• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Some Advice Pls

ferrarif50

Hi All....

this happened to me last saturday evening when im coming back from F**** P*** motorshow... there were 2 cops near royal and they stopped me. then i asked why they stop me. one checked my licence and other one was checking my front glasses and windsceen. there is a lite tint on front glasses which came originaly. also my windscreen has a tint which also came originally. the cop said i should have a letter from RMV saing windsceen is originally tinted or otherwise i have to remove it. they were ok with the front glasses. can somebody give some advice on this pls ????

thanx

f50

we have the front tint on the windscreen on both cars but no issues.. i dont think it is a issue.

- look around there are many many vehicles having the windscreen tints, but there mite be a limit of length then..

but there mite be a limit of length then..

yup i think there is a limit..if the tint is only a strip on the top part of the windscreen i doubt there is a prob....but if its on the whole windscreen i think theres a limit due to visibility issues specialy in night driving instances..

Yala

Almost all cars have a slight tint on the windscreen to cut glare. Don't believe these corrupt cops. I bet there were trying to get a bribe from you.

I agree with MM. Our cops always find something to make a quick buck. But there is a limitation in order to maximize the internal visibility. You can challenge them to prove with acceptable stats. But make sure you are in safe hands.

Or ask cops to :angry-smiley-048:

Report-

Sri Lanka Bribery and Corruption Commission received 1416 complaints on bribery and 490 complaints on corruption last year.

The number of complaints against the police officials are also on the rise, says the Director of the commission.

Read following article

http://www.colombopage.com/archive_07/Sept...23140902SL.html

Hi All....

this happened to me last saturday evening when im coming back from F**** P*** motorshow... there were 2 cops near royal and they stopped me. then i asked why they stop me. one checked my licence and other one was checking my front glasses and windsceen. there is a lite tint on front glasses which came originaly. also my windscreen has a tint which also came originally. the cop said i should have a letter from RMV saing windsceen is originally tinted or otherwise i have to remove it. they were ok with the front glasses. can somebody give some advice on this pls ????

thanx

f50

Ferrari, do not back down to cops like this, I know it wastes a lot of valuable time, but if they pull the same sort of stunt again, ask them to check the branding on the windscreens which would say toyota, and ask them to check the winscreen to check there actually no tint on it, and since both facts are true, the tint is obviously original.

and also tell them that the RMV cannot determine if a vehicle has original tints or not, that is done by a seperate department called the government analyst department which have better things to do. Just tell them if they do not have anything more than their hunch about this matter, not to waste your time, and the governments time on obviously pointless issues.

If they still do not back down, tell them to take you to courts, and after you are proven innocent those 2 can also like to entertain a judge for wasting the courts time and for making false allegations without good cause.

basically the clean and unambigous mention of the law should probably disperse of most crooked cops, but you need to put these things accross politely because what you do not want is a shouting match. You just want them to know you are supremely confident about your position.

The Don

Ferrari, do not back down to cops like this, I know it wastes a lot of valuable time, but if they pull the same sort of stunt again, ask them to check the branding on the windscreens which would say toyota, and ask them to check the winscreen to check there actually no tint on it, and since both facts are true, the tint is obviously original.

and also tell them that the RMV cannot determine if a vehicle has original tints or not, that is done by a seperate department called the government analyst department which have better things to do. Just tell them if they do not have anything more than their hunch about this matter, not to waste your time, and the governments time on obviously pointless issues.

If they still do not back down, tell them to take you to courts, and after you are proven innocent those 2 can also like to entertain a judge for wasting the courts time and for making false allegations without good cause.

basically the clean and unambigous mention of the law should probably disperse of most crooked cops, but you need to put these things accross politely because what you do not want is a shouting match. You just want them to know you are supremely confident about your position.

The Don

+1 on that!

There's usually two little lines on both sides of the windshield about 4-6" from the top that's provided by the manufacturer that shows the limits to where a tint can be applied and that's usually respected by every country ... except ofcourse SL where the cops make their own rules when they feel like it.

Did they give a ticket for it? what's the next step? Would like to know pls.

The Don

thanks don and all,

the thing is the windscreen is not partially tinted. its a light brown tint and u can see it only from outside. its only to cut glare i think.

they didnt gave a ticket, but took down vehicle number and my name, licance number.

btw, how many of u carring vehicle book with u??? bcz they were asking for vehicle book...

down vehicle number and my name, licance number.

btw, how many of u carring vehicle book with u??? bcz they were asking for vehicle book...

vehicle book - that's a first..... ask them if they can help if the car gets stolen... U are practically giving away the car then.

Ya DON -

Looks like these goons are trying all sorts to do a quick one...

It would be good if we can have a link with the current law been described for such events ( naturally by a lawyer or some one of authority) for such events as drunk driving, tint etc…