• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pajero Exceed

isam

I personally own a Pajero 2.8 Intercooler Turbo commonly known as the Intercooler in Sri Lanka. closing abt 200k on the odo. Very nice beast. It could keep up with a prado or any kind with no problem at all. The turbo intercooled engine gives all it have above 2000rpm. I would say the value is around 49-51 with the current market prices and the condition of vehilcle. its a 95' 64-97xx. I recall checking sum 2.5's most of them did not have dual AC, the fronts are not sufficient to cool the whole cabin. and the 2.5 could be somewhat underpowered. Not sure though.

• 2 months later...
my uncle sold his Exceed 2.5 Turbo (not inter cooled) for 3.2 mil.

price of 2.8 inter cooled version of it vary starting from 4.4 mil to 5.5 mil depend on the reg no and options. FYI same person bought an inter cooled model for 4.5mil with 65 plates. it has electric, heated leather seats, Power mirror and ride adjustable shock absorbers (to my knowledge all these were optional for this model). Dual A/C, Electric sun roof, full option were basics for this model

Why not just get a petrol and buy a used diesel engine. Should be far cheaper that buying a diesel??

my uncle sold his Exceed 2.5 Turbo (not inter cooled) for 3.2 mil.

price of 2.8 inter cooled version of it vary starting from 4.4 mil to 5.5 mil depend on the reg no and options. FYI same person bought an inter cooled model for 4.5mil with 65 plates. it has electric, heated leather seats, Power mirror and ride adjustable shock absorbers (to my knowledge all these were optional for this model). Dual A/C, Electric sun roof, full option were basics for this model

Why can't you just petrol Paj and put used diesel engine? Would be far cheaper that getting a diesel one?

Why can't you just petrol Paj and put used diesel engine? Would be far cheaper that getting a diesel one?

There is a cost of Rs. 250,000 to be incurred when legally converting a vehicle from Petrol to Diesel

Furthermore there is likely to be a noticeable reduction in the value of the vehicle at time of resale,owing to the 325- number it will receive upon conversion

There is a cost of Rs. 250,000 to be incurred when legally converting a vehicle from Petrol to Diesel

Furthermore there is likely to be a noticeable reduction in the value of the vehicle at time of resale,owing to the 325- number it will receive upon conversion

Good points, but does it not show that the market is artificial for diesel?? Anyway even if the resale value is less, it would also have cost much less to convert, so you will be up on the deal anyway!!

• 2 weeks later...

Devinda has got valid points, there is a significant difference between the price of 325 vehicles and normal ones. The amazing thing is that there is no base in it. :) after all both the vehicles are legal.

Good points, but does it not show that the market is artificial for diesel?? Anyway even if the resale value is less, it would also have cost much less to convert, so you will be up on the deal anyway!!

Yeah, If you intend to run the vehicle and worry less about resale value.

I personally own a Pajero 2.8 Intercooler Turbo commonly known as the Intercooler in Sri Lanka. closing abt 200k on the odo. Very nice beast. It could keep up with a prado or any kind with no problem at all. The turbo intercooled engine gives all it have above 2000rpm. I would say the value is around 49-51 with the current market prices and the condition of vehilcle. its a 95' 64-97xx. I recall checking sum 2.5's most of them did not have dual AC, the fronts are not sufficient to cool the whole cabin. and the 2.5 could be somewhat underpowered. Not sure though.

Devaka, do you have any idea of the lifetime of these engines? howmany KMs can they do before the engine needs to be overhauled?

• 4 months later...
Does anybody know the market price of a short wheel Pajero? I'm interested in the following model with a non turbo 4d56 engine.

BLUESWB_1.jpg

org_BLUESWB_2.jpg

if anyones noticed there sure seem to have been a explosion in the number of 3 door Pajero's of this particular model running about...

call me sceptical but i'd recon these should be sporting 64- & 65- numbers like the 5 Door "intercoolers" which are in essence the 5 door varients of the same...

Though there are a handful of these,all the others recently spotted have been on 32- plates , which made me wonder if these too are the results of this whole body permit business... :unsure:

my guess on the price is somwhere between 1.9 - 2.6 Million , but this pure speculation as i can't recall having inquired a price for one of these, legit or otherwise... :mellow:

Edited by Devinda_Z

i was about to say the same thing devinda....

to my knowledge, only a handful (less than 5 i think) were legit imports. the other ones have popped up recently. so be very careful when buying one.

Many thanks Fuzzo, Devinda, the one I'm referring to has 64 plates and imported for a government institution (Still worried since there is a saying that 'All corruptions start from these places' :) And it has leaf suspension in in the rear :unsure:

Many thanks Fuzzo, Devinda, the one I'm referring to has 64 plates and imported for a government institution (Still worried since there is a saying that 'All corruptions start from these places' :) And it has leaf suspension in in the rear :unsure:

afaik those had coils and IFS

so it could well be one those odd jobs...

there were a few of the older generation on 64- plates - the Sunil's motor trading joint had one such vehicle...

afaik those had coils and IFS

so it could well be one those odd jobs...

there were a few of the older generation on 64- plates - the Sunil's motor trading joint had one such vehicle...

This one has IFS but rear is leaf... :unsure: YOM is 1992, appreciate if anybody can help me find the original specs of this model [XR2]

Thanks in advance.

This one has IFS but rear is leaf... :unsure: YOM is 1992, appreciate if anybody can help me find the original specs of this model [XR2]

Thanks in advance.

this will probably help

http://specs.amayama.com/mitsubishi/pajero/1991_1/

and i think this is the grade you're looking for.

http://specs.amayama.com/specs-mitsubishi-...-january/17648/

since the vehicle you mention is apparently a '92, it will be in this set of specs, as the next revision to the pajeros was 1993.... i'm guessing that's when the leaf spring model was dropped altogether...

of course according to this sheet, the engine on the XRII grade is SUPPOSED to be a turbocharged unit.... so you might want want to check that on the relevant vehicle...

Hope this helps, Cheers!

this will probably help

http://specs.amayama.com/mitsubishi/pajero/1991_1/

and i think this is the grade you're looking for.

http://specs.amayama.com/specs-mitsubishi-...-january/17648/

since the vehicle you mention is apparently a '92, it will be in this set of specs, as the next revision to the pajeros was 1993.... i'm guessing that's when the leaf spring model was dropped altogether...

of course according to this sheet, the engine on the XRII grade is SUPPOSED to be a turbocharged unit.... so you might want want to check that on the relevant vehicle...

Hope this helps, Cheers!

Supra, Devinda, Fuzzo many thanks for the info.

Edited by isam

Supra you were right. This is a 2nd generation first model (NH) found the following specs:

Gen 2

NH model Apr 91-Nov 93

• swb 2.6 petrol 5sp (V5M21) leaf springs
  • 3.0 V6 5sp (V5MT1) rear coils
  • lwb 2.6 petrol 5sp (V5M21) leaf springs
  • 2.5 TD 5sp (V5M21) leaf springs
  • 2.5 TDI 5sp (V5MT1) rear coils
  • 3.0 V6 5sp (V5MT1) or 4sp auto (V4AW2) rear coils

i like the shortwheel base cos its bit quicker than the lwb and its better off road. but the lwb has a better a ride and has more predictable handling. i was in the market for one of these back in 2003 and like fuzzo said very few were imported legally. u can spot the fakes cos they'll have 31- or 32- plates. becos the pajero was imported at the time when the regs went from 32- to 64- there are very few 32- "intercooler" pajeros. i'm not gonna say the fakes are bad but i'll leave it to the experts to qoute on that. but whatever you do dont buy a non turbo. cos its truly gutless. then again the 4d56 that came in the pajero was not that great either. unless it was the intercooled version. my suggestion is look for one with a 4m4_ engine code. if not buy a 4d56 n do a swap. i think the benefits are very well defined by the price difference between the 2.5 and the 2.8. i've driven pajeros with both of these engines. and i put my money on the 4m4_

• 5 weeks later...
i like the shortwheel base cos its bit quicker than the lwb and its better off road. but the lwb has a better a ride and has more predictable handling. i was in the market for one of these back in 2003 and like fuzzo said very few were imported legally. u can spot the fakes cos they'll have 31- or 32- plates. becos the pajero was imported at the time when the regs went from 32- to 64- there are very few 32- "intercooler" pajeros. i'm not gonna say the fakes are bad but i'll leave it to the experts to qoute on that. but whatever you do dont buy a non turbo. cos its truly gutless. then again the 4d56 that came in the pajero was not that great either. unless it was the intercooled version. my suggestion is look for one with a 4m4_ engine code. if not buy a 4d56 n do a swap. i think the benefits are very well defined by the price difference between the 2.5 and the 2.8. i've driven pajeros with both of these engines. and i put my money on the 4m4_

I've spoken to a few Jeep enthusiasts and mechanics. They say despite 4M40 being one of the best engines for speed and toque, it wares out fast. While toyota 1KZ can go for about 400~500K kms, before an overhaul, the 4M40 will need an overhaul in half that time... :(

I've spoken to a few Jeep enthusiasts and mechanics. They say despite 4M40 being one of the best engines for speed and toque, it wares out fast. While toyota 1KZ can go for about 400~500K kms, before an overhaul, the 4M40 will need an overhaul in half that time... :(

Just a quick point, The Toyota 1KZ engine certainly CANNOT go for 400-500k KMs before an overhaul! that's just wishful thinking mate!!

The 1 KZ is a fairly highly stressed engine compared to the old faithful 2L and 3l NA motors (which can do about 350k between overhauls), and as such realistic running before an overhaul is about 300k... We have a KZJ77 Land Cruiser with the 1KZ which has 280k miles from new and now the engine is starting to signify that it needs work... so 300k is about the safe limit for this engine IMO... some people overhaul them every 200k, such as when they have heavy usage.

Just a quick point, The Toyota 1KZ engine certainly CANNOT go for 400-500k KMs before an overhaul! that's just wishful thinking mate!!

The 1 KZ is a fairly highly stressed engine compared to the old faithful 2L and 3l NA motors (which can do about 350k between overhauls), and as such realistic running before an overhaul is about 300k... We have a KZJ77 Land Cruiser with the 1KZ which has 280k miles from new and now the engine is starting to signify that it needs work... so 300k is about the safe limit for this engine IMO... some people overhaul them every 200k, such as when they have heavy usage.

Gee... I thought 1KZ was bullet proof work horse!!! <_<