• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Known Sti's In Sl

gunat

Of course we did, our business is run in a very professional manner and not your typical dodgy car sale. and that is why we are recognized as premium importers, and sole suppliers to sri lanka's elite. we do not advertise or campaign for car sales but let our reputation speak for itself.

We do not keep any information disclosed or sweep anything under the carpets regarding information of vehicles to the relavant customers.

Majority of the WRX and STI's have been imported by us- and there is a reason why people come to us.

Thanks for confirming that.... anyways I knew u guys would not do something like that. My father-in-law bought his car from you guys 12 years ago, car is still in perfect condition and I think he still brings it there for service.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

can't really blame the cars for the way people drive them.. convert or not.

Totally agreed the converts are as good as the genuine cars & some of them are even better....u cant blame the cars for the fact that some of them are owned by morons

Totally agreed the converts are as good as the genuine cars & some of them are even better....u cant blame the cars for the fact that some of them are owned by morons

Disagree on converts being as good as the genuine car. No matter how much money is put into a conversion, one fact will remain.

The 1500cc chassis is NOT reinforced the way the WRX or STi Cars are- and this is done at the factory- there are additional framework at the suspension turrets, and centre tunnel where the engine-transmission is mounted. That's why they have different chassis notations...because they follow a different line down the assembly plant.

For normal everyday driving, a conversion will be more than adequate....but as it has been said, the limitation *can* appear when the car is being driven on edge.

However, unlike the Lancer to Evo conversion, imprezas are far easier to convert because they are already made to accept the AWD drivetrain, which is available in the smaller engine sizes.

Disagree on converts being as good as the genuine car. No matter how much money is put into a conversion, one fact will remain.

The 1500cc chassis is NOT reinforced the way the WRX or STi Cars are- and this is done at the factory- there are additional framework at the suspension turrets, and centre tunnel where the engine-transmission is mounted. That's why they have different chassis notations...because they follow a different line down the assembly plant.

For normal everyday driving, a conversion will be more than adequate....but as it has been said, the limitation *can* appear when the car is being driven on edge.

However, unlike the Lancer to Evo conversion, imprezas are far easier to convert because they are already made to accept the AWD drivetrain, which is available in the smaller engine sizes.

Then what about the conversion cars running in the SLGT event in sri lanka... arent they driven hard????

I dont think that conversions have a more probability of getting wrecked like a member had tried to point out earlier....

there r enough & more original WRX & STI which have met with bigger accidents.....im sure u would know dat

Edited by Chooti Putha

Did you know the Subaru WRC cars are built using an Impreza chassis.....or used to be.....even the cars of choice for competitors in US Rallies use the GC Impreza and dont necessarily use STI chassis or even WRX chassis!! I would say these are drivers who might be pushing them to the edge and they would know the difference. There maybe a difference in a road convert to a road original but the original can even be outclassed if the re-enforcement is done right on a converted ride. Its a matter of simply removing the paint from certain areas of the chassis where where are spot welds and doubling them, or more. Also simple mods like fender bars and anti roll bars in the right place can help that too....Its all about how its built......dont down talk the converts...after all one of them being driven on the edge is beating everybody else in Sri Lanka and he seems to be doing it with ease...I doubt there's a problem with taking it to the edge.

I doubt whoever is dogging them has driven either the real thing or a convert at the edge.....I'VE DRIVEN BOTH AT THE EDGE

Edited by CMR555

well i dont see the need for someone to point out chassis codes when the others are talking of which gen cars are in the country

Most of the people that I have talked to knows whats a gf-gc8 is. unlike the evolution series, sometimes the sti generations are mentioned by the manufactured year. sometimes by the chassis code. you might get to hear different words from different people which would refer to the same thing. And if you get confused by them, its not the speaker's fault.

Most of the people that I have talked to knows whats a gf-gc8 is. unlike the evolution series, sometimes the sti generations are mentioned by the manufactured year. sometimes by the chassis code. you might get to hear different words from different people which would refer to the same thing. And if you get confused by them, its not the speaker's fault.

I still dont see the relevancy of you talking about the chassis codes when the others are talking about the models....your like "Koheda Yanney Malley Pol"

Also in an earlier post it was mentioned that 301-0020 is a STI5 so tell me what is the point of u r post?????

I still dont see the relevancy of you talking about the chassis codes when the others are talking about the models....your like "Koheda Yanney Malley Pol"

Also in an earlier post it was mentioned that 301-0020 is a STI5 so tell me what is the point of u r post?????

it would sounds like "Koheda Yanney Malley Pol" if you dont know what i meant. if thats the case, start leaning instead of blaming the speaker. I'm not supposed to do researches on how do each person talk and what words they use before posting here. And I simply looked at the first page and then saw that the 301-0020 which is currently owned by myself is mentioned here as a sti 4.

Actually, makes me think that the list should be revised? Not a conversion list btw.

sti 10 RED- Nishan W.

sti 9 RA-R WHITE- Romani

sti 9 spec c WHITE - BRJW

sti 9 BLUE - Darin's sis

sti 9 spec c - one sold to javidh

sti 9 spec c - ratnapura

sti 9 BLUE- sold to ishraq wahab

sti 9 type ra spec c- dasaraj>Dilshan

sti 9 SILVER- car dealer?

sti 8 BLUE- sold to namaz

sti 8 BLUE- Darin

sti 8 BLUE- rushdi

sti 8 spec c WHITE - feroz >rizvi

sti 7 BLUE - sold to nigel >rhamzi> for sale

sti 7 BLUE- greg from uk

sti 7 ra WHITE - to billys friend from singapore

sti 7 BLACK- Andrew

sti 6 type r BLUE - damith>someone?

sti 5 GREY- Romani>gunat>Roshan

sti 5 type r GREY- to arjuna perera

sti 5 BLACK- morutuwa

sti 4 GREY - Sash Dias>new owner?

sti 4 type r - aravinda premadasa > tharindu

sti 3 BLACK- sold to vishva> ?

sti 3 WHITE- sold to some apperal dude from singapore

sti forester blue - nihal hoole

There's a few 9's i'm not sure of...

STI 9 BLACK- ?

STI 9 Champagne- ?

STI 9 Silver/Champagne? No spoiler - KK plates

da coolest if u would have gone through this u would have noticed that it has been mentioned properly even thought it was listed as a STI4 in da beginning... however i still dont see the point for you to be talking about chassis codes when the rest on the forum is simply talking about models....

if u saw that ur car was referred to as a STI4 u could have simply corrected it by stating that its a STI5.....it still seems stupid to me or maybe u wanted to show dat ur da coolest

I really didnt know that you & your friends talk about Subaru's in chassis codes. Do u have a sticker on your car which says GF-GC8 if not you should get one on your boot

Edited by Chooti Putha