• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car/ SUV around 3.5m buying guide

Ruwan.perera

Question

Hi everyone, Im looking to buy a car or suv (mini, crossover) around 3.5m. Sounds pretty low budget but here me out. 

im more like to use it for long distance drive. So im looking for a balanced option. Also it will be my first ever motorcar so at least a year away from garage would be nice till learners thing.  Im up to any option but leave Indian cars alone. 😁

My interest are around SUVs and hatchbacks. Also i like to enjoy the ride. Im not using it for daily driving. So Any expert, experienced advice for this noob to consider how to select a vehicle. 

ps

also i have around 1.8m in hand and plan to lease 1.0 - 2.0mn. Don’t know how it helps just to let anyone needs to know. 

5 answers to this question

21 hours ago, Ruwan.perera said:

also i have around 1.8m in hand and plan to lease 1.0 - 2.0mn. Don’t know how it helps just to let anyone needs to know. 

Here's  a little suggestion. Why don't you skip the lease ( anyway it makes more sense to go for a personal loan than a lease) for the 1.8M you have in hand -go for a first gen Mazda Demio. It's a hatch with some elements of late 90's Crossover/MPV styling. Manuals are cheaper so 1.8 /1.9 should fetch you a decent car. If you want an auto it might be around 2Mill but you can always bargain - so you won't really have to go for that lease. (You will be able to fit in mainstream hatches like March K11's and Starlet EP82's for the 1.8 Budget too) 

image.png.6f4238b200a3a18b5e93329adb8fe22e.png

If this is not your cup of tea and need to go for the 3.5 Budget

SX 4 and 2nd Gen Demio's are good choices as the two above suggested. I'm not sure if they will fit in your budget. The SX4 of course has the more SUV vibe to it. 

two more suggestions. 

1. Suzuki Swift Ignis/ Chevy Cruze HT51S : Again a hatch with some SUVish elements. 3.5 should be enough for a decent specimen. Have one in the family a rugged no-nonsense car. 

2. Suzuki Swift ZC71S - locally called the 'Beetle Swift' - Not quite an SUV but very nimble and fun to drive hatchback. Might just stretch your budget beyond 3.5 though.

If you are looking for SUV's for practicality then an alternate choice are wagons.

On 12/10/2023 at 11:57 PM, Hyaenidae said:

SX4

Thank you. 

On 12/11/2023 at 6:45 AM, iRage said:

In addition to the SX4

- Demio (1st and 2nd gens should fit your budget)

Also....don't be afraid of something like a Familia sedan from the 2000s especially if it is in really good shape.

thank you. well my eye catch the SX4 due to ground clarence. all the selling vehicals are 4mn. 

18 hours ago, matroska said:

Here's  a little suggestion. Why don't you skip the lease ( anyway it makes more sense to go for a personal loan than a lease) for the 1.8M you have in hand -go for a first gen Mazda Demio. It's a hatch with some elements of late 90's Crossover/MPV styling. Manuals are cheaper so 1.8 /1.9 should fetch you a decent car. If you want an auto it might be around 2Mill but you can always bargain - so you won't really have to go for that lease. (You will be able to fit in mainstream hatches like March K11's and Starlet EP82's for the 1.8 Budget too) 

image.png.6f4238b200a3a18b5e93329adb8fe22e.png

If this is not your cup of tea and need to go for the 3.5 Budget

SX 4 and 2nd Gen Demio's are good choices as the two above suggested. I'm not sure if they will fit in your budget. The SX4 of course has the more SUV vibe to it. 

two more suggestions. 

1. Suzuki Swift Ignis/ Chevy Cruze HT51S : Again a hatch with some SUVish elements. 3.5 should be enough for a decent specimen. Have one in the family a rugged no-nonsense car. 

2. Suzuki Swift ZC71S - locally called the 'Beetle Swift' - Not quite an SUV but very nimble and fun to drive hatchback. Might just stretch your budget beyond 3.5 though.

If you are looking for SUV's for practicality then an alternate choice are wagons.

I cannot skip lease coz i alreay have a loan.   SX4 catches my eye. but it wont fit in my budget. i might push my budget to fit SX4. 
 any know issue or tips to keep in mind for me to check this car. 

also i'll check the rest of suggested cars as well.  Thank you.!