• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pulling Issue

Dilannonline

Question

Hi Guys,

I hv a Nissan Sunny FB 14. But from about a month nw i feel that cars pulling power is not much as previous. And the petrol consumption is now little higher than the previouse. (may be since i accelarate nw more to get the speed since pulling is low). Car is a Automatig gear one. But when i swith off da A/C car pulls as normall. Guys wt can be da issue ? :(

Ok you keep your way I will keep my way.

found a K&N filter for my sprinter on ebay... here's the link

http://#######/2q66jg

a seller by the name of "MIKES PERFORMANCE CENTER"

the guy ships international so fired a mail asking for the shipping costs to SL ...the cheapest :)

btw. the filter costs 35 US dollars

How performance?

nope... i haven't bought it...just wanted to get a check on the shipping rates thingy...

got a sprinter because i was after economy and resale value etc... and i honestly don't believe that just by putting on a free flowing air filter alone will get me the boost most guys are expecting out of it...so no K&N for me... :)

I replace my stock air filter every oil change... guess that's enough to keep her running the way she was designed to run :)

nope... i haven't bought it...just wanted to get a check on the shipping rates thingy...

got a sprinter because i was after economy and resale value etc... and i honestly don't believe that just by putting on a free flowing air filter alone will get me the boost most guys are expecting out of it...so no K&N for me... :)

I replace my stock air filter every oil change... guess that's enough to keep her running the way she was designed to run :)

I thought that. I also don’t like to change factory settings of my car. But K&N has a difference.

I know this is OT, but any plans of going for something a bit, well Different?

Sad mate your expanation is way off reality.

USPS rates are very much higher than stated(im getting USPS services very often).The priority mail flat rate box (the cheapest service to SL) price is for an average price filter is above $37.The average express mail is above $63 above.This is in addition to the handling+VAT+customs+Stamp duty.Lets not forget the purchase price and US handlers misc charges.

You can use the USPS handy calculation for SL postages and realize the truth.

http://www.usps.com/tools/calculatepostage/

MINIACE

Hi Mini,

Can get it down for cheaper from the US though the difference is very small. The cheapest service is round $15.00 but takes about a month to arrive. and yes you might have to pay VAT and customs duty once it arrives.

And people have to remember just because its brought from the US or Europe does not mean its original, so people need to be careful,

Regards,

The Don

I know this is OT, but any plans of going for something a bit, well Different?

yep...next one won't be a 141 or an Allion for sure :)

this is my first set of 4 wheels after upgrading from bikes...so had to play it safe until i get the hang of car ownership :)

Don

can't agree with you more on the originality of products from USA and even UK :)

Got burnt twice on ebay like that... :)

once bought a fishing reel that's supposedly by a US company, shipped from USA but made in china and absolutely crap in build quality...

Got a big game fishing rod from UK that broke in it's second outing after hooking onto a mere 6killo fish...supposed to be 50lbs class :angry-smiley-048:

learned my lesson so now i specifically ask seller about product origins etc before committing to bidding/buying

yep...next one won't be a 141 or an Allion for sure :)

this is my first set of 4 wheels after upgrading from bikes...so had to play it safe until i get the hang of car ownership :)

Don

can't agree with you more on the originality of products from USA and even UK :)

Got burnt twice on ebay like that... :)

once bought a fishing reel that's supposedly by a US company, shipped from USA but made in china and absolutely crap in build quality...

Got a big game fishing rod from UK that broke in it's second outing after hooking onto a mere 6killo fish...supposed to be 50lbs class :angry-smiley-048:

learned my lesson so now i specifically ask seller about product origins etc before committing to bidding/buying

I hear ya.... always best to play it safe with No 1..... saw you inquiring on the Alfa thread?? idea perhaps? :)

I thought that. I also don’t like to change factory settings of my car. But K&N has a difference.

hey, you drive an ae100 right? you may have felt the same if you did a good tune up, changed plugs, filters etc i doubt there would be a noticeable difference between doing those basics right and using k & N.

hey, you drive an ae100 right? you may have felt the same if you did a good tune up, changed plugs, filters etc i doubt there would be a noticeable difference between doing those basics right and using k & N.

he drives a 110 i believe...

i got a 100 sprinter... try to take care of it to the best i can and despite being an older corolla it still can leave quite a few of those "popular" makes of the same era in the dust :lol:

he drives a 110 i believe...

i got a 100 sprinter... try to take care of it to the best i can and despite being an older corolla it still can leave quite a few of those "popular" makes of the same era in the dust :lol:

one of these "popular" makes no doubt starts with an H and ends with an A right? :D

Hi Mini,

Can get it down for cheaper from the US though the difference is very small. The cheapest service is round $15.00 but takes about a month to arrive. and yes you might have to pay VAT and customs duty once it arrives.

And people have to remember just because its brought from the US or Europe does not mean its original, so people need to be careful,

Regards,

The Don

Yes mate but thats the average USPS quote.There are other companies provide cheaper services I learned.Whats final is adding all expenses to the risk factor ,buying locally with a warrenty is thousand times practical and double cheap!

MINIACE

Yes mate but thats the average USPS quote.There are other companies provide cheaper services I learned.Whats final is adding all expenses to the risk factor ,buying locally with a warrenty is thousand times practical and double cheap!

MINIACE

the ebay seller got back to me with his quote

"$24.00 priority mail 6-10 days with tracking and insurance plus the filter price"

but i agree with MiniAce

if you can source it locally even at a slight premium i would always opt to that for many practical reasons.

you can see and feel the product yourself, no shipping related stress like delays and things going missing etc etc

I mostly buy online if i can't source it locally or i get it at an amazing price that's worth risking all the above mentioned points :)

Since we talking getting down stuff through net (eBay). wanna to add my input as well. I've registered on eBay in 2006 and got some stuff delivered. there are so many fakes around on eBay as well, once i got fake bluetooth headset saying it's original. I've got some LED alternatives for Dashboard bulbs too. since its got some life in it (LEDs) thought of replacing normal bulbs with White LEDs. (Now it looks superb on my Corolla 122) for normal stuff like Memory cards and etc.. it arrives in normal Letters (Inside a bubble pack) they ddnt got charged for any duty (So far).

Since we talking getting down stuff through net (eBay). wanna to add my input as well. I've registered on eBay in 2006 and got some stuff delivered. there are so many fakes around on eBay as well, once i got fake bluetooth headset saying it's original. I've got some LED alternatives for Dashboard bulbs too. since its got some life in it (LEDs) thought of replacing normal bulbs with White LEDs. (Now it looks superb on my Corolla 122) for normal stuff like Memory cards and etc.. it arrives in normal Letters (Inside a bubble pack) they ddnt got charged for any duty (So far).

sometime the trick is not to insure your stuff... if it's insured even if it's a relatively small/light package sl customs folks detain it and send you a letter to come and pick it up from them which is a PITA and involves taxes etc :)

careful when you buy lights and stuff on ebay cos most of them are fakes... unless the seller has 100% feedback and thousands of good ratings under them, keep away :)

sometime the trick is not to insure your stuff... if it's insured even if it's a relatively small/light package sl customs folks detain it and send you a letter to come and pick it up from them which is a PITA and involves taxes etc :)

careful when you buy lights and stuff on ebay cos most of them are fakes... unless the seller has 100% feedback and thousands of good ratings under them, keep away :)

True, most of the time i instruct the seller to put the item in a normal letter rather than in a bulk package. last time i herd one of friend got a Bluetooth device from a friend (Free Gift) bugger has forgot to remove the huge package. finally he has to pay some 3000/- for his free gift. :angry-smiley-024: