• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Ford Club Meet #2

GuruG

MFOC Meet #2  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Count me in

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey

A big Thank You to all the MFOC commitee members. We all slogged it.

Thanks for the comments, and I have a few as well

Yes we too wished more Mazdas and Fords turned up but what else can we do? We even called people up personally, put an advt in the paper ! Many cars parked outside ???? We saw it too...why did they not come in?

We guys are also just normal hardworking everyday guys trying to do something extra.

the posts about nothing happenin for other brands is a bit unfair as it was after all a Mazda Ford event. Other cars did run and most had a freakin ball!

We too are happy that all who came had a good time, and we even gave FREE BEER !

Its been tough and the next one will be bigger. We already have confirmed entries.

IMHO we must just have fun, that's all.

Where were the RX 7 s and all those 3s? Not one !

So far its been all our cash spent and its gonna be tough to manage the next time ....spouses getting suspicious....:)

Take care y all

I fully understand the situ Prad, we go thru the same thing with our club when it comes to getting participation. They all wanna take part, but they don't want to hand in the entry form. Very often some of the committee members - me included have to go to their homes to pick up their forms. These are guys who are CEOs and Directors and are likely to have secretaries and peons at the snap of their fingers :angry-smiley-024: .

Very confusing why the cars parked outside did not take part...... Fear of the unknown? :rolleyes:

Great work anyway......its a new club and it might take time for Mazda/Ford owners to join in.

Sorry could not stay longer for the beer :( , had promised to drive parents...

Saw ur Lip got Damaged, anyway is that the car Nilantha did some Mods ?

yeah man nilantha did some engine work. but the credit should go to MR. autoboost lasitha.. thorugh him only got to nilantha.. even the kit was done by him. now the reconstruct is done by him too..... replaced the pistons with high compression ones.. still needs some work on thorttle response and breaks...

yeah the lip got the hit.. the sad part is we desinged that track.. i did over 20 laps on it from 2 o clock..

the damn thing just didnt turn... and plus the tires were badly gone so i shouldnt have pushed it like that....

Edited by charitha19

yeah man nilantha did some engine work. but the credit should go to MR. autoboost lasitha.. thorugh him only got to nilantha.. even the kit was done by him. now the reconstruct is done by him too..... replaced the pistons with high compression ones.. still needs some work on thorttle response and breaks...

yeah the lip got the hit.. the sad part is we desinged that track.. i did over 20 laps on it from 2 o clock..

the damn thing just didnt turn... and plus the tires were badly gone so i shouldnt have pushed it like that....

Yeah Yeah i was there when Nilantha did ur car work, when i ask Lasi abt the car owner he told its his friends car, anyway the car look nice but not happy with the track design

Edited by GihanFX

Yeah Yeah i was there when Nilantha did ur car work, when i ask Lasi abt the car owner he told its his friends car, anyway the car look nice but not happy with the track design

well i guess i could say the same thing since my little miss hap.. but waht about u.. ur WRX could have nailed it because we kept the corners a little wider than last time for the bigger cars....

Considering that a 300C managed to navigate that track without issues ..... Ahh, well...

sorry man did someone say it was difficult.? need to know the feedback for the next event..

because personally we made the track to suit the big cars this time.. so it was actualyl pretty easy...

sorry man did someone say it was difficult.? need to know the feedback for the next event..

because personally we made the track to suit the big cars this time.. so it was actualyl pretty easy...

I didint drive myself, but like peri said if a 300C can make it around that track, any other car there could have :) track seemed like the space was very well utilized.

The only hitch i'd say was participation.. anyway boy did that Yellow IST move.....

Edited by Dilesh

didint drive myself, but like peri said if a 300C can make around that track, any other car there could have :) track deemed like the space was very well utilized.

The only hitch i'd say was participation.. and boy did that Yellow IST move.....

yep that really moved.. i think that was really impressive. and its an auto i belive.. if thats the case the bugger would have been on 2 or L the whole time..

thanks for the feedback.. i was wondering what sparked the initial comment for peri.... thought someone thought the track was diffcult.

yep but in the afternoon there were few more before the non mazdas moved about in the track...

Edited by charitha19

I also thought it was difficult by looking at it , but after i ran it , felt it was good

Edited by MRM

I didint drive myself, but like peri said if a 300C can make it around that track, any other car there could have :) track seemed like the space was very well utilized.

The only hitch i'd say was participation.. anyway boy did that Yellow IST move.....

nice pictures machang.. came in late i only saw the IST and the SWIFT doin runs... do u have videos of the event \??

I didn't say it was difficult. I didn't run it. Gihan said he wasn't happy with the layout and you agreed. I was wondering why you would make those comments in the light of a big ol' American car having no trouble.

I didn't say it was difficult. I didn't run it. Gihan said he wasn't happy with the layout and you agreed. I was wondering why you would make those comments in the light of a big ol' American car having no trouble.

oh sorry peri, what i meant was since i was involved in the design and after running and running without a glitch, in the end i managed to crack my front lip making a corner, i made that comment to gihan in a hurry and i was intending it to sound ironic bad choice of semantics i guess.

personlly we made it to be a fast track, and it was meant to be like that....

so i am re clarifying here that i dont think its a diffcult track at alll.. just a small mistake in my choice of words to gihan.

[Hay Guys,

Had a good time. Hope all enjoyed. Like to thank a lot of people starting with Nishan, Carmart, Members and the non M & F’s who came down.

There were some M’ & F’s that took part in the run – but we had the event from 3.00pm onwards and wanted to wind up by 5.00pm due to several reasons – 1 been the safety aspect & 2. been the unreliable weather ( Which started out with a pour during the parade time)

Got some video’s on my camcorder but don’t know how to take parts of it out – hence leaving it GuruG to do that part.

Uploading the pics through office is a bitch as the bandwidth is restricted and I just moved to a new place and got no internet yet... sp pls be a bit patient - GuruG /Charith can u pls upload pics if u have ?

Thx all for coming..... I had a blast and I know some did tooo.

Hmmmm about track been difficult....It may look difficult but its not except for the sharp turn after the straight but even that we made wider at the event day cus it was in da line of turn.

For what I can see people tend to say difficult just becus of the way it looks. Did they even do a test run before concluding that its difficult...NO!

What made ppl think that the track is difficult??

I did hear some sayin "my car is too powerfull for this track" .... ya my :action-smiley-081:

Is it bcus 4wd hmmmm I saw an evo havin gr8 fun...

Is it bcus RWD hmmmm RX8 managed da track without a hassle

So whats left is drivers skill n of course de attitude..........

We didn't just t lay the track...we were testing the track using a Astina n a Ceffiro. Except for 300c were there any car bigger than a ceffiro???

So whats all this fuss about the track been difficult. :angry-smiley-024:

Hav some pics n some good clips. Will upload them in free time

Edited by GuruG

well No track is difficult for any car, but to get a gud time u need to use the E-Brake, anyway that day we mised some Nice Drifting. Onces same kind of a track day was orgernized at the same place by some other guys and that was very happening,

Anyway nice try and congrads, make the next one real happening one, need more crowd and some nice chicks too lol

300 C ran it coz the driver ( ahem ahem) was super :)

well No track is difficult for any car, but to get a gud time u need to use the E-Brake, anyway that day we mised some Nice Drifting. Onces same kind of a track day was orgernized at the same place by some other guys and that was very happening,

Anyway nice try and congrads, make the next one real happening one, need more crowd and some nice chicks too lol

Yup definetley agree on that score. More cars and more babes.

We did start the event at 2pm guys, so all of those night owls who turned up after the cars had gone, are the ones under the impression that" more non Mazdas and Fords" ran than club cars etc.

We were running the track from 3.30 pm onwards and had fried the tyres by the time all the others showed up. the party mood was in full force by the time the 4 WD & RWD guys showed up.

Did miss those RX 7 guys who drifted so nicely last time........also I think any RX 7, RX * owners, and Mazda 3 owners on AL should be ashamed that they never showed up. What do they use those cars for ? Posing ? Ai ai ai......

We guys in our normal road cars were having a ball, and thats what the club is about.....

Maybe the next event will have non M&F brands involved as well.

We were thinking og the Pannalla track........but hey with the posers posing, others not turning up, some saying they locked their cars with the keys inside ( OH Yeah) others who had to recover from Rugby.........

Its da attitude mates.....,and the effort......

Thanks for all the feedback and comments.....GuruG will post the pics ....some good stuff and the videos too......

I dont wanna see another tyre for about 3 months, and I am sure the MFOC Committee will agree as well :)

I dont wanna see another tyre for about 3 months, and I am sure the MFOC Committee will agree as well :)

U bet – I think I still have the headache from all that sun –

We need to give some more time till the next event – by that time I should also have my “Patiya” fixed with out the pulling issue. Hence I ran only 2 laps ( Didn’t want to get the Brand new tires wasted on 1 side only )

Ya where are all the Mazda 3/Axcela’s – Really disappointing man….

Come on guys – Y own a Mazda – least try to come to an event and take part for the brand sake. I would hate to think U guys bought a Mazda 3/Axcella just because U couldn’t afford a Toyota ?????? cus if you had – that would be a crime :violent-smiley-099:

Fords – Guys need your support too – Besides there’s a lot of info u can gather by talking to other users – I know I certainly got my hands on some good info thanks to some members who took the time to drop in- A big Thank U to them.

Please pass on this msg to all Mazda & ford users – We shall look at setting up a registration process – and we shall keep u posted.

Edited by mazdaspeed