• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

When you wanted to be an suv,but mama said be a van…

fiat fan

Posted (edited)
On 8/17/2024 at 9:41 PM, iRage said:

The high roof ladder is the nicer one due to its beefiness. But since you are going with a complete manufacturer-spec look, it might seem a bit off place. But then, I wouldn't be surprised if dealers installed the high roof ladder on the low roof.

Having said that...the installation of the ladder is totally wrong on your vehicle. The ladder should be more towards the middle where both top mounts are at the same level. Right now, the left side mount on top in lying on the slightly raised part of the roof line with the right-side mount on the lowered part of the roof shape. Both mounts should be at the same roof level point. It might be because they used the wrong type of mount (i.e., they didn't have the low roof ladder mounts), so they had to improvise. The result seems to be:

a. top mounting brackets just seem twisted and stuck on by a high schooler.

b. the ladder seems to be twisted at the bottom and seems to be too close to the over-rider on the rear bumper (probably why the side has been hit in).

c. when the ladder is too much on to the side it increases the blind spot around the D-pillar. This happens because there is no see-through gap between the outter edge of the ladder and the metal surround of the rear glass.

Also...if the ladder is not properly mounted this may impact the mounting and clearance for the rear spoiler.

So...yeah...I might have kept the high-roof ladder but totally reinstalled it.

Exactly what I was thinking. It does look nice and chunky. Lmao

Correct again, the dealers apparently went all-in on installing these ladders to the flat roof gang. Plus these Terzo ladders were more desirable than the manufacturer item according to a few Delica nuts. You can actually see a-lot of these on flat roofs globally.

😅😅

Fitment and placement is crap I agree. I actually had it removed after taking that picture and had it reinstalled just yesterday.

IMG_2728.thumb.jpeg.15e281a15e6e2fb0c136bf434cceaa8b.jpeg
still misaligned. I put it up hours before your reply. I did no research and just got a guy to go-ahead. Google also pointed that mine needs to be more centered. Will get on it asap.

18 hours ago, john cooper said:

Confirming the P25, 35 or 45 none of them came with coil sprung rear suspension.

The Star Wagon that I was referred to as original was a conversion.

I do apologize for the mistake!

Regards,

JC

Thanks for the confirmation bro. Appreciate it!

No problem. Easy mistake to make because info is vague on these sometimes.

Edited by fiat fan
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, iRage said:

Now this can actually be a thing for a group. I fear to imagine what the HIGH roof gang is up to :D 

lol 🍃🍀 

Actually the US has a strong Delica culture. (They seem to import every last one from Japan. Still cheaper than Sri Lanka even after them jumping all those hoops sadly/oddly)

Most of these US owners are into grass smoking and getting high roofed 😅 They also prefer the high roof 🤔

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

So got the lower and upper arm bushes changed.
Real PITA to find parts like these. 4WD parts are rare and priced gouged it seems. Luckily Hyundai H100 shares a-lot of parts with Delica’s. So went that route.

Also a bunch of other small bushes and rubbers on the arms were changed. Got the wheels aligned and drives much better.

Ball joints were ok at time of repair- but not anymore. So that’s something needs fixing. 

OEM/Genuine parts are almost nonexistent and even the dupes are pricey. Who tf says japs are easy and cheap to maintain!? Only the buyya fellas it seems.

Also changed an alternator belt that was squealing. All the other belts are fine.

Took a drive to UK 😅 and met-up @AVANTE for a quick chat! 

IMG_2975.thumb.jpeg.2ce64239fb9a56300d9d2ca1863705b7.jpeg

Two very interesting pieces of transportation indeed!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, fiat fan said:

OEM/Genuine parts are almost nonexistent and even the dupes are pricey. Who tf says japs are easy and cheap to maintain!? Only the buyya fellas it seems.

I agree even the so called Toyota parts are sometimes not easy to come by.

8 hours ago, fiat fan said:

Who tf says japs are easy and cheap to maintain!? Only the buyya fellas it seems.

The buyyas and the ones who don't mind (or doesn't know better) using cheap, substandard parts. In Japan the genuine parts are priced the same as any other part, only a few are actually cheaper. In Sri Lanka, thanks to low market share, people willing to buy duplicates and substandard parts and the opportunistic behavior of the agents make genuine ones cost an arm and a leg with the promise of a kidney donation.