• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Whats Da Best Engine

GuruG

While you'r drivin have u ever thought of counting the number of civ*ics(riced) on the road n the precentage of them who thinks that they drive a F1. I think its arround 99%. Its irritating when they tailgate u n u cant do anything other tan :violent-smiley-030: about that specially when you have a ur baby(infant) :lol: in da ride. Some just don't know when to give up.

I Wonder y everybody thinks that Civi*cs r gr8 cars with gr8 engines(enligten me). I have an BGFS Inter*play Hatchback and the B5 engine is awsome. Only few ppl know the value of this car (other than me n my tuner). I'm sure(been there done that) inter*play will beat ci*vic (without any modifications).

But when it comes modifying(performance) there's lots of places for Homos :angry-smiley-048: sry civ*ics. For my Inter*play I still couldn't find a place.

O.k. guys I want to know What you think is the best with knowlegde n experience.

Both the engines r 1.5L that came with 90-95 models (where most riced civics n interplays r produced).

Interesting topic GuruG.

I had an Interplay and I was quite sure it had been chipped by the previous owner. I met a friend of the previous owner who said that his friend had chipped the car. I bought if from a used car vendor. It sure did not feel like just 110bhp I was very quick in the mid range and I could overtake most cars with ease.

Generally Honda makes some of the best engines around. Mazda does not have that reputation even if often as a total package the slightly Mazda is the better car. However I believe the suspension on the EG8 gave it an edge on in handling terms over the competent Mazda struts.

I think all this craze about ricing up civics came about thanks to that totally crap movie - "Funny and the Foolish" ;) , which started this culture.

You can't blame them either. They probably read very little or have very little experience with different cars. So their minds are probably not very open.

Thankfully you and I know a bit more and we can be different B) .

I drive an old 1993 Mirage Coupe which supposedly has around 110BHP (4G91 EFI Multi Engine) and being the coupe version is lighter than the sedan and has stiffer suspension from the factory. I have never tried to race it or drag it but it feels pretty lively on the road accelerates well and handles and corners well.

Now I am not going to claim its better than a Civic of that generation, and I did look at a few Civics (amongst others) before buying it but I did not want to follow a trend or be boring and conservative and do what everybody else was doing. I wanted to get something which I enjoyed driving, which was a little bit unusual, but not too unusual to become a maintainance disaster and gave me some potential to improve upon the base and the Mirage gave me all of that.

I guess nobody will argue Mitsubishi makes some great Engines :) so if you want to find out who makes the best engines you would need to throw a few other brands into the equation.

Edited by The Don

I drive an old 1993 Mirage Coupe which supposedly has around 110BHP (4G91 EFI Multi Engine) and being the coupe version is lighter than the sedan and has stiffer suspension from the factory. I have never tried to race it or drag it but it feels pretty lively on the road accelerates well and handles and corners well.

Now I am not going to claim its better than a Civic of that generation, and I did look at a few Civics (amongst others) before buying it but I did not want to follow a trend or be boring and conservative and do what everybody else was doing. I wanted to get something which I enjoyed driving, which was a little bit unusual, but not too unusual to become a maintainable disaster and gave me some potential to improve upon the base and the Mirage gave me all of that.

I guess nobody will argue Mitsubishi makes some great Engines :) so if you want to find out who makes the best engines you would need to throw a few other brands into the equation.

True, Have you guys watched Jeromy clarkson's comparisons between Lamborghini Murcielago And Evo VIII about handling.?? in last round Evo wins. and he explained about How they (Mitsubishi Engineers) extract more power from a 2.0 Liter Engine which is amazing!!

"Funny and the Foolish" hmmm I'm a prety movie fan my self but I cant recall that one. It must b good for it to make such a publicity. GTAm do u know a place to do the engine modifications for mazda's.

It seems that the civ*ics D15B7 which cames in 90-95 era only produced 102 hp (76 kW) @ 5600 rpm & 98 ft·lbf @ 3800 rpm

but B5 engine in the same era produced 117bhp 81 kW (110 PS) at 6500 rpm and 12.9 kgf·m (127 N·m) at 5500 rpm (wiki)

Interms of hp B5 produced 15more. For a civ*ic to obtain that extra 15 it has to modify. So if you treat the same to the B5 it'll end up with more performace.

Have u guys heard of GTX version of 323(in the same era with the same chassy) with AWD n Turbo (206hp). R there any available in S.L.? (Will definetly b a civ*ic killer)

The Don I totally agree with u machan. I also doesnt like being a sheep of a heard but 2 b diff from the rest. I think more ppl tend to follow than to be dif. Wht do u guys rekon?

Hey GTAm do u know the guy who chiped ur ride?

"Funny and the Foolish" hmmm I'm a prety movie fan my self but I cant recall that one. It must b good for it to make such a publicity. GTAm do u know a place to do the engine modifications for mazda's.

He was joking mate.... he meant "the fast and the furious" :D

mmm d15b7 is just 1 jdm eng in d15b series..so dnt get it wrong as all civics carry's it..

also like to know the answer to what Pericles has asked?? ( civ*ics )

Edited by RACERSEDGE

Have you guys herd about Mazda 323 Protége. whats the difference between Normal Model and this one. is this is some kinda Sports Version?

Hey Ruslan,

Its Nice to See a Mazda 323 RS Fan. Well I imported a Car through one of my close Freinds back in 2004. It only costed me 1.5 Mill at that time. The car had just done around 15000km.I just that knew that the car was 1.5 LTR VVTI. I never checked its Horsepower,

But the Day i got the car it had 15 Tires Standard. I reved it above 4400 RPM and damn this was a Rocket. It seems it had 130 BHP Standard with the *VICS systems. Sadly I sold it in 2005 FEB.

*VICS (variable inertial charge system):

By setting the precise length of the inlet pipe to ensure an even blend of fuel vapour with air and optimising air pressure, maximum energy and perfect burn is delivered. To boost torque at higher speeds. Conceptually, it is like a variable valve timing system (but is not the same thing) in that it allows more air to be drawn in at speeds above 4750 rpm, thereby keeping the torque curve at a higher level rather than falling off.

Continuous Phased Variable Valve Timing Mechanism

S-VT (sequential valve timing) controls the valve timing in various driving modes, through continually varying the opening and closing timing of the intake valve, to give the most suitable operation. It goes without saying that the application of this control technology has simultaneously improved both the performance of the engine and its fuel efficiency, and Mazda has built this brand new mechanism into its small mass-sales car, the Familia, as its main engine (the 1.5L ZL-VE type introduced in 1998). CO2 emissions have been reduced by 16% and NOx by 14% over previous models, while the pleasure of driving the car has increased.

S-VT engine

Maximum output: 130ps/7000rpm. Maximum torque: 14.4kg-m/4000rpm

S-VT is composed of a vane actuator, which continually varies the phase of the intake valve timing and the crank angle through oil pressure, along with a computer, which calculates the intake valve timing, and an oil control valve (OCV), which controls the oil pressure in accordance with instructions from the computer. The most appropriate valve timing control can be achieved through detection of the engine's revolutions, intake volume and water temperature. NOx emissions are also reduced, through the implementation of EGR.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had driven it To Matara / Anuradapura and i rate this car ++++ 1 for Its Handling and Power compared to other 1.5ltr. Its pretty Sexy Too.

This was my car at that Time. And i am just so sad that I sold it.

mazda323yw7.jpg

Please check this Link for ALL Mazda Lovers - Super Link on all The Mazda Engines.

http://www.protege323.com/content/24_engines/index.php

If you are buying a RS buy a Manual. These is one UREG for 2.2 MIL Now.

Edited by Velocity

mazda323yw7.jpg

:speechless-smiley-020: wow what a beauty.

Guys please tell me where can I get my engine modified(performance)......

Pericles I've posted as such cus while I was going through another post(cant recall which) in this forum I found out that owner doesn't want to promote international brands. If its k. to do so fine by me. (I dont hav to go through the trouble of pressing shift+8).

Pericles I've posted as such cus while I was going through another post(cant recall which) in this forum I found out that owner doesn't want to promote international brands. If its k. to do so fine by me. (I dont hav to go through the trouble of pressing shift+8).

The owner doesn't like to promote local brands unless they adverise on the site. And Civic is not a brand, the brand is Honda. So feel feel free to say Civic as much as you like.

Hey Ruslan,

Its Nice to See a Mazda 323 RS Fan. Well I imported a Car through one of my close Freinds back in 2004. It only costed me 1.5 Mill at that time. The car had just done around 15000km.I just that knew that the car was 1.5 LTR VVTI. I never checked its Horsepower,

But the Day i got the car it had 15 Tires Standard. I reved it above 4400 RPM and damn this was a Rocket. It seems it had 130 BHP Standard with the *VICS systems. Sadly I sold it in 2005 FEB.

*VICS (variable inertial charge system):

By setting the precise length of the inlet pipe to ensure an even blend of fuel vapour with air and optimising air pressure, maximum energy and perfect burn is delivered. To boost torque at higher speeds. Conceptually, it is like a variable valve timing system (but is not the same thing) in that it allows more air to be drawn in at speeds above 4750 rpm, thereby keeping the torque curve at a higher level rather than falling off.

Continuous Phased Variable Valve Timing Mechanism

S-VT (sequential valve timing) controls the valve timing in various driving modes, through continually varying the opening and closing timing of the intake valve, to give the most suitable operation. It goes without saying that the application of this control technology has simultaneously improved both the performance of the engine and its fuel efficiency, and Mazda has built this brand new mechanism into its small mass-sales car, the Familia, as its main engine (the 1.5L ZL-VE type introduced in 1998). CO2 emissions have been reduced by 16% and NOx by 14% over previous models, while the pleasure of driving the car has increased.

S-VT engine

Maximum output: 130ps/7000rpm. Maximum torque: 14.4kg-m/4000rpm

S-VT is composed of a vane actuator, which continually varies the phase of the intake valve timing and the crank angle through oil pressure, along with a computer, which calculates the intake valve timing, and an oil control valve (OCV), which controls the oil pressure in accordance with instructions from the computer. The most appropriate valve timing control can be achieved through detection of the engine's revolutions, intake volume and water temperature. NOx emissions are also reduced, through the implementation of EGR.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had driven it To Matara / Anuradapura and i rate this car ++++ 1 for Its Handling and Power compared to other 1.5ltr. Its pretty Sexy Too.

This was my car at that Time. And i am just so sad that I sold it.

mazda323yw7.jpg

Please check this Link for ALL Mazda Lovers - Super Link on all The Mazda Engines.

Velocity,

Thanks for the detailed info machan. and WOW!! that car is a beauty (pic). i found about protege when i was looking for a car before i get the Corolla. during those days it ws there for sale in Car Sale in Pitakotte area. i have seen this (Protege) car in mag too but it was comparing with a Subaru WRX so i thought theres something special about it. definitely if I'm gonna buy a car again. (not so soon though) thought of going for Manual. kinda lazy to drive a Auto now. Is this Original Bodykit or have you get it done somewhere?

O.k. guys I want to know What you think is the best with knowlegde n experience.

Both the engines r 1.5L that came with 90-95 models (where most riced civics n interplays r produced).

Amen to U my man….. :D

Well being a ex Interplay user and now on my 3rd Mazda (323 – 2000 model – 1.6 ) And during the good old days of my interplay and we had this drad’s near Viharamahadevi park- I was never the racer dude but I remember my interplay creaming a Primera – it was quite fast for a 1.5 and pretty steady when taking bends too.

I have high regards & respects for Honda – like u said when it come to performance parts Mazda’s have a limited options here in SL.

Hay Guru hope to see U at the Mazda meet … :alc:

Cheers

Hay Velocity - where can I see this baby - the Unreg Pls Pls drop me a mail [email protected]

Velocity,

Thanks for the detailed info machan. and WOW!! that car is a beauty (pic). i found about protege when i was looking for a car before i get the Corolla. during those days it ws there for sale in Car Sale in Pitakotte area. i have seen this (Protege) car in mag too but it was comparing with a Subaru WRX so i thought theres something special about it. definitely if I'm gonna buy a car again. (not so soon though) thought of going for Manual. kinda lazy to drive a Auto now. Is this Original Bodykit or have you get it done somewhere?

got the body kit done bro... wheels and suspension was installed after i got the car.

Amen to U my man….. :D

Well being a ex Interplay user and now on my 3rd Mazda (323 – 2000 model – 1.6 ) And during the good old days of my interplay and we had this drad’s near Viharamahadevi park- I was never the racer dude but I remember my interplay creaming a Primera – it was quite fast for a 1.5 and pretty steady when taking bends too.

I have high regards & respects for Honda – like u said when it come to performance parts Mazda’s have a limited options here in SL.

Hay Guru hope to see U at the Mazda meet … :alc:

Cheers

I hope I can get my car ready by then. If not at least I'l come in my Bitch car Hyundai :girl_cray2:

hmmm no body has still given a reason as to why the D15B SOHC V-tec engine, gearbox and car combination is arguably NOT one of the best 1.5lt n/a combinations offered of all time - former owner of both a Mazda and a Honda :)

what about the SR20VE with its 6 speed manual box? Wonderful combo, just keeps revving and revving and IMHO the note sounds better than the D15B SOHC.

hmmm no body has still given a reason as to why the D15B SOHC V-tec engine, gearbox and car combination is arguably NOT one of the best 1.5lt n/a combinations offered of all time - former owner of both a Mazda and a Honda :)

What do u rekon best? Since u had both.

Edited by GuruG