• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Known Sti's In Sl

gunat

I really didnt know that you & your friends talk about Subaru's in chassis codes. Do u have a sticker on your car which says GF-GC8 if not you should get one on your boot

Easy man... You made your point, so how about we all take a deep breath and move along?

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really didnt know that you & your friends talk about Subaru's in chassis codes. Do u have a sticker on your car which says GF-GC8 if not you should get one on your boot

next time before i make a thread I will send all the words that I'm gonna use. and will wait for your approval to submit the thread. lol. If mentioning a chassis code in this forum is illegal i hope that an admin/mod will inform me. lol.. Subaru drivers knows what gc8 means. I didn't come here to waste time by arguing with people like you.

would you get a sticker on your forehead saying eg6 ? lol.. if thats the only way to solve your confusion, ask everyone to get a big sticker on their vehicle mentioning their chassis code. lol in future, if you are looking at a thread made by someone about something which makes you confused (chassis codes etc) just leave that thread and go on, please. its a kind request. dont do this ever again. someone who has a better knowledge about that subject will answer to that thread.

recently I met someone at a servrice station and he was trying his best to convince me to change my wheels colors from gold to ash color. Bugger didnt know that the gold paint is the original one. lol. If you dont know about something, just keep your mouth shut. I'm not gonna post any more replies here. Thanks.

Edited by da coolest

next time before i make a thread I will send all the words that I'm gonna use. and will wait for your approval to submit the thread. lol. If mentioning a chassis code in this forum is illegal i hope that an admin/mod will inform me. lol.. Subaru drivers knows what gc8 means. I didn't come here to waste time by arguing with people like you.

would you get a sticker on your forehead saying eg6 ? lol.. if thats the only way to solve your confusion, ask everyone to get a big sticker on their vehicle mentioning their chassis code. lol in future, if you are looking at a thread made by someone about something which makes you confused (chassis codes etc) just leave that thread and go on, please. its a kind request. dont do this ever again. someone who has a better knowledge about that subject will answer to that thread.

recently I met someone at a servrice station and he was trying his best to convince me to change my wheels colors from gold to ash color. Bugger didnt know that the gold paint is the original one. lol. If you dont know about something, just keep your mouth shut. I'm not gonna post any more replies here. Thanks.

Oh im sorry if i hurt u r feelings da coolest. I shall take your advice when posting on AL here after. maybe u should start a thread called "known STI chassis codes in SL"

& also lets tell all da Subaru owners to start referring to their cars by chassis codes & not by the generation of it.....

Then what about the conversion cars running in the SLGT event in sri lanka... arent they driven hard????

I dont think that conversions have a more probability of getting wrecked like a member had tried to point out earlier....

there r enough & more original WRX & STI which have met with bigger accidents.....im sure u would know dat

've said converted cars *CAN* get into a twist, not will (hence the asterisks)

Did you know the Subaru WRC cars are built using an Impreza chassis.....or used to be.....even the cars of choice for competitors in US Rallies use the GC Impreza and dont necessarily use STI chassis or even WRX chassis!! I would say these are drivers who might be pushing them to the edge and they would know the difference. There maybe a difference in a road convert to a road original but the original can even be outclassed if the re-enforcement is done right on a converted ride. Its a matter of simply removing the paint from certain areas of the chassis where where are spot welds and doubling them, or more. Also simple mods like fender bars and anti roll bars in the right place can help that too....Its all about how its built......dont down talk the converts...after all one of them being driven on the edge is beating everybody else in Sri Lanka and he seems to be doing it with ease...I doubt there's a problem with taking it to the edge.

I doubt whoever is dogging them has driven either the real thing or a convert at the edge.....I'VE DRIVEN BOTH AT THE EDGE

Welcome to the forum!

Again, no argument to those cars built for a purpose- with a experienced driver at the wheel!

In the 90's/ early 2000, US Teams used the regular chassis because Subaru did not officially sell the STI/WRX in the US market- until years later.

Same goes for the local example. In the right hands, sky's the limit.

And just for the record buddy, I owned a STI, however not a conversion :)

In my opinion the convert route is the most cost effective and bang for buck.if its a race car then it shouldnt be too bad because you can just strip the whole shell and seam weld the car and with the right amount of bracing add strength to the chassis.

However if its a road car to get converts to drive and feel like the original while having the same build quality is really difficult and almost impossible. Anyone having the option would take an original over a convert. However converts give the same thrill for half the price.

Huh? Who is driving a convert in SLGT and beating everyone with ease. In SLGT no one beats anyone with ease what ever the car etc. I dont recall anyone having a significant advantage in SLGT

Edited by darinwrxsti

Oh im sorry if i hurt u r feelings da coolest. I shall take your advice when posting on AL here after. maybe u should start a thread called "known STI chassis codes in SL"

& also lets tell all da Subaru owners to start referring to their cars by chassis codes & not by the generation of it.....

yeh and you can start honda civic chassis code as well if you like. wherever i go, there are always jobless people like you always looking for a chance to give "koheda yanne malle pol" talks! and thanks for everything. specially for sharing your knowledge about sti chassis code, how about starting a new discussion about your honda chassis code now? please, if you dont have any thing else to do, do not waste others time.

yeh and you can start honda civic chassis code as well if you like. wherever i go, there are always jobless people like you always looking for a chance to give "koheda yanne malle pol" talks! and thanks for everything. specially for sharing your knowledge about sti chassis code, how about starting a new discussion about your honda chassis code now? please, if you dont have any thing else to do, do not waste others time.

haha look whos talking da coolest man in SL who has alot of work to do & your the one who started wasting other peoples time with your baseless comments..... saying that u & ur friends talk about Subaru's reffering to them with their chassis codes & not model wise...dude grow up & stop wasting other peoples time by saying dumb & false things like dat

Hi Machan,

Well i use my sti 8 to drive around as well, my sis rar and the sti blue forester is around too

Thanks! :) I thought you might have got a 10 by now. So all are blue?

Damn the RAR is really quick, and the way it goes around corners is really beyond belief

Does that mean your sis has a faster car than you?? :D

Btw, what converts do you mean exactly? blink.gif WRX to STi, Impreza to STi or Impreza to WRX? And is it only the EJ20 cars converted or have even the others?

Come on man! The dude- 'Chooti Putha' backed off and moved on. Its about time you did too please...

Thanks! :) I thought you might have got a 10 by now. So all are blue?

got a yellow sti x spec c down, but it was sold

Does that mean your sis has a faster car than you?? :D

Btw, what converts do you mean exactly? blink.gif WRX to STi, Impreza to STi or Impreza to WRX? And is it only the EJ20 cars converted or have even the others?

My sis rar - is white

My car is blue

my sis car is very fast and after i drove it i give rar the respect is deserves.

will let u know which one is faster after we do a family drag first

Edited by darinwrxsti

...Its all about how its built......dont down talk the converts...after all one of them being driven on the edge is beating everybody else in Sri Lanka and he seems to be doing it with ease...I doubt there's a problem with taking it to the edge.

I doubt whoever is dogging them has driven either the real thing or a convert at the edge.....I'VE DRIVEN BOTH AT THE EDGE

Hi CMR555 -- can we know of whom or of which car you are posting about? thanks

've said converted cars *CAN* get into a twist, not will (hence the asterisks)

Welcome to the forum!

Again, no argument to those cars built for a purpose- with a experienced driver at the wheel!

In the 90's/ early 2000, US Teams used the regular chassis because Subaru did not officially sell the STI/WRX in the US market- until years later.

Same goes for the local example. In the right hands, sky's the limit.

And just for the record buddy, I owned a STI, however not a conversion :)

Again, as I've seen on this forum people talk too much without knowing and it really annoys me but I am going to reply with a bit of respect for you since you seem to be a beginner with these cars. Early 90's and 2000 is not what I am talking about. Right now.....even at this moment there are impreza versions being built into converted WRX's or STI's to be used for competition.....time attacks.....and circuit racing.....I have proof and those who know me know what proof I am talking about. But its not long ago it is still happening today. The reason they used the impreza may have had also to do with there not being those models here but the main reason above all is that they are light and if you are gonna build a race car thats the perfect place to start. Because in racing re-enforcing a chassis roll cage and many other chassis modifications is a must and using a stock sti or wrx would be a heavy and expensive place to start because they'd be cutting up the car to get it light enough before they start doing anything else.

You own an STI?? Well I have owned every type of WRX ever made GC.....GD.....and I have built converts.....and driven all types. So owning one WRX gives you to right to talk as if you know about the whole model line up and converts? Again....a final thing.....the GDB and the GFB versions of the WRX seem to regarded very highly for having the stronger and more rigid chassis.....but to this date the much older GC......is the most successful rally car out of the lot of Subaru's to ever compete and mind you this is when they ran much much rougher rallies like the Safari.....

Edited by CMR555

Clearly you're the leading authority on all things WRX and STI. I stand corrected.

Thanks but I dont claim to be an authority on anything. But dont forget the WRX, the Sti's The Evo's all are based on production series 4 door or 2 door family cars. Thats what make them great. So dont go making the subject even more difficult than it has to be. If you want one you can build it. The Japanese were nothing but innovators. They changed the worlds thinking about high performance cars with these models of vehicle. The basic designs on the original GC sti's and Evo3's and so on are now very old technology and can be duplicated pretty easily in a half decent garage. Dont sell the conversions short.....you'll be very wrong to underestimate one of em too....

Hi CMR555 -- can we know of whom or of which car you are posting about? thanks

The convert that has beaten everybody in SL is Ashan's Evo3......Even though at the last Katu he had reliability issues....the true potential and speed of his car was shown in the previous Katu where he embarrassed the rest of the pack, coming from last on the grid to take the win, then again second race he won from the front even after making many mistakes inside the goose neck. I am an ardent Subaru fan....but I give credit where its due. To add to that I know Ashan's car at the last Katu had major problems and the only chink in his armor is and has always been reliability because he is a last minute half way job kinda guy.....

You guys speak as if you guys never go to watch races and dont know about Ashan's Evo 3 being a conversion???

Edited by CMR555

You guys speak as if you guys never go to watch races and dont know about Ashan's Evo 3 being a conversion???

Nope - didn't know.

My question was not to challenge you CMR555 - just out of curiosity.

Actually what prompted me to ask you were the 2 'bold' facts mentioned --i.e. beating everybody else in Sri Lanka AND----- and he seems to be doing it with ease.

OT -- Actually i dont want to argue you over this- but i dont agree with your argument.[for one thing - its 'not easy' to win] I would say it would be down to 'driving skills' of the driver rather than whether its a conversion or not. I agree the car should be in very good competing condition. But according to SLAADAR all cars cannot have an unfair edge over others. Therefore the cars are on par. Therefore its down to driving skills IMO.

Nope - didn't know.

My question was not to challenge you CMR555 - just out of curiosity.

Actually what prompted me to ask you were the 2 'bold' facts mentioned --i.e. beating everybody else in Sri Lanka AND----- and he seems to be doing it with ease.

OT -- Actually i dont want to argue you over this- but i dont agree with your argument.[for one thing - its 'not easy' to win] I would say it would be down to 'driving skills' of the driver rather than whether its a conversion or not. I agree the car should be in very good competing condition. But according to SLAADAR all cars cannot have an unfair edge over others. Therefore the cars are on par. Therefore its down to driving skills IMO.

Wow.....there's a statement that demands argument.....but I'll give you one statement that will answer all that. SLARDAR and whoever else in the governing bodies may assume that the methods of limiting of modifications has created an even playing field but they definitely have not. The battle of SL-GT can be won in two ways.....and the current war is being waged from both sides. One method is the most spent on the best car and the other is the least spent on the lightest car.....Either way the driver must be skilled....but sometimes an average driver in a car with 100bhp more or a 150kg less can prove to be so much better by the cars advantage alone. I hope you realize the truth of this statement.....classification of modifications in SL-GT by far does not make it an event won by the better driver all the time.

Edited by CMR555

• 8 months later...