• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Landrover 110 Pick Up Or Landcruiser Pick Up

Velocity

can't argue with your line of thinking bro :)

but in terms of the price i highly doubt it'll be that cheap :( ...would be nice if it were though :)

yeah, but i guess ma budget is max 3.7.

This is landy pick up by the way.

417deffsingleay9.jpg

LAKSHAN has some nice interesting videos too on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdJhqinMp2g...feature=related

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that LR with english number reg plates are in immaculate condition (atleast from outside) was it brought brand new?

No i don't think so

The agents didn't import any Double/Crew Cab 110's for civilian use - and not anything around 200-2002 (as the plate would suggest , If it were a B/New vehicle)

The only Brand New import LR 110 Crew Cabs i've seen around are used by various ministires and the PSD/MSD etc

No i don't think so

The agents didn't import any Double/Crew Cab 110's for civilian use - and not anything around 200-2002 (as the plate would suggest , If it were a B/New vehicle)

The only Brand New import LR 110 Crew Cabs i've seen around are used by various ministires and the PSD/MSD etc

z did you check out that video, machan why doesnt that pick up get stuck in the mud at all,

i am sure its becuase of the tires. I am correct. also i guess its takes less effort to power the small wheels making the engine less stressfull.

z did you check out that video, machan why doesnt that pick up get stuck in the mud at all,

i am sure its becuase of the tires. I am correct. also i guess its takes less effort to power the small wheels making the engine less stressfull.

i THINK it might be because of the lighter body. less weight means its less likely to get pulled deeper into the mud... but at the same time, it also means less grip...

hmmm hard to tell what the tires are , but they could be Simex's - if so those are a tad narrow but the tread pattern is made for off roading and provides excellent levels of grip

could be the added torque from the TD5 motor :)

• 3 weeks later...

I was not aware that there is such an interesting thread going on. Sorry.. I should have joined early.

Comparison is very simple.

Quickness & torque wise TD5 is ahead of the land cruiser. Its unbelievable how the 2.5 L engine gives such a drastic output. I really don’t know how. If you give the 2 vehicles to race for a 1 km stretch TD5 will do it in 85% of the time what it takes for the Toyota.

But I am sure Toyota would be much better in load carrying due to the hugely powered engine.

Handling wise again Land rover is far ahead of any Japanese vehicle. I have personal experience on this. I have raced with a Mitsubishi petrol montero from Uda walawa abmilipitiya road and that stretch has a lot of bends. Montero gets the momentum on the stretch but the bends I couldn’t even see him..defender is dead solid on corners. I drove my 300 Tdi full length soft top. Fulltime 4WD comes very handy.

When It comes to off roading I wouldn’t recommend a TD5 if you are planning to do any deep water wading. TD5 runs with a lot of complicated electric stuff and a bush mechanic cannot definitely sort if something goes wrong. That’s why I run a 300Tdi myself. Defenders are very capable off roaders. I haven’t personally driven the specific land cruiser model so I don’t know to comment. But defenders always have the upper hand of having Diff lock compared to other jeeps.

Fuel consumption wise again TD5 is a lot better than the Toyota. My 300 TDi does better in fuel than my fathers Toyota noah. And my brothers TD5 does better in fuel than my 300 TDi. So what else to compare. Please note my brothers TD5 is a 130 double cab. Very heavy.

Velocity…There are few reasons why I didn’t get stuck…All the other guys went with me were new to the business except my brother. My brother got stuck coz he had BFG AT tyres and besides 130 is not very good for off roading.

Off road driving needs a bit of skills than on road driving and importantly you must use your brain to come out of the jungle without braking your vehicle.

Machan my tyres are Michelin XCL . They don’t look very nice on a 5door vehicles. But it serves its purpose (mine is a military version)

Yes xXx that TD5 is even better than a brand new. My brother used that for his going away in his wedding.

Edited by lakshank

I have a small formula for those who ask which is better..landrover or xxxx

So this theory can be applied to any comparison against Landrovers and Japanese jeeps. okay

* If you want everyone to look at you when you are on the road then buy a land rover.

* If you want others to take their vehicles to a side when they see you from side mirrors then buy a land rover.

* If you dont care about the expenditure side (after purchase) then buy a Landrover.

* If you dont like your hands to get a dirty then buy a Toyota.

* If you want to use your vehicle daily without even having to open the bonnet then buy a Toyota.

* If you dont have alot of spare time then buy a Toyota.

Please note that these are only some basic rules. Not a comparison in depth.

Edited by lakshank

Good comparison

Lakshan, thanks for all the information bro. you have been very helfull.

By the way machan some say the TD5 once it starts to gives problems its a dollar pit, Like the injectors one alone is 95000 bucks and has 5 to replace,

Machan whats your view. Do they encounter problems that often !!!

http://www.productreview.com.au/showitem.php?item_id=1778

August 13th, 2007

Pros: Legendary off road ability...nothing touches it.

Cons: My feet get wet when it rains. I can't hear my girlfriend talk when we drive (sorry, this should be in the 'Pros' section). What was the point in putting a stereo in......the only time you can hear the bloody thing is at the lights. The cabin was designed by a one legged 3'4" midget. It handles on road like a wheelbarrow full of walruses, ergonomics? what ergonomics!

Overall: This car is cool....very cool. Cool people step out of defenders; farmers,soldiers,firefighters,aid workers, explorers, royalty, mountain rescuers, special forces. It's not a car for men who are so highly preened and plucked they look like women. It's not a car for men who have a need to be looked at or feel the need to have a highly tuned 'chick magnet' with a 'woofer' box the size of a small country in the boot to prove they are a man. Metro sexual males will wince at the thought of climbing into a Defender in case they dirty their Armani jeans. The man who drives a Defender is a down to earth, practical, modest all round bloody good egg that has a million cool stories about his life. He has no need for a 'big fast red' accessory to feel like he's made it in the world. When Landcruiser drivers criticise Defenders, Defender drivers just smile wryly. If someone criticises a Toyota you can bet you will receive an hour long lecture on why Toyotas are so good. Good maybe....but definitely not cool. One could say almost like any type of whitegoods....useful, practical but definitely not cool. So there you go, if you are considering buying a Defender you will be part of a unique group of individuals, how many times have you driven a Toyota and had other Toyota drivers give you a wave when passing? Drive a Defender and you automatically enter into a unique band of people.

yes...some say that. parts are very expensive. I now have a 5 door station wagon which is a Td5. I will not do any off roading with that. I like the sound of the engine. But for off roading i will be always using a 300 Tdi.

Personally I havent had any major problems with both. may be Its the way I treat them.

August 13th, 2007

Cons: My feet get wet when it rains. I can't hear my girlfriend talk when we drive (sorry, this should be in the 'Pros' section). What was the point in putting a stereo in......the only time you can hear the bloody thing is at the lights. The cabin was designed by a one legged 3'4" midget. It handles on road like a wheelbarrow full of walruses, ergonomics? what ergonomics!

Overall: This car is cool....very cool. Cool people step out of defenders; farmers,soldiers,firefighters,aid workers, explorers, royalty, mountain rescuers, special forces. It's not a car for men who are so highly preened and plucked they look like women. It's not a car for men who have a need to be looked at or feel the need to have a highly tuned 'chick magnet' with a 'woofer' box the size of a small country in the boot to prove they are a man. Metro sexual males will wince at the thought of climbing into a Defender in case they dirty their Armani jeans. The man who drives a Defender is a down to earth, practical, modest all round bloody good egg that has a million cool stories about his life. He has no need for a 'big fast red' accessory to feel like he's made it in the world. When Landcruiser drivers criticise Defenders, Defender drivers just smile wryly. If someone criticises a Toyota you can bet you will receive an hour long lecture on why Toyotas are so good. Good maybe....but definitely not cool. One could say almost like any type of whitegoods....useful, practical but definitely not cool. So there you go, if you are considering buying a Defender you will be part of a unique group of individuals, how many times have you driven a Toyota and had other Toyota drivers give you a wave when passing? Drive a Defender and you automatically enter into a unique band of people.

this is damn right machan

yes...some say that. parts are very expensive. I now have a 5 door station wagon which is a Td5. I will not do any off roading with that. I like the sound of the engine. But for off roading i will be always using a 300 Tdi.

pardon me but is this a Silver one with wpLD-xxxx plates?

August 13th, 2007

just to point out here (as an owner and confirmed fan of the 70 Series Toyota Landcruiser) that the "cruiser" has a heritage that is almost as extensive as that of the defender... the 70 series landcruisers are to all intents and purposes the direct counterparts to the the defenders....

"Cool" is very much a matter of perception i guess, dependability is not.... No offense whatsoever to LR fans, being a Classic car enthusiast myself I understand the obsession, but the thing is, when you're miles from anywhere in the middle of some desert, or the aussie outback, It's the Landcruiser that's more likely to go through it without a shrug.

just to point out here (as an owner and confirmed fan of the 70 Series Toyota Landcruiser) that the "cruiser" has a heritage that is almost as extensive as that of the defender... the 70 series landcruisers are to all intents and purposes the direct counterparts to the the defenders....

"Cool" is very much a matter of perception i guess, dependability is not.... No offense whatsoever to LR fans, being a Classic car enthusiast myself I understand the obsession, but the thing is, when you're miles from anywhere in the middle of some desert, or the aussie outback, It's the Landcruiser that's more likely to go through it without a shrug.

Supra

I think both of these vehicales so equal on many different footings and for as a buyer I researched extensively to many things and i found at if you buy either when ever you see the other vehicle on the road sometimes you might feel a bit sad or happy.

its like a question between a Evo 9 and a Sti 9. :)

Supra

I think both of these vehicales so equal on many different footings and for as a buyer I researched extensively to many things and i found at if you buy either when ever you see the other vehicle on the road sometimes you might feel a bit sad or happy.

yeah machan, I guess you have a point in this too.... it's too bad that we dont get the 'Cruiser in Aussie Spec though

http://www.toyota.com.au/landcruiser-70-se...ures/mechanical

check THAt out!

Supra

You know something Velocity, I've noticed a change in the world order in the last decade or some, even on this definition of the cool factor.

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm a LR enthusiast myself, but even more than that I'm a hardcore 4X4 and outdoors enthusiast

So I watch a lot of adventure programs on the discovery channel etc. and I wonder if you've noticed this but more often than not its the land cruiser you see on television on these great African or outback adventures or the Hilux. (Austin Stevens etc, also remember the Top Gear polar adventure ?).

I do believe there is a bit of nostalgia attached to the image of the Land Rover. A bit like the hummer I guess, but not exactly the same because the non military LR is a pretty capable off roader and work horse compared to the hummer.