• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car with Comfort and less Vibrations

caesarprime

Question

Hi Guys,

I am thinking about going for a new Car with comfort and Less Internal vibrations even at 80-110Kmph. Looks like our family is getting extended and I am gradually becoming responsible about small matters.

I have ridden a M6 '14, WagonR, BJ5P and even an Indian Alto(Which I use now). The budget would be very much limited (So no M6 again). But I am keen on going for a reliable vehicle, as family matters most.

Hope to see your suggestions. I look mainly about Less Vibrations, Internal comfort, and Easiness in Maintenance.

7 answers to this question

Well...without knowing your budget it is hard to say anything.

Basically, you want a car with less road fatigue. Believe it or not, this is where vehicle weight actually comes into play. Suspension systems in even smaller cars try to do exactly what weight would do naturally: create enough down force to minimize micro-vibrations and keep the body composed to minimize sway due to cross winds (along with the usual dampening noise, etc.).

Forget about hatchbacks. Cars like the Wagon R...in a short drive you may feel it is nice and comfortable, however it is far from it when you start doing some decent distance...you will feel the vibrations and the body will sway even if a Hiace passes by you real fast.

So that leaves you with sedans, wagons and crossovers. Unless they are modern newer models you are not going to find much in terms of on-road comfort and refinement with old crossovers and wagons. So now you are looking at sedans. The larger it is the better. Cars in the segment of the Corolla/Sunny are possible candidates but considering how these cars have lived you are not going ot find one in good condition where the ride refinement is anywhere close to where it was (even if you do..you should be looking at the likes of SE Limited and Super Saloon sort of grades). Ideally something like a T200 series Corona/Carina or the type of Bluebird or Galant of the same era might fit the bill. Following the sedans, you are looking at cars like ACTUAL Wingroads, Avanir, Libero and Corolla wagons. After which, obviously, the usual crossovers like the CRV, RAV4, and XTrail. If comfort is your thing CR-V would be #1, X trail and then RAV4.

20 hours ago, sathyajithj99 said:

There are a few 1st gen specimens for sale, but the condition is questionable though.

Saw a Lexus variant a few months ago. Apparently a UK import. The leather seats looked like a bunch of Tigers had an orgy (at least the owner didn't put covers and try to hide it).

• Haha 1

On 10/11/2024 at 9:44 AM, iRage said:

Well...without knowing your budget it is hard to say anything.

Basically, you want a car with less road fatigue. Believe it or not, this is where vehicle weight actually comes into play. Suspension systems in even smaller cars try to do exactly what weight would do naturally: create enough down force to minimize micro-vibrations and keep the body composed to minimize sway due to cross winds (along with the usual dampening noise, etc.).

Forget about hatchbacks. Cars like the Wagon R...in a short drive you may feel it is nice and comfortable, however it is far from it when you start doing some decent distance...you will feel the vibrations and the body will sway even if a Hiace passes by you real fast.

So that leaves you with sedans, wagons and crossovers. Unless they are modern newer models you are not going to find much in terms of on-road comfort and refinement with old crossovers and wagons. So now you are looking at sedans. The larger it is the better. Cars in the segment of the Corolla/Sunny are possible candidates but considering how these cars have lived you are not going ot find one in good condition where the ride refinement is anywhere close to where it was (even if you do..you should be looking at the likes of SE Limited and Super Saloon sort of grades). Ideally something like a T200 series Corona/Carina or the type of Bluebird or Galant of the same era might fit the bill. Following the sedans, you are looking at cars like ACTUAL Wingroads, Avanir, Libero and Corolla wagons. After which, obviously, the usual crossovers like the CRV, RAV4, and XTrail. If comfort is your thing CR-V would be #1, X trail and then RAV4.

If you compare x-trail and Chr in terms of comfort what is leading?

Thanks.

14 minutes ago, Nuwan2806 said:

If you compare x-trail and Chr in terms of comfort what is leading?

Thanks.

Depends on your definition of comfort. I was referring to the 1st generation XTrail. Compared to the 1st gen X-Trail The CH-R being a much newer car has newer suspension tech in it so the ride is smoother. However, the cabin design in the C-HR and the smaller interior make it feel dark and claustrophobic inside the car. The X-Trail on the other hand being much roomier with larger windows and Nissan seats are much comfier and feels nice and airy.

If you are looking at newer models of the XTrail with the CHR then personally I find the XTrail much nicer.

Comfort is a personal preference. Trying to figure out if A is better than B in these categories of cars would be totally up to you. So go test drive a few and see what you like