• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Wrc

Devinda_Z

Why do you guys worry about it being a Hatchback or not? All the newer WRC cars are hatchbacks except for the EvoX. And They also might go that way by the look of things.

Nothing wrong with being a hatchback. Its just that the current offering from Subaru looks a bit well, ordinary to say the least; it just doesn't have the presence of its predecessor. Hatchbacks can look awesome (the Alfa Romeo Bravia comes to mind...) but this one in my opinion kind of falls short.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong with being a hatchback. Its just that the current offering from Subaru looks a bit well, ordinary to say the least; it just doesn't have the presence of its predecessor. Hatchbacks can look awesome (the Alfa Romeo Bravia comes to mind...) but this one in my opinion kind of falls short.

Alfa Romeo Brera you mean :)

alfa-romeo-brera-s1.jpg

.....want one of those....

ok ok, i'll be realistic and will settle to simply have those rims on a nice 156 :) or even a 147 perhaps (we've got one of those here right? :huh:)

Alfa Romeo Brera you mean :)

alfa-romeo-brera-s1.jpg

.....want one of those....

ok ok, i'll be realistic and will settle to simply have those rims on a nice 156 :) or even a 147 perhaps (we've got one of those here right? :huh:)

Wow.. Is that sex on wheels or what! :blink::rolleyes: Gorgeous.. ah well.. for me realistically I'll take the STi 10 thanks very much :D:lol:

Man ain't this topic gone OT.. :mellow::fly:

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Logged into the WRC official page after a while upon hearing how well Petter Solberg was doing with his Privateer team and came across a truly sad picture when i clicked on the Manufacturers tab.... :(

wrcmanufactuererspage.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Dont worry Devinda, Mini is returning next year, and they are to run a few rallies this year to test their cars.

With the move to Super2000 there will be others who will join the bandwagon. They will all be 1600cc turbo cars from next year.

Dont worry Devinda, Mini is returning next year, and they are to run a few rallies this year to test their cars.

With the move to Super2000 there will be others who will join the bandwagon. They will all be 1600cc turbo cars from next year.

hmmm 1600 :(

but as long as there are more makes taking part!

...i miss the tales of the group B days & the mid 90's actual road going rally cars!

• 2 weeks later...
Mini :)

Saab

VW

&

Toyota then?

much better.... but i saw 2013 somewhere in there :mellow:

but still no SWRT :(

Yes all of the above. I think the others running the S2000 category will also join, like Fiat and Skoda.

2013 is because they need time to get their cars right to compete, as they have been out of WRC.

What will be interesting to see is who will drive for the new entrants. I think it will be 3 member teams if I'm not mistaken.

On SWRT; I think its Prodrive who are doing the Mini for the WRC. So dont think they will come out with a Subaru.

coming colours may not be so bad after all....

Volkswagen Scirocco R's WRC rally debut

Hottest Volkswagen Scirocco, the 261bhp, 155mph R, makes an appearance at WRC rally

By Stephen Dobie 25th August 2010

car_photo_390343_25.jpg

Volkswagen has given the Scirocco R performance coupe its rallying debut. The bio-powered car appeared at WRC Rally Germany as a course car, so didn’t compete, but dropped major hints (and fuelled ongoing rumours) that VW will officially enter the WRC, perhaps from 2011.

car_photo_390340_25.jpg

car_photo_390337_25.jpg

The car uses the 2-litre TSI turbocharged petrol engine from the Scirocco road car, but the Cup racing version runs on natural gas, cutting carbon emissions by a whopping 80 per cent while producing an extra 10bhp, taking the R’s total power output to 271bhp.

car_photo_390334_25.jpg

Some rallying modifications allowed the Scirocco Cup car to entertain spectators with a couple of demonstration runs in Germany, with legendary WRC pilot Carlos Sainz and VW Touareg off-road racer Nasser Al-Attiyah sharing the driving duties.

car_photo_390331_25.jpg

Sainz said – ‘It was nice to take an excursion into the WRC world again. I saw many old acquaintances and many familiar faces again and used the opportunity for an exchange with old companions from my days in the World Rally Championship. Being allowed to open the course with the Scirocco was an honour for Volkswagen and of course for me as well.’

[imghttp://photos.evo.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_780/car_photo_390322_25.jpg[/img]

car_photo_390328_25.jpg

While the Scirocco’s appearance no doubt whetted appetites for its appearance next year in full rallying colours, that won’t be able to happen: the car is too big for the new 2011 regulations. That doesn’t rule out a wide-arched 1.6 turbo Polo GTI appearing, though…

http://photos.evo.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_780/car_photo_390325_25.jpg[/imh]

Source : http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/256261/v...ally_debut.html

wonder if anyone in sunny SL will get one down :huh: -

Not till the whole corolla/sunny/axio obsession's over :D

But I've been seeing them around as of late and yep gotta agree dam good looking car. Love the rear styling...

Edited by Dilesh

• 1 month later...