• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Black Evo 6

cayman

I'd say the STi conversion is a better deal and neater than an Evo conversion. As you can get a AWD Impreza for the conversion. But in the lancer you have to make drastic changes for the rear axle.

Also keep in mind that it's not the drive train, suspension that differs in a Impreza Vs a STi or a Lancer vs an Evo. The complete body rigidity is reinforced. And we tend to ignore that during a conversion.

No doubt the car in mention looks hot from the outside. But word on the street says it's had it share of issues after the conversion. But they "might" have been corrected now.

I would rather pick a tracked car rather than a conversion anytime.

That said, there are some neat specimens of Evo IVs around but none of the owners are willing to part with them.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent :D

i actually wouldn't mind driving upto Malabe on a sunday or something - i've never been on that road and wouldn't mind a leisurely drive :)

i'll drop u msg once everything is in order - the rims should be on by the ned of the week - i have a feeling you (and most others) will quite approve! :D

let me know too Z :rolleyes: Peri, can i bring batteries for the CAM?

Edited by Kim

I totally agree, u need to use Propere Engine Oil, Diff oils, and gear box oils, and the conversion need to be done in a perfect way, not a cheep way, some people do conversions only swaping the Diff, G Box and Engine, but to do a propere conversion u need to get the original Dash board, seats, even the pedels, some comes with Aluminum guards for Diff and Sump

BTW gunat i like to see a pic of ur STi, btw is ur car parked at Nadimala ?

Can i have a ride in yours Mr.FX ? and if i remember correct you still did not share any photos of your car with us...pls do!

Edited by Kim

Since we're on the topic of Conversions, what's the status with the Street Legality of this kind of car ?

What documentation should be produced for this kind of conversion to be legalised, or should you always avoid the cops at all costs ? :ninja:

Since we're on the topic of Conversions, what's the status with the Street Legality of this kind of car ?

What documentation should be produced for this kind of conversion to be legalised, or should you always avoid the cops at all costs ? :ninja:

U have to change the Engine Number on the book, thats it

let me know too Z :rolleyes: Peri, can i bring batteries for the CAM?

Don't get you. SLRs don't use AA. They use special batteries.

Also, if you wanna come, bring your own wheels. Devs car has only two seats, and I def want one :D Though you can have the seat if he decides to try his luck pushing down CBK.

Also, if you wanna come, bring your own wheels. Devs car has only two seats, and I def want one :D Though you can have the seat if he decides to try his luck pushing down CBK.

i wouldn't say no to this either :) should be a pretty nice photo opportunity :) though i wont be around there till mid-may :(

heh he :P its okey peri, i hope that there will be enough space in your CAM for the Z & the GT :rolleyes: so what can i bring then? ;)

heh he :P its okey peri, i hope that there will be enough space in your CAM for the Z & the GT :rolleyes: so what can i bring then? ;)

If u guys can wait till May 16th which is technically a month i dont mind joining u guys for a photoshoot... hmmm gives me an idea its been close to 2 years since we last had the supercar meet up... hint hint... maybe madz and some of u guys can organise this...plus by the end of nxt month there will be another suprise if u guys are willing to meet up.. :P

If u guys can wait till May 16th which is technically a month i dont mind joining u guys for a photoshoot... hmmm gives me an idea its been close to 2 years since we last had the supercar meet up... hint hint... maybe madz and some of u guys can organise this...plus by the end of nxt month there will be another suprise if u guys are willing to meet up.. :P

I wont be in SL till the 10th of may either. So i'll be more than glad to shoot yours!!!! and i call shotgun in the skyline :D (or even the Elise, I'm not the fussy type.. hheheheheheeeee)

and very curious to see what this surprise is too :)

sounds good machan

afterall may isnt too far away :)

Great idea mate!

MINIACE

If the conversion is done 100% to original spec...suppose there is nothing to worry about then. Only if a buyer wants the real thing, should they be diligent.

nothing like originality eh gunat? ;) i've had conversions forced down my throat too but i just like knowing my car was born and bred that way... just my opinion...

count me in for the photoshoot... i've been meaning to catch a hold of peri for a while...

nothing like originality eh gunat? ;) i've had conversions forced down my throat too but i just like knowing my car was born and bred that way... just my opinion...

count me in for the photoshoot... i've been meaning to catch a hold of peri for a while...

amen to that! :D

so now when exactly do we do this?

a road trip with a Legacy RS,Carina GT,Mini,VZR,GTR & 300ZX would prove most interesting! :)

hmmm Peri, when exaclty is that camera coming in?

amen to that! :D

so now when exactly do we do this?

a road trip with a Legacy RS,Carina GT,Mini,VZR,GTR & 300ZX would prove most interesting! :)

hmmm Peri, when exaclty is that camera coming in?

I'm hoping to get it via Max soon after the launch date on 27th April. The main question is how to get it to SL. Have to wait till someone comes back from office.

Unless .... Adey, Andrew, can you bring my camera with you?!?

I'm hoping to get it via Max soon after the launch date on 27th April. The main question is how to get it to SL. Have to wait till someone comes back from office.

Unless .... Adey, Andrew, can you bring my camera with you?!?

Sure...just email me with the details...