• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

My Close Friend Died !!!

Velocity

sorry to hear about what happened to your friend mate! no doubt a good lession for everyone.

I have had almost 4 college mates who died from Motor Vehicle Accidents.

from that 4 accidents - 3 were all due to drunk driving.

My Bro. In-Law's brother died after his car hit moving train in Wattala. Was in ICU for 1 week, died there after. He too was from Trinity and was only 32 yrs old.

Seems a good lesson for everybody to learn. Most of accidents happening due to drunk drivers and sleepy drivers.

This is too bad!

My sympathies to family and all his friends including Dimantha! May god he belived bless the soul!

MINIACE

Mini infact i did not want to post the pictures, but i thought at least looking at them can save few more lives,

just that when we are drunk we feel over confident about our driving pushing our limits to maximum. We do forget that our reaction times are slower when we are drunk.

Also not wearing Seat Belts at the Time of Driving. Just like Praveen Said my friend would lived if not for piece of Chinese made crapy steering wheel.

My heart full of sympathies to the family and all his friends and Dims...can imagine the horrible scene when look at the steering wheel. Always wear seat belts guys. If you do that continuously you will get used to it. I always wear seat belts when my car is on the move... doesn't matter where I am going and in which speed I am driving....

Edited by Bharath

hey machan.... i know how hard is life specially loosing some one closer to you i've lost 8 friends already due to drunk and reckless driving. and so sorry guys i know this is lil bit late but one of my relative died in motor bicycle accident last year august 30 on the 401. i think you guys may have seen his Volkswagen hatch on sl car meeting get togethers..... my advice to youngsters PLEASE DON’T DRINK AND DRIVE. When you are driving please be confident of what you are doing. You maybe not believe this some times when I was in sri lanka if my mind said to not to drive I never take my cars out because every time I ignore and drive something always happed. So be careful of what you are doing.

This is my coz ……

n5030258304692279383oe9.jpg

hey machan.... i know how hard is life specially loosing some one closer to you i've lost 8 friends already due to drunk and reckless driving. and so sorry guys i know this is lil bit late but one of my relative died in motor bicycle accident last year august 30 on the 401. i think you guys may have seen his Volkswagen hatch on sl car meeting get togethers..... my advice to youngsters PLEASE DON’T DRINK AND DRIVE. When you are driving please be confident of what you are doing. You maybe not believe this some times when I was in sri lanka if my mind said to not to drive I never take my cars out because every time I ignore and drive something always happed. So be careful of what you are doing.

This is my coz ……

Its a good advise machan. Another thing is we must NOT OVER ESTIMATE what our cars can do. It may be a old sunny or a Evo X. All are made out of steels. Modern cars having modern features which are more advanced than older cars. Then we used to trust the technology. It could be done only up to a limit. Always dont let a pack of steels to take care of our life. Always we have to remember modern ships are sinking, Modern aircrafts are crashing. Then how can we trust a modern car with a excellent braking and handling capabilities?

Yeah bro he worked for a Pharmaceutical Company. He was from Trinity ( Kandy )

Ahhh yes… I know the story – Truly sad to hear the story as the dude has 2 kids and he was on his way to Kandy to keep the mul gala for the house if I’m not mistaken.

My sympathies goes out to the family

Mini infact i did not want to post the pictures, but i thought at least looking at them can save few more lives,

just that when we are drunk we feel over confident about our driving pushing our limits to maximum. We do forget that our reaction times are slower when we are drunk.

Also not wearing Seat Belts at the Time of Driving. Just like Praveen Said my friend would lived if not for piece of Chinese made crapy steering wheel.

You did a great job by posting pictures! Im sure this is a great eye opener for all of us.

MINIACE

guys, apart from the 'don't drink&drive' policy, there is a very viable alternative - Taxi Cab! Yes, it may be a bit more expensive, but considering the potential outcome if you're behind the wheel, i would say its worth it.

Be smart - its hard enough to keep our cars intact on a normal day- not worth risking our lives too.

guys, apart from the 'don't drink&drive' policy, there is a very viable alternative - Taxi Cab! Yes, it may be a bit more expensive, but considering the potential outcome if you're behind the wheel, i would say its worth it.

Be smart - its hard enough to keep our cars intact on a normal day- not worth risking our lives too.

actually cabs are the cheaper option :) nowadays it's nearly impossible to drive in colombo if ya drunk...especially friday/saturday nights where people tend to hit bars early...

the higher fines and cancellation of licenses is a good enough reason to avoid drunk driving for those who feel invincible behind the wheel even when they're plastered...

there's a new service called "call a driver " summin like that... they charge a registration fee and 100bucks an hour... Not a bad deal if the company employs professional drivers who can be there on time :)

Personally... i never drive when i'm drunk... either take a cab home or get myself dropped in office or something to sleep it off :)