• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Side Mirror

Pabasara

Hi guys

I got a cracked mirror in my Allion (2004). I couldn’t find a suitable mirror for that. It costs around 17k for the whole unit.

Does any one know a good place to get the mirror only?

Now im considering getting it cut and put, cos it has that heating part. I found one mirror but it didn’t have the heating part.

What do u guys think? And do u know any good place for that?

I hv faced the same prob..& sorted from 750 bucks ( both mirros of a mirage )

there are few places near maradana railway station..towards panchikawatte..( under the brij ).

but be carefull..they r little crafty ppl..never park ur vehicle there & ask the prices..they'll go for 2500/= sometimes.

park somewhere else or just remove remaining part of ur sidemirror & go ..

There's a old fellow his work is good & cheap.. :angry-smiley-048:

goodluck

the cut mirrors are never as good as the original but still a damn good alternative...specially at the rate mirrors go in SL

there is a decent place in dehiwela as well, near the waidya road petrol shed on the sea side. cheap and good work.

the cut mirrors are never as good as the original but still a damn good alternative...specially at the rate mirrors go in SL

there is a decent place in dehiwela as well, near the waidya road petrol shed on the sea side. cheap and good work.

also on hill street... coming from Dehiwela you gotta pass karagampitiya junc and the place is on the right...

Hi Fuzzo,

My mothers car has another issue besides the cracked glass- It’s a power retractable mirror but now it does not work. U can tilt it L to R & Up to down but cant fold them in. Can those guys fix that as well.

Else is there any other joint u would know of who can take a look.

Thanks in advance

Hi Mazda,

those bods claim to be able to repair power mirrors mechanisms as well, the one i used is on mcallum road (I think) or when you turn to the left on the round about (which takes you to lake house) at the juntion, a few guys there on the ground floor

depending on the popularity of your car you might be able to get a replacement mirror for about 1500 if you are lucky

the replacement mirrors are not bad in my opinion, i hardly noticed a difference,

The Don

i want the details. could you please mail me to: [email protected]

thanks a lot fuzzo!

Hi Fuzzo,

My mothers car has another issue besides the cracked glass- It's a power retractable mirror but now it does not work. U can tilt it L to R & Up to down but cant fold them in. Can those guys fix that as well.

Else is there any other joint u would know of who can take a look.

Thanks in advance

If thats an electrical issue and ur asking Fuzzo coz of the Dehiwela thing, you wanna try Nishantha in Karagampitiya. On Zoo road between the busstand and the zoo, on ur left as you go towards the zoo. Small joint, but good work. There is more than one AL member to have said good things about the dude.

If thats an electrical issue and ur asking Fuzzo coz of the Dehiwela thing, you wanna try Nishantha in Karagampitiya. On Zoo road between the busstand and the zoo, on ur left as you go towards the zoo. Small joint, but good work. There is more than one AL member to have said good things about the dude.

i know him too! he is very gud guy! and reasonable.. knows his work well!!!

Thanks every one. :D

I shall be checking them out during this weekend. Big help you guys have been - if not I would have had to go from shop to shop on highlevel road asking if they have it. I generally try US first and they did'nt have it in stock

Hence big help guys.

Cheers

I went to that dehiwela joint today to fix a cracked glass…the guy did a pretty good job. According to him there are diff types of glasses Rs.40/= normal, 400/= Chinese and 750/= which is close to original.

I told the fellow that his place was recommended in internet website…and he was pretty impressed :)

His name is Mohomed – 072 4305082