• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suspension System - Shock Absorbers

dpbatagoda

Question

Hi dudes,

Recently I had a vehicle checkup at Toyota Lanka and the front suspension is diagonistic as Overhaul. But the estimated cost to replace it is for labour: 13,000 and for parts 80,000. I felt this is too much. My questions:

1. Do I have to replace the entire suspension system or only the Shocks is enough?

2. Since CR42 syspensions are not much comfortable, Can I use some other superior suspension system/Shocks?

3. how much is good pair of Shocks for front wheels?

4. What are the good brands for shocks and where can I buy?

Vehicle: Toyota Townace, CR42, 1999 model

Regards,

Dharshana

Hope this thread is still alive!!

Need a help you experts?

I have a Toyota Vitz SCP10 car..when I went for fix some other issue in my car for Arabian Motors they said my foront shoks and coils srpings not good..Yes I also coud guess it coZ car was down to rigt side abit..

So they saying to replace the whle kit(coilsping+shocks) right side

Whats the best way?

is it enough repalcing coils spring only?where i can get new/spare cois prings?

Please help?????

Hi dudes,

Recently I had a vehicle checkup at Toyota Lanka and the front suspension is diagonistic as Overhaul. But the estimated cost to replace it is for labour: 13,000 and for parts 80,000. I felt this is too much. My questions:

1. Do I have to replace the entire suspension system or only the Shocks is enough?

2. Since CR42 syspensions are not much comfortable, Can I use some other superior suspension system/Shocks?

Regards,

Dharshana

you have done the check up at the wrong place. :ninja:

Hi dudes,

Regards,

Dharshana

we also replaced all 4 shocks cost rs 15000....

one shock rs 3750 KYB

Also sometimes you may need to change Bole joints and CV joints

y do u say that CR 42 is not much comfortable...r u comparing with a car o with a Van....

Hope this thread is still alive!!

Need a help you experts?

I have a Toyota Vitz SCP10 car..when I went for fix some other issue in my car for Arabian Motors they said my foront shoks and coils srpings not good..Yes I also coud guess it coZ car was down to rigt side abit..

So they saying to replace the whle kit(coilsping+shocks) right side

Whats the best way?

is it enough repalcing coils spring only?where i can get new/spare cois prings?

Please help?????

'nish1',

First of all get your car shock absorbers tested by M/s, Nalaka next to Arpico showroom you have to come from union place next to 2nd traffic lights turn to left before Arpico show room. Then if they say you have to change them as they will give you a computerized report I think they do that too.

You get hold of a small timer mechanic who is recommended to come home and do your suspension as all big time work shops whom you have said charge very high due to their overheads.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'nish1',

First of all get your car shock absorbers tested by M/s, Nalaka next to Arpico showroom you have to come from union place next to 2nd traffic lights turn to left before Arpico show room. Then if they say you have to change them as they will give you a computerized report I think they do that too.

You get hold of a small timer mechanic who is recommended to come home and do your suspension as all big time work shops whom you have said charge very high due to their overheads.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Thanks sylvi,

but the Arabian motors near (HNB towers) they said may coil-spring on the right hand side not good..so then I asked is it OK for replace only the coil-spring?they saying me to replace the whole(coil spring+shock)...

1.How much will it cost for both front shocks?

2.Where I can buy them?

3.I think I need to repace cilsping too..where I can tested them?

4.Where I can Buy them(coilspring)?

5.how much will them cost?(need the chepest place)?

6.Do the nalaka test coilspring too..may be the prob in the coilspring not the shoks?

CAR -VITZ SCP10

Thanks again..

Edited by nish1

Thanks sylvi,

but the Arabian motors near (HNB towers) they said may coil-spring on the right hand side not good..so then I asked is it OK for replace only the coil-spring?they saying me to replace the whole(coil spring+shock)...

2.Where I can buy them?

6.Do the nalaka test coilspring too..may be the prob in the coilspring not the shoks?

CAR -VITZ SCP10

Thanks again..

'nish1'

I dont think any one has a coil spring testing machine. It is tested by using a weight with a new spring and old spring calculate the difference of the compression.

Shocks you can buy from opposite Nalaka they have KYB. Springs both side you have to remove and do a visible test height of both will have to be same if not there will be something else you have to examine.Cost of the spares I cannot estimate.

Do you have any one to do all this or do you want to get a motor garage to do this.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

Thanks sylvi,

2.Where I can buy them?

CAR -VITZ SCP10

Thanks again..

Guys don't ever go to ARABIAN MOTORS they will screw your vehicle big time, i had a total nightmare with these guys, and even if you do don't ever leave your vehicle with them. They have terrible customer support, and their technicians are full of sh** and my vehicle is still messed up even after a year ive been to them for a quick paint Job, in short, when i got my vehicle out, my break pads were totally gone upto the metal plate more like someone has done it purposely coz i scolded them for paiting the wrong side of my vehicle, it was more like a revenge i would hv gotten killed coz i went on road without any Breaks, and as a result the wheel drum was badly scratched as well, i paid them to fix it but they have messed it up even more and im still hearing lot of noises. So if u love your vehicle dont ever go to this crappy bullshi** joint and waste your money and time

Edited by Happy26