• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Breaking News

ash

btw guys... is the petrol shortage still there?

last night i tried to pump can couldn't cos the darn queues were too long... Today most sheds were out of petrol...

got lil over a quarter tank and that's it :(

There are still long queues in most places.. In fact I saw a CPC bowser inside the fuel station at Union Place.. But not sure whether it was diesel or petrol.. For all you desperate people it might be worth a try. <_<

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gummy and Ash

if i'm not wrong.. the three heavy weights are the SC, the parliament and the executive president...

i think this is why the president can even set a convict free even when the SC has ruled to keep the bugger behind bars... So don't think SC can work on it's own...

Remember what happened to road blocks and road closures :)

and as far as elections are concerned... with the may media is been used under present administration, they won't loose elections...

Majority will back em up as long as war progress is made... actually even without any progress they can still easily win with a bit of creative manipulation

Its like this, SC cannot order the parliament, but can instruct them on matters. But Prez is above all. So if parliament says no fuel price reduction then so it will be. If it was only one Minister then the SC would have put a case against the said person for contempt of court like what happened to SB and recently the case against Ranil.

Well yes infact they will justify the high petrol price by saying it all goes to the war effort., but for how long do we have to wait. Hence there will come a time where people will be fed up with hearing the same song while suffering.

The reality of the Govt is that they are struggling to source finances for the war and for the well being of them. All reserves in the country has gone for this. So only way out is to tax fuel which every person pays for come what the price maybe.

i think its time for the opposition to step up and give the suffering people some hope. This has not been happening recently, yes the Govt has a scape goat for everything but people should realise the reality sooner or later.

My question is why not scrap the Mihin Lanka air line there by saving money for the country, if they do not want to admit the mistake now, then atleast till the country finishes the war and comes out of this bad economic hole. Its amazing that SL survived so far when the global economy failed, but for how long will we be able to hold on.

Latest news…

The cabinet has decided NOT TO reduce the petrol prices going against the SC decision. :violent-smiley-099:

A special decision to be taken by the cabinet according to news sources. Don’t know regarding what?

Edited by ash

I just don’t believe this shit –

On the news – the petrol shed owners are saying that they have placed orders and CPC is not delivering the stocks- On the other hand CPC says that they are willing AND distributing stock but the shed owners are not ordering ….

Who’s saying what ??????

I’m no in to a political party but let’s face it – although UNP tried to reduce fuel – now most people are without fuel ……. Looks like I have to cancel my trip

F%&*$#@ m Sri Lanka politics and management :angry:

spent over 1 hour in the queue last night only to get 30ft away from the shed to find out they had just run out :violent-smiley-099:

luckily a nice bloke was driving around close to queue and telling drivers that a shed neat unon place pizza hut was having fuel minus the queue...

So quickly went there, pumped full tank :) at least for a week i'm sorted :) :)

and man what a joke the administration of SL have become...

screw prices and at least have the bloody thing available for folks who are willing to pay the old/higher price :angry-smiley-024:

big wigs are playing political games while smaller folks have to suffer...as always :violent-smiley-099::violent-smiley-030:

So it seems that reducing fuel prices would mean loss of revenue for the Govt and its a conspiracy against the war effort.

If they are so bothered by the revenue there is a certain revenue sucking black hole called Mihin Air that can be closed off.

:action-smiley-060:

Let's see what will happen now

well petrol wont be lowered to 100 bucks for sure... government will go against the SC ruling and will get the cabinet involved and somehow find a loop hole that saves SC's face and also that of the government...

SC will most probably lay low for a while and not do this sorta thing again any time soon...

luckily a nice bloke was driving around close to queue and telling drivers that a shed neat unon place pizza hut was having fuel minus the queue...

So quickly went there, pumped full tank :) at least for a week i'm sorted :) :)

Guess I was right then.. This was the very shed I mentioned yesterday where I saw a bowser parked inside.. Not much of an queue there today either.. <_<

If they are so bothered by the revenue there is a certain revenue sucking black hole called Mihin Air that can be closed off.

Problem is Peri, they dont want to admit that they were wrong with Mihin.

Also now they blame the public for shouting regarding the fuel issue, and you can see that they talk of nothing about the loss Mihin has made.

My point is to scrap Mihin till we are through these bad times and maybe start off later when things are good if they insist on having a budget airline.

Look at the world, Subaru, Suzuki pulls out of WRC, Honda from F1 and they have scrapped the new NSX and so has Toyota with the Supra.... why cant our fools learn from them.

Problem is Peri, they dont want to admit that they were wrong with Mihin.

Also now they blame the public for shouting regarding the fuel issue, and you can see that they talk of nothing about the loss Mihin has made.

My point is to scrap Mihin till we are through these bad times and maybe start off later when things are good if they insist on having a budget airline.

Look at the world, Subaru, Suzuki pulls out of WRC, Honda from F1 and they have scrapped the new NSX and so has Toyota with the Supra.... why cant our fools learn from them.

Coz they are fools man. And whats even sadder is that they are elected fools. What can you call people who elect fools?

got it filled up...from IOC Panadura...a few sheds here and there have stuff. not much of a queue also, fill start queuing up once offices close for the day and with weekend traffic! if ppl know of any other places close to colombo please post...would help the the masses

Gummy and Ash

if i'm not wrong.. the three heavy weights are the SC, the parliament and the executive president...

i think this is why the president can even set a convict free even when the SC has ruled to keep the bugger behind bars... So don't think SC can work on it's own...

Remember what happened to road blocks and road closures :)

and as far as elections are concerned... with the may media is been used under present administration, they won't loose elections...

Majority will back em up as long as war progress is made... actually even without any progress they can still easily win with a bit of creative manipulation

According to the constitution the tree main elements are the executive (president), the legislature (parliament) and the judiciary. For the democratic framework to work smoothly these three institutions needs to be in sync. That’s why every new bill that is presented to the parliament needs the approval of these three elements i.e. 50% majority in the parliament, approval of attorney general and the president.

Saying that as Mr. Kirialla rightfully put it during the press conference no one is above the law, but the executive does hold certain privileges. The biggest one been he can’t be brought before the court of law hence why none of the FRP’s contain the executive as a respondent. I am though not too sure weather he can actually overturn a court judgment.

The bottom line is the above mentioned three institutions need to work in harmony. Current situation has turned into somewhat of a tug of war and it has created an imbalance in the system.

What I don’t understand is the governments’ thought process especially in the wake of two PC polls and a possible general election in few months time. I can only think of three reasons

1. to send a message to the public, sort of to show who’s the boss. If so that just shows how arrogant MR is.

2. government got too much faith in the public’s ‘fake patriotism’

3. government/economy is financially broke

Brace your selves’ boys we are in for yet another rollercoaster ride.