• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

List 3 Cars For Each Decade

GTAm

MA what is the Capri Mk 1 facelift? Not the Mk2 right? And you mean the BMW E36 M3 I guess? May I know what made you choose that car?

Nothing monumental - just the 4 round headlamps being substituted for a rectangular pair (or was it the other way around... :unsure: )- there may have been some mild changes to the proportions of the bonnet bulge and front bumper..

There is also some speculation regarding the availability of the vinyl on the hood..

Other changes were some trim and seat variances and upgraded engines & suspension on the RS versions..

THATS a rather suprising choice GTam..... may i ask why? I've always liked the GTC4.... essentially almost a 4 seat daytona.... it looks pretty as well, apart from the black plastic in front....

Well I them in the metal and to my eyes it looked pretty bad compared with the rest of the prancing horses around there.

Nothing monumental - just the 4 round headlamps being substituted for a rectangular pair (or was it the other way around... :unsure: )- ..

Capri Mk 1 facelift is with rectangular lights and large tail lights.Engine is also replaced with Pinto engine.

MINIACE

Here is a great looking Mk 1 facelift!

capripp7.jpg

MINIACE

Hmmm... Used to something very similar to this on the way to work everyday at a garage. With a For Sale sign on it too. Guess it must have slod, since its not there anymore. Red/Orange sorta color, if I remember right.

• 2 weeks later...
Its Mk1 facelift!

Yes its Z3 of E36 platform not M3! Z3 is a great car!

MINIACE

Sorry Miniace but I really don't like the Z3's looks. Wasn't it the first Chris Bangle designed BMW? I'm a James Bond fan and he drove one :o in Goldeneye and that is the lowest point in Bond history IMHO. They could have at least chosen M-Coupe which is a lot more interesting.

I've not driven one though so you may have a better reason than mine.

I think the Z3 was a mix of E36 and E30. It had the Z-axle at the back to keeps costs low. Am I right? The E36 rear system is more sophisticated.

Sorry Miniace but I really don't like the Z3's looks. Wasn't it the first Chris Bangle designed BMW? I'm a James Bond fan and he drove one :o in Goldeneye and that is the lowest point in Bond history IMHO. They could have at least chosen M-Coupe which is a lot more interesting.

I've not driven one though so you may have a better reason than mine.

I think the Z3 was a mix of E36 and E30. It had the Z-axle at the back to keeps costs low. Am I right? The E36 rear system is more sophisticated.

Well Goldeneye came out in 1995, at that point in time the Z3 was just being launched and the M Coupe probably still an idea (launched in 1998 if im not mistaken)

AFAIK the Z3 was based on the E36 3 Series Compact, which had the front end of an E36 and the Back of an E30.....

by the way, Wasnt the "Z-Axle" Rear end the more expensive and complicated setup that was used in the E36? If memory serves correctly I believe the E30 made do with a trailing Arm setup, which in turn was fitted to the E36 Compact for cost reasons, and therefore the Z3....

Well Goldeneye came out in 1995, at that point in time the Z3 was just being launched and the M Coupe probably still an idea (launched in 1998 if im not mistaken)

AFAIK the Z3 was based on the E36 3 Series Compact, which had the front end of an E36 and the Back of an E30.....

by the way, Wasnt the "Z-Axle" Rear end the more expensive and complicated setup that was used in the E36? If memory serves correctly I believe the E30 made do with a trailing Arm setup, which in turn was fitted to the E36 Compact for cost reasons, and therefore the Z3....

Yes true. But the Z3 was hardly the car for a super spy who used a AM DB s of all sorts before eh? Should have given him even the concept M-coupe.

Supra you're dead right about the E36 compact. I had forgotten this car completely :D And I think I'm mixing up the new Mini with the Z3. The Mini has the Z-axle right?

So did the Z3 have a trailing arm at the rear? I remember some sort of cost compromise.

Yes true. But the Z3 was hardly the car for a super spy who used a AM DB s of all sorts before eh? Should have given him even the concept M-coupe.

Supra you're dead right about the E36 compact. I had forgotten this car completely :D And I think I'm mixing up the new Mini with the Z3. The Mini has the Z-axle right?

So did the Z3 have a trailing arm at the rear? I remember some sort of cost compromise.

I agree.... Personally I feel that going BMW was a collective low point in 007 history.... In '95 Aston had the Twin Supercharged Vantage available, they really should have used that, still glad to see things are now back to normal....

Z3 apparently shared the compact platform, which meant it had the E30's rear end as well....

Im not too sure, but i think you're right about the Mini having the Z Axle back end....

I agree.... Personally I feel that going BMW was a collective low point in 007 history.... In '95 Aston had the Twin Supercharged Vantage available, they really should have used that, still glad to see things are now back to normal....

I remember........ BMW threw in cash to get their cars cast, while Aston asked the movie company for money to let them use an Aston. That was when Aston were making a few hundred cars a year, before the Ford takeover.