• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

help looking for a pop up headlight car

5 hours ago, knight gaming said:

hey im looking forward to buy a 'pop up headlight' car in sri lanka what are my options .btw budget is around 5mil-6mil

Within budget : Mazda Astina. E90 series Trueno. E80 series Trueno. 

Maybe within or upper end of budget : FC series RX7 (or earlier model), MR2

Above your budget : A70 Supra, MR-S

Good luck finding one though :)

• 2 months later...
On 1/12/2024 at 2:22 PM, iRage said:

Within budget : Mazda Astina. E90 series Trueno. E80 series Trueno. 

Maybe within or upper end of budget : FC series RX7 (or earlier model), MR2

Above your budget : A70 Supra, MR-S

Good luck finding one though :)

Hi, I am also eyeing for a pop-up headlights car. Currently looking at some Astinas and a couple of Honda Integra 87s. My worry is finding body parts. (AC vents, dashboard switches, power mirror power shutter switches, door handles etc). Is there any particular place that I can check for Astina parts or Integra 87 parts, or a place that can order them for me? TIA. 

5 hours ago, Azula9713 said:

Hi, I am also eyeing for a pop-up headlights car. Currently looking at some Astinas and a couple of Honda Integra 87s. My worry is finding body parts. (AC vents, dashboard switches, power mirror power shutter switches, door handles etc). Is there any particular place that I can check for Astina parts or Integra 87 parts, or a place that can order them for me? TIA. 

🤣🤣 🤣🤣 🤣🤣 🤣🤣 🤣🤣

Oh..sorry..that was rude...
uhh...no...maintaining popup lights is a pain like you have never imagined :)
Actuators, relays...they are all pretty much out of production and have been so for like decades. Popular models like AE86 Truenos, RX7s, etc...have after market reproductions that cost an arm and a leg and the kidneys of your first born and your first grand child. Even then those who cannot be bothered just convert them in to fixed headlamps. When these go bad you are at the mercy of a good electrician/electrical-wizard to sort it out for you using alternative parts.

It's cool to say you have pop-up lights, but they are a pain to maintain and lack practicality. 
As for  the other parts....you are going to have a similar problem with whatever old 80s, 90s or older car you get. Even for cars like 80s Corollas, Sunny,etc..body parts are becoming an issue. The exception are cars like the KE72 DX wagons, Lancer wagons, E100 Corollas etc...where they sold them buy ship loads around the planet and have a large aftermarket parts supply. Obviously the rarer (i.e. sold less number of units by the manufacturer) the car is the harder it will be to find these parts (sadly the Astina, Integra fall into this category).

Going back to the pop-up light car...normal body parts are a bit easier to come by than the pop-up light as things like door handles, switches would have been used in other models of the period. Body panels..since most are actual metal you need a good tinkering guy to beat it our and fix it properly. Lights will be a hard to come by item.

So no...don't expect to walk in to a speciality store or any body shop to find a stock of parts for these cars. You will have to walk, beg, cry, yell, walk more to find these parts.

• Like 1