• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What's the wise option? Suzuki Vitara 2010 or Toyota Rush 2008

Rochana Dissanayake

Question

Hey everyone,

I'm new to all of this and I would really like your help to decide what vehicle type is better?

I'm looking for overall a wise choice in terms of petrol, reliability and looks. Suzuki Vitara 2010 & Toyota Rush 2008 are what's in my budget.

The Toyota rush is cheaper but Suzuki Vitara looks good and does 8-9km within city. I'm not sure how much the rush does. 

What would be the best option? 

8 answers to this question

Replying since I'm owning a Vitara (2007 2.0 AWD).. What type of Vitara is this? there are 2 Litre 2wd Model which imported down under Permits, and 2.4 Litre Model with All wheel Drive (Full Time). for 2.4 Model there's known issue of Engine Block getting cracked due to a die-cast issue. i think this was sorted out after 2010. there is specific Engine numbers which are affected, perhaps you can clear this out from he Agents. for AWD Model these will do only around 6-7 in City. also AWD model is very maintenance intensive you need to spend some moolah on Drive train maintenance such as Diff oil changes Transfer case Oil change etc. 2WD model is very basic model with better gas mileage. should do around the figures you mentioned above. 

Edited by Ruslan
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Rochana Dissanayake said:

The Toyota rush is cheaper but Suzuki Vitara looks good and does 8-9km within city. I'm not sure how much the rush does. 

A close family member had a Rush...it did about 9-10. 
You need to realize that the Rush and the Vitara you are looking at are in two different categories/classes. The 2010 Vitara is more in line with the RAV4/CR-V of the period so you would get more car than the Rush. The Rush was a smaller entry level "crossover", which is pretty much a tad larger than a Vitz inside. So that also needs to be factored in when comparing prices.

Also, the Vitara is a bit more off-road capable than the Rush. The JDM Escudo came with a switchable AWD system with 4H,4L and even with a rear (or is it center ?) diff locker. The Rush was..well just a simple real-time AWD system. Also...don't forget the Rush has a 1.5L engine (3SZ) with like 105hp and 140 Nm torque...so it is quite weaker than any of the Vitara variants you can get. This is okay for sitting around and crawling in traffic but when on the highway or under load the engine can get a bit under strain. In fact the engine performance feels just like an E140 Axio....

9 hours ago, Rochana Dissanayake said:

Toyota Rush 2008

Is in fact a Daihatsu Terios. If i remember correctly the Daihtasu Agents back in the day on their website had a write up explaining why the Terios was better than the Rush :D 

56 minutes ago, iRage said:

The JDM Escudo came with a switchable AWD system with 4H,4L and even with a rear (or is it center ?)

Center diff. Even brand new ones imported had this.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, matroska said:

Is in fact a Daihatsu Terios

Actually its neither...The Rush is NOT a Terios and the Terios is NOT a Rush.
It is a misconception carried on by its predecessor the Toyota Cami (and one brewed by the Lankan car sales guys) that the Rush was an OEM of the Terios. 

The Cami, was a rebadged Daihatsu Terios fully developed and supplied as an OEM to Toyota.The Rush on the other hand has more or less everything Toyota except for the design which was done by Daihatsu. The platform itself was a derivative of the platform used for the Vitz and the Corolla. It was a time where Daihatsu and Toyota were starting to co-develop cars (as opposed to one building it and slapping the other's badge on it). 

So depending on how you look at the car, it is a Toyota..or it can be a Daihatsu.

The car was manufactured by Daihatsu Auto Body - Kyushu for Toyota/Daihatsu. Now...before you jump the gun...you should know that just because Daihatsu built it in their plant it doesn't automatically make it a Daihatsu either.

Quite a few Toyota cars have been built by Daihatsu in the past and at present...including the Toyota as Toyota can be Probox/Succeed.

and guess what ??!!!

The TownAce/LiteAce !! Yes ! All generations of the TownAce/LiteAce (even the R40 series Noah Lankans get orgasmic about) was built by Daihatsu :) 

So..not entirely fair to say the Rush is a rebadged Daihatsu or that the Terios is a rebadged Rush.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, iRage said:

and one brewed by the Lankan car sales guys

I think the car guys who were bringing down recon Rushes propagated that the Rush was the 'superior' version of the terios - to which the agent countered (on their website no less) that the Terios was actually better :D  yeah I know it was co-developed but disclaimers/fine-print/technicalities  aside it's more or less two apples from the same tree- but probably the Rush goes for half a million  more in Sri Lanka due to the Toyota badge -same for all situations where Toyo's and Dai's are involved :D 

4 hours ago, matroska said:

I think the car guys who were bringing down recon Rushes propagated that the Rush was the 'superior' version of the terios - to which the agent countered (on their website no less) that the Terios was actually better :D  yeah I know it was co-developed but disclaimers/fine-print/technicalities  aside it's more or less two apples from the same tree- but probably the Rush goes for half a million  more in Sri Lanka due to the Toyota badge -same for all situations where Toyo's and Dai's are involved :D 

Here is a plan...does anyone want to buy a LiteAce/ TownAce / Noah anytime soon ? We should spread the word that it was made by Daihatsu and that the only thing Toyota about it is the name :)