• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Ek3 Vtec Lpgas Conversion Experiance

manusha

thanks for all the info and advices...

at the moment i got two other cars, both EFI petrol toyota's converted to LPG and runs fine without any problem.

as far as i know, gas is better to engine than petrol.

i have no trouble setting the idle @ 500 in gas.

as someone have said already, for proper running we have to advance the Engine to run in gas, which degrades performance in petrol.

and my initial question was:

DOES LP CONVERSION HAS BAD EFFECTS ON ENGINES WITH VTEC. I JUST WANNA SEE WHETHER THERE IS ANY SPECIFIC PROBLEMS FOR ENGINES WITH VTEC. AND IM SPECIFICALLY ASKING FOR EXPERIENCES.

Buddy, you've answered your own question there. If you have to advance your engine to run properly on LPG, then naturally you run the risk of igniting the fuel air mixture before your valves are fully shut, thereby frying your valves and valve seats. Add into the equation a valve-train which varies it's own timing based on engine speed and load........... and possibly an ECU which assumes that everything it's controlling is as per stock standard spec....... you should be able to figure out the rest...

Buddy, you've answered your own question there. If you have to advance your engine to run properly on LPG, then naturally you run the risk of igniting the fuel air mixture before your valves are fully shut, thereby frying your valves and valve seats. Add into the equation a valve-train which varies it's own timing based on engine speed and load........... and possibly an ECU which assumes that everything it's controlling is as per stock standard spec....... you should be able to figure out the rest...

>> Buddy, you've answered your own question there. If you have to advance your engine to run properly on LPG, then naturally you run the risk of igniting the fuel air mixture before your valves are fully shut

i dont think so b'cuz both valves are closed from the start of the compression stroke till the end of the power stroke.

so any small adjustment in ignition time or valve open/close time might not interfere with the ignition

>> Buddy, you've answered your own question there. If you have to advance your engine to run properly on LPG, then naturally you run the risk of igniting the fuel air mixture before your valves are fully shut

i dont think so b'cuz both valves are closed from the start of the compression stroke till the end of the power stroke.

so any small adjustment in ignition time or valve open/close time might not interfere with the ignition

with all due respect Mr Engineer, people here on the forums have now given their considered opinion on the matter and the general consensus appears to be that Converting a Honda Vtec to LPG is not a very good idea due to a variety of factors, another point that is becoming evident is that No one who runs/has run an LPG converted Vtec appears to be on this forum, which might give you another hint....

Since you appear to have rebuttals (some not very polite I might add) to every opinion expressed thus far, and also seem to have convinced yourself that this conversion is a good idea, Then i suppose it makes sense to go ahead and carry out the conversion..... after all as you've said its Your Car and Your Petrol/Gas

then in all honesty you'd be be better off selling the ek3 and buying a toyota, as several people have pointed out on this thread, honda engines arent really suited to LPG conversions

Like Supra said - Pls get rid of the EK3 to some 1 who deserves it....stick to a toyota if petrol is tht much of an issue

Sorry had to put it out -

is't that bullshit? try to understand what i have asked for? if you cant understand my question, dont argue on it.

(as a reminder here is my question - any experiences from vtec owners on good or bad side effects on lp conversion.).

well, although you may know a lot more than how engines work, you seem to be lacking in basic comprehension of grammer, cos racersedge has stated that he's removed ower a dozen units (and comming from him, it'd have to be from hondas).

it might be that i was so unlucky for the past 15 years to not to see a one good/logical mechanic.. however those mechanics i know are better than those "HONDA mechanics"..

trust me, you have absolutely NO idea what your talking about. If you even remotely appeared to be someone who was genuinely looking for help, We would have certainly directed you to them. Now i'm not gonna waste my time.

You seem to have already made up your mind. Why do you insist on finding people who agree with you? Just do whatever you want. But if possible, pls be kind enough to mention you vehicle number, so we can tell people to stay well away from it when you decide to sell it with fried valves and sensors.

P.S - I hear mugen and hondata have developed a new ecu for sri lankan LPG converted vtecs.... Maybe your mech's have heard about them. ;-)

if i was rude to any one in this forum, im sorry, it was un-intentional.

BTW only thing i said was, "i dont listen to mechanic's talks, bcuz they are mostly bullshit." and i know that for a fact..

i dont know why ppl say that statement is rude.. im just expressing my opinion...

BTW these links some information about the facts..

http://groups.google.lk/group/uk.rec.cars....d1367fda3980e66

http://www.oztion.com.au/-LPG---Flashlube-...on/2278784.aspx

any of those "HONDA experts" failed to at least mention something like that...

if i was rude to any one in this forum, im sorry, it was un-intentional.

BTW only thing i said was, "i dont listen to mechanic's talks, bcuz they are mostly bullshit." and i know that for a fact..

i dont know why ppl say that statement is rude.. im just expressing my opinion...

BTW these links some information about the facts..

http://groups.google.lk/group/uk.rec.cars....d1367fda3980e66

http://www.oztion.com.au/-LPG---Flashlube-...on/2278784.aspx

any of those "HONDA experts" failed to at least mention something like that...

look mate, the product in the link is supposed to lubticate the valves. the people here told you the valves would dry out. Just cos you can't put 2 and 2 together, don't think nobody here tried to help you.

look mate, the product in the link is supposed to lubticate the valves. the people here told you the valves would dry out. Just cos you can't put 2 and 2 together, don't think nobody here tried to help you.

drop it ARC bro..no point of wasting the time trying to explain him what the real case is. From all his posts it quite clear that he is so looking forward to go ahead with the conversion...even i have come across several converted(gas) VTEC s and the performance of all of them were rubbish...however at the end of the day its his car that is gonna get ruined..

lets just let him go ahead with his great LPG conversion and keep lubricating his valves... :rolleyes:...which is something that we really don't have to worry about since we use petrol.. :D

drop it ARC bro..no point of wasting the time trying to explain him what the real case is. From all his posts it quite clear that he is so looking forward to go ahead with the conversion...even i have come across several converted(gas) VTEC s and the performance of all of them were rubbish...however at the end of the day its his car that is gonna get ruined..

lets just let him go ahead with his great LPG conversion and keep lubricating his valves... :rolleyes:...which is something that we really don't have to worry about since we use petrol.. :D

better late than never mate :)

was entertaining while it lasted though :) :)