• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Automobile Tax

Axela

I heard a new tax will come for the automobiles very soon.Do you guys/gals have any info on this.What do you think will be the effect on actual terms(I am asking this because we know how our car sales guys take advantage of any tax revisions).

There are two possible scenarios:

1. Revised taxes (annual) based on engine capacity- this is unconfirmed though

http://www.dailymirror.lk/2007/09/05/front/02.asp

2. The other is the increase import taxes

http://www.sundaytimes.lk/070902/News/nws1.html

Deepen those pockets boys. Someone has to pay for the politicos' meals, houses, prados, and errant sons.

Plus they need more money to fill their pockets with....it has come from SOMEWHERE...

Edited by gunat

Deepen those pockets boys. Someone has to pay for the politicos' meals, houses, prados, and errant sons.

Plus they need more money to fill their pockets with....it has come from SOMEWHERE...

not to mention the much denied Aston Martin! ;)

i think this is a good move by the goverment since there are lot of curency moving out of SL

Its some good shit you are on man, I would like some myself,

Of course a lot of money is going out of SL to buy Porche Cayenne's Aston Martins and all sorts

Maybe next you are going to suggest taking bribes in international government deals such as arms deals is good because it brings money to the country

There is something else going out of the country ..................... if nobody has noticed .. People ............

i think this is a good move by the goverment since there are lot of curency moving out of SL

I can’t blame U for saying what you have said- After all your User ID says it all “WEED”

Well once you’ve come to your senses …….. read this

I have no issues in paying a tax IF it’s for the good of the country.

NOT for a Jambo cabinet full of morons

NOT for luxury prado’s defenders Mercs & the Blooming DB9

NOT for a lavish lifestyle the politicos get – in addition to the commission and gahili from various projects

NOT for airport projects that eat up 60Mil & then find it’s not feasible and MIHIN air

Money going out is one issues like DON said look at the amount of people leaving – mind U these are not people who have just a A/L certificate OK

This gov will flourish with people like U :action-smiley-060:

There are two possible scenarios:

1. Revised taxes (annual) based on engine capacity- this is unconfirmed though

http://www.dailymirror.lk/2007/09/05/front/02.asp

2. The other is the increase import taxes

http://www.sundaytimes.lk/070902/News/nws1.html

This is the only way the government can survive. If you dont have money get some from the ppl. We people in the automobile trade is hit the worst. They talk of only small increases but end of the day it all comes down to a lot more money as the samll 5% increase would mean an increase of about 15%. Now thats actually bad. I see that this is never gonna end as long as we keep buying new vehicles. cos all said there have been more than 12,000 vehicles registered last year and it has been more than the previous year. So the best place for a government to make big bucks is through taxes on vehicles.

No wonder we pay Rs. 6.0 to buy a G.Vitara when we can afford to buy a better vehicle (Porsche Cayenne, Range Sport or X5. A little bit more and you can wait and get a new Skyline GTR) somewhere out there.

Yes Don I have also noticed the exit of professionals from this country. What to do machang, I think we all should go and leave the beloved country for the fools to run on their own. I doubt very much whether they'll bring something that prevents professional leaving the country. So if anyone here is thinking of leaving it gotta be now.

WEED - you have pickup the exactly matching name for you. :angry-smiley-048:

And there are lots of WEED’s in Sri Lanka apart from you. As long as people like you exists politicos will keep eating the country. They know there are Weeds to backup them no matter how corrupted they are. :angry-smiley-024:

Politicos and Government workers get permits to buy vehicles without the taxes and others have to pay their taxes. How fair that is?

Edited by Sha7

I can’t blame U for saying what you have said- After all your User ID says it all “WEED”

NOT for a lavish lifestyle the politicos get – in addition to the commission and gahili from various projects

NOT for airport projects that eat up 60Mil & then find it’s not feasible and MIHIN air

Money going out is one issues like DON said look at the amount of people leaving – mind U these are not people who have just a A/L certificate OK

i could not have said it better

Couldnt have said it better my self ! :violent-smiley-030: Damn politicians dont have enough money to feed the freakin farm animals inside that stuffed barnyard they call the parliment!

Guess who's payin???? :violent-smiley-099:

You only see the brighter side of it mate! Thanks for pointing this out. None of us were aware of it DAMN!!

BTW what car you own brother?? What future plans? In my case I cancelled all my plans of aiming for a higher class car and now concidering of purchasing an unregd 49cc moped and helping the falling economy (thanks to your post mate )!! :sarcastic_hand:

My friend.......this weed youre on is not from this planet is it? Cause even if someones was stoned off his arse

he wouldn't make a statement like that.

It's people like you who fuel these morons in the government to keep doing what they do.........

Well said Mazdaspeed............couldn't have said it better myself.

boys boys calm down. i'm not sure weather weed was taking the piss or he really meant it. from what i see the country has already gone to the dogs 'IF' increasing taxes is the only way to generate more revenue its a far better option than to print money and depreciate the rupee further.

do not get me wrong, i'm not encouraging a tax hike but realistically i fail to grasp the possibility of a minimized cabinet or reduction in corruption. therefore i would rather settle for the lesser of the two evils.

boys boys calm down. i'm not sure weather weed was taking the piss or he really meant it. from what i see the country has already gone to the dogs 'IF' increasing taxes is the only way to generate more revenue its a far better option than to print money and depreciate the rupee further.

do not get me wrong, i'm not encouraging a tax hike but realistically i fail to grasp the possibility of a minimized cabinet or reduction in corruption. therefore i would rather settle for the lesser of the two evils.

Machan, If so first of all politicos have pay taxes. isn't it? Y not the government workers?

They get all the tax releases? What for?

Machan, If so first of all politicos have pay taxes. isn't it? Y not the government workers?

They get all the tax releases? What for?

There are good public servants and then there are the corrupt type (like the good and the bad in the world) My example is my father who was a teacher in government service and he never earned money the wrong way, he was happy with what he got. But take the rest the RMV, Customs and all. I really do believe that they make more money than most of us here on AL through corruption. (I'm not talking only about the higher people but also the guys in the peons rank) you guys know what I mean.

I say people like that should be taxed not the average man only who becos he couldnt get in2 gov service because of corruption and all joins a private company and have to pay loads of tax via income tax, taxes on bank accounts and other forms when the governmnet servents are given tax holidays and all. For example take the season given to government servents 2 travel by train or bus. You can travel for 4 mnonths on that season value whilst the rest like us have to pay the same amount for a month.

Then there are the politicos, these guys should be taxed not the people who always suffer.

There are good public servants and then there are the corrupt type (like the good and the bad in the world) My example is my father who was a teacher in government service and he never earned money the wrong way, he was happy with what he got. But take the rest the RMV, Customs and all. I really do believe that they make more money than most of us here on AL through corruption. (I'm not talking only about the higher people but also the guys in the peons rank) you guys know what I mean.

I say people like that should be taxed not the average man only who becos he couldnt get in2 gov service because of corruption and all joins a private company and have to pay loads of tax via income tax, taxes on bank accounts and other forms when the governmnet servents are given tax holidays and all. For example take the season given to government servents 2 travel by train or bus. You can travel for 4 mnonths on that season value whilst the rest like us have to pay the same amount for a month.

Then there are the politicos, these guys should be taxed not the people who always suffer.

What can I say.... Very well said.

hi,

becuase of mihin air now we can fly to bangkok for 21300 and fyi srilankan airlines is 38,000 so is thai. its people's money to people. this airline is a blessing with lot of low budget flights

hi,

becuase of mihin air now we can fly to bangkok for 21300 and fyi srilankan airlines is 38,000 so is thai. its people's money to people. this airline is a blessing with lot of low budget flights

Due to great demand for low budget flying Im sure Mihin Air has now made Billion bucks in profits and about to give dividends back to PPL who were forced to invested their life long savings in EPF+ETF funds in this venture.

Edited by milinda