• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Starlet Gt Engine Miss After Washing!

priya

Anyway its better to have one mechanic for a car, its bad to take to dozens of people, so priya i seen u at Nilantha so this time why didnt u contact him ?

Muchung I find it very difficult to travel to Moratuwa from kelaniya for small repairs and even big ones. I came to Nilantha since the car was originally repaired by him. Actually I found a good mechanic close to my place! So I prefer to take advantage of close proximity.

Muchung I find it very difficult to travel to Moratuwa from kelaniya for small repairs and even big ones. I came to Nilantha since the car was originally repaired by him. Actually I found a good mechanic close to my place! So I prefer to take advantage of close proximity.

yeah but for plugs just give him a call cus he may have the Plugs u looking for, maybr slightly used one, for plugs dnt pay that much machan, anyway yeah i understand how dificult to travel from Kelaniya, even from Attidiya there are 6Km

I dont think so ..Because here its $29 + $35.35 for International delivery adds upto $64.35 = Rs:6885/=. I got it for 29UK pounds which is Rs:6148/=

:rolleyes:

Don't put NGK plugs to Toyota. Use only ND (Nippon Denso) it has a difference. Toyota only recommends ND.

I dont think so ..Because here its $29 + $35.35 for International delivery adds upto $64.35 = Rs:6885/=. I got it for 29UK pounds which is Rs:6148/=

how long will you have to wait for the plugs?

i spoke to Douglas & Sons a short while ago - they have the plugs in stock!

Rs. 6300 /=

might have been easier for you to simply have gone straight to their outlet in Panchikawatte and picked it up in the first place don't you think?

I know Zackie is looking for Nissans to do performance upgrades on :)

However, if ur not looking at perf upgrades, I know a couple of dudes who live in the area, so can ask where they go if you tell me what you wanna do.

I know Zackie is looking for Nissans to do performance upgrades on :)

However, if ur not looking at perf upgrades, I know a couple of dudes who live in the area, so can ask where they go if you tell me what you wanna do.

so are we to expect a vzr with a tic any time soon? :)

Thalawatugoda - the jungle <_< in the urban nation!

But can travel if garage is good.

Pradfred , why not simply take it to A*W ????? :mellow:

i've dealt with them for the past few years and have no complaints- and the whole "agent rip you off" tag doesn't quite apply here cuz the prices of parts espcially are most acceptable and the quality of work i've found to be quite acceptable

i've dealt with them for the past few years and have no complaints- and the whole "agent rip you off" tag doesn't quite apply here cuz the prices of parts espcially are most acceptable and the quality of work i've found to be quite acceptable

Yeah D

Excellent point . Slipped up there I never thought of them. I know those guys personally as well and you are right.

Ok will send her there then, cheers

Pradfred

Yeah D

Excellent point . Slipped up there I never thought of them. I know those guys personally as well and you are right.

Ok will send her there then, cheers

Pradfred

This is just for information for everybody.

One of my friend had the same problem after washing his Starlet Reflet engine. His engine also missing with with pop sound from the silencer. When he went to a mechanic just nearby he removed the timing belt cover and did something inside. friend has very little knowledge on automobile and the mechanic explained him there was a loosen wheel at the timing belt mechanism and it has repaired.

However the problem remains and he went to Mr.La* Alaw*****a. He advised him to replace the timing belt. Since the vehicle has done 87000km, i also advised him its worth to replace the belt just because I also beleive Mr.La* must be correct. When the timing belt replacing I also went there to see the capabilities of Mr.La*'s place. I was there until they completely replace the timing belt and after replacing the problem still remains. I went to Mr.La* who is usually in the office and tell him the situation. He just told me "No need to hurry. I will do the needful". Then I advised my friend to not to take the car out without correcting the problem and returned to my office.

After checking here and there technicians decided to do EFI tuning to correct the problem. Finally they did EFI tuning and were able to solve the missing matter. And the final bill was Rs.22000/-.

This is just for information for all. This was happen yesterday.

Would like to update the story. Yesterday night I got a call from my friend saying the problem is still remains. Planned to go to the same guy today and will update the result for information for everybody.

Anyway does anybody have an idea about the mentioned matter? After washing the engine, there was a different sound coming from the engine. It was not actually a mis. But after about 2 days his engine does not start. And once went to a mechanic nearby he did some adjustment in timing belt housing. Now it has a "pop" sound coming from the silencer when the car is idling.

According to my knowledge, there may be valve timing problem or a problem with distributor. The pop sound just like when burning gas in the chamber when exhaust valve is open. I told this to Mr.La* also. He just refused me by saying "mama balaa gannam." Any ideas please.

hmmm i wonder what he could do with the Z.....

daft question, but would this fall under the F.O.C category? :)

I dunno. Since he is on the forums, can some one tell him to put a reply for that? :D

yours already has a piggyback yes?

I'd prefer to not discuss the details of car mods and reasons in public dude :D Put me a msg on FB. Not the wall :D

Edited by Pericles

hmmm i wonder what he could do with the Z.....

daft question, but would this fall under the F.O.C category? :)

FYI the 300Z comes with a tuner friendly ecu, if you haven't heard the old chinese saying "Good things no cheap, Cheap things no good"

FYI the 300Z comes with a tuner friendly ecu, if you haven't heard the old chinese saying "Good things no cheap, Cheap things no good"

duly noted :)

will get in touch with you toward the end of June - would like very much to have you take a look at things & see if any optimizing could be done :)

• 3 months later...

Just had a small miss in my Corolla. Check the plugs and it was pretty bad! it came with NGK Iridiums originally. normally iridium s lasts around 75,000-80,000 Kms. bought Denso Iridium s from Toyota Lanka it's around 1200/- a Piece if i can remember correct (First i look for the NGK Iridiums as it came with the engine). when fitting plugs i think you should use a torque wrench and follow the specific torques to tighten plugs. specially with Aluminum Alloy Engine blocks.

Edited by Ruslan