that's why it's cheaper ;)

have you considered the Tata 207 Diesel? They are powerful, reliable, and a brand new one could be got for a million or so.

Besides, they are capable of going upto 300,000kms without major engine work (I think it was Duncan who said that).

True it's not as cool as a toyota but what the hell it would do the job and the price is right. If I was buying, I'd buy one of those.