• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Breaking News

ash

News.

Oil prices slide down to $82 y'day.

Still our govt is holding on.

:angry-smiley-024:

this is a time the opposition REALLY should be up in arms, instead of tooting horns when the price goes up..

in a way people deserve a government like this, if they arent even willing to stand up for something as simple as this, and just simply keeps bending over all the time. I bet the next time a barrel hits 100 again the prices will go up and they gov will just say "prices have gone up in the world market hence the increase"

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is a time the opposition REALLY should be up in arms, instead of tooting horns when the price goes up..

in a way people deserve a government like this, if they arent even willing to stand up for something as simple as this, and just simply keeps bending over all the time. I bet the next time a barrel hits 100 again the prices will go up and they gov will just say "prices have gone up in the world market hence the increase"

Very true

and it's quite ironic that the government media which kindly kept us updated 24/7 on the oil prices when it was going up with a special ticker on their screen havent heard the news of it going down again :angry:

Very true

and it's quite ironic that the government media which kindly kept us updated 24/7 on the oil prices when it was going up with a special ticker on their screen havent heard the news of it going down again :angry:

Yeah I saw That on Rupavahini News Session. Justifying the price hike, "Look the Oil Prices has gone up, so we got no choice" :angry-smiley-024:

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone else notice this??

Carpooling in Sri Lanka! :o

http://www.carpool.lk/

http://www.dailynews.lk/2008/10/27/news50.asp

Carpooling Website launched

Carpooling might sound alien to us in a speck but, it is being used widely around the world for sharing a car with multiple travellers.

Formal carpool projects have been around in a structured form since the mid 1970s and it has grown to an extent that it serves as a platform for travelling in various cities locally and even internationally.

Carpooling consists of at least two commuters who ride share to and from a specific route, using their personal vehicles by either sharing the driving/riding or driving/riding only.

The advantages of a carpooling system extend even up to communal level.

It helps improve the region's air quality by removing a considerable amount of air pollutants caused by unnecessary travels of vehicles.

Carpool.lk has thoroughly concentrated on the safety measures which could be taken from the administrators' eligibility to provide the best support and security for the users of the web system.

Carpool.lk is for better commute and quality of life! So why wait? Join today and be a part of the difference! www.carpool.lk.

Did anyone else notice this??

Carpooling in Sri Lanka! :o

http://www.carpool.lk/

http://www.dailynews.lk/2008/10/27/news50.asp

Carpooling Website launched

Carpooling might sound alien to us in a speck but, it is being used widely around the world for sharing a car with multiple travellers.

Formal carpool projects have been around in a structured form since the mid 1970s and it has grown to an extent that it serves as a platform for travelling in various cities locally and even internationally.

Carpooling consists of at least two commuters who ride share to and from a specific route, using their personal vehicles by either sharing the driving/riding or driving/riding only.

The advantages of a carpooling system extend even up to communal level.

It helps improve the region's air quality by removing a considerable amount of air pollutants caused by unnecessary travels of vehicles.

Carpool.lk has thoroughly concentrated on the safety measures which could be taken from the administrators' eligibility to provide the best support and security for the users of the web system.

Carpool.lk is for better commute and quality of life! So why wait? Join today and be a part of the difference! www.carpool.lk.

Wow.. never thought that this would be launched in such a scale.. Car pooling is all about coordination and hope this site will be able to do this in an effective manner..

Although my gut feeling is this wont catch up as Sri Lankans are Sri Lankans and a car is not just a "way of getting to work".. Just my two cents tho..

Better get the ministers with all the fuel guzzling machines to join this and ride to the parliament together.. :angry-smiley-048:

Better get the ministers with all the fuel guzzling machines to join this and ride to the parliament together.. :angry-smiley-048:

that'll be the day the pigs fly.

these buffoons can't even coordinate properly to get the maximum use when the road leading to the parliament from kolpity is closed for an hour during parliament days just so one single government henchman can get in and out safely.

• 4 weeks later...

Webber injured in road accident

source- http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/72213

R*D B*LL Racing driver Mark Webber is in a Tasmanian hospital after sustaining injuries in a road accident during the Mark Webber Pure Tasmania Challenge today.

The Australian was involved in a head-on collision with a 4WD while riding his mountain bike during today's stage near the historic Port Arthur township.

He was airlifted by helicopter to Royal Hobart hospital where he is in a stable condition. It is believed he has suffered a broken leg, with possible breaks in his arms as well.

"Mark's been involved in a minor accident, he's fine," said Webber Challenge media manager Nancy Cook. "He's being treated, he's really disappointed that he's not going to be able to continue but he's well and being looked after."

Webber was competing in his own charity event when the collision occurred, which covers 250 km over five days, involving mountain biking, kayaking and trekking, this year's event the fourth time it has been held.

Webber's injuries are likely to see him out of action for the rest of the year.

Webber injured in road accident

source- http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/72213

R*D B*LL Racing driver Mark Webber is in a Tasmanian hospital after sustaining injuries in a road accident during the Mark Webber Pure Tasmania Challenge today.

The Australian was involved in a head-on collision with a 4WD while riding his mountain bike during today's stage near the historic Port Arthur township.

He was airlifted by helicopter to Royal Hobart hospital where he is in a stable condition. It is believed he has suffered a broken leg, with possible breaks in his arms as well.

"Mark's been involved in a minor accident, he's fine," said Webber Challenge media manager Nancy Cook. "He's being treated, he's really disappointed that he's not going to be able to continue but he's well and being looked after."

Webber was competing in his own charity event when the collision occurred, which covers 250 km over five days, involving mountain biking, kayaking and trekking, this year's event the fourth time it has been held.

Webber's injuries are likely to see him out of action for the rest of the year.

poor fella

but at least now he'll have reasonable excuse for not making it onto the podium!

GSP+ not extended

The EU clarified today that the GSP+ concession has not been extended, but will automatically remain until the conclusion of the ongoing probe.

http://www.dailymirror.lk/DM_BLOG/Sections...spx?ARTID=33941

this'll shift the garment industry from the frying pan straight to fire. probe will only buy us bit of time i don’t see any light at the end of the tunnel. G.L. better start rolling out that 150 mil he promised

now chinthanaya will get on top of a stage and scream on top of his lungs that colonials are tiring to divide this country.

Careful xXx, while you are in our beloved country keep a low profile. As the Chinthanaya fails as it was bound to from the first day and certain individuals become desperate to cling on to power screaming wont be the only thing Chinthanaya is going to do or have to do to retain power.

Careful xXx, while you are in our beloved country keep a low profile. As the Chinthanaya fails as it was bound to from the first day and certain individuals become desperate to cling on to power screaming wont be the only thing Chinthanaya is going to do or have to do to retain power.

On the contrary we need to shout about it as much as we can. This is the problem with all of us - me included of course. We are so un-involved as a public! Of course there's a risk....but you know the saying no risk, no return!

Next year is going to be real doom and gloom with commodity prices crashing, GSP+ loss and the US recession. My head spins when I think of it. (Btw interesting stat prior to GSP+ our garment exports to the EU was $1.3bn and after it grew to 2.8bn)

And if I'm to believe some of the pals I've met from the military....... there is a long long way to go! And many suspect that we will not be able to finance it much longer.

On the contrary we need to shout about it as much as we can. This is the problem with all of us - me included of course. We are so un-involved as a public! Of course there's a risk....but you know the saying no risk, no return!

Next year is going to be real doom and gloom with commodity prices crashing, GSP+ loss and the US recession. My head spins when I think of it. (Btw interesting stat prior to GSP+ our garment exports to the EU was $1.3bn and after it grew to 2.8bn)

And if I'm to believe some of the pals I've met from the military....... there is a long long way to go! And many suspect that we will not be able to finance it much longer.

i was watching the swarnawahini news with thier correspondent who is embeded in one of the front line units and was almost sold!

hmmm but look what a stew the thai's have gotten themselves into by acting on thier convictions :wako:

i was watching the swarnawahini news with thier correspondent who is embeded in one of the front line units and was almost sold!

hmmm but look what a stew the thai's have gotten themselves into by acting on thier convictions :wako:

Thai SC has given a ruling dissolving parliament and Banning PM and key players from politics for five years... so the thai's convictions have actually achieved something...

Too bad chinthanaya and his head honchos are rather better at sweeping their misdeeds under the carpet and at the same time playing the "patriotism" card for all they're worth... ensures that they'll continue to fool most of the people all of the time!

Thai SC has given a ruling dissolving parliament and Banning PM and key players from politics for five years... so the thai's convictions have actually achieved something...

http://www.dailymirror.lk/DM_BLOG/Sections...spx?ARTID=33940

Too bad chinthanaya and his head honchos are rather better at sweeping their misdeeds under the carpet and at the same time playing the "patriotism" card for all they're worth... ensures that they'll continue to fool most of the people all of the time!

you got a point. i certainly do not fancy ending up in a white van or in the hands of 'mahason balakaya' lol. its so frustrating that people can be so blind

you got it spot on mate. we are in for one heck of a ride next year. Undoubtedly the worst economic crisis in SL history.

the way i see it chinthanaya got all his eggs in one basket. that's his fatal mistake. his plan is to somehow liberate wanni (or atleast show that wanni is liberated) and then use the foreign aid that's gona pour in to rebuild wanni to boost the economy. by doing this he has the added advantage of looking like king dutugamunu and portray himself as the one who united SL. he has failed to understand that all of this can backfire if the economy gives out. i think that's where we are heading.

On a slightly more upbeat note... Petrol is to reduce by another 20 bucks today... every little bit helps i guess.

Since the SC has ordered to withhold payments to banks regarding hedging deal, the full profit slice is enjoyed by the Ceypetco/govt. Can’t they give us a better deal?

Or am I being too greedy, :pardon: too fast…

At least something is better than nothing.