• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehicle Gas Emission Test Compulsory From 15th July

GihanFX

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine here..

IDLE : 798

2500 RPM : 2755

HC (PPm v/v) Standard = 1200

IDLE : 714

2500 RPM : 671

CO (% v/v) standard = 4.5

IDLE : 0.194

2500 RPM : 0.456

Lamda

IDLE : 1.274

2500 RPM : 1.12

O2

IDLE : 5.141

2500 RPM : 3.051

CO2

IDLE : 10.35

2500 RPM : 11.37

Engine Temp

Note, timing a bit advanced. so maybe a bit lean perhaps. Also this is a carb engine, no catalytic converter (FWIW)

Im curious,.. can anyone interpret these no's?

got mine this morning,

IDLE : 849

2500 RPM : 2430

HC (PPm v/v) Standard = 1200

IDLE : 221

2500 RPM : 75

CO (% v/v) standard = 4.5

IDLE : 0.602

2500 RPM : 0.309

Lamda

IDLE : -1

2500 RPM : -1

O2

IDLE : 9.885

2500 RPM : 9.32

CO2

IDLE : 7.446

2500 RPM : 9.125

Engine Temp

found this on the web: interesting

HC (PPM): The parts per million of hydrocarbons (unburned or partially burnt gasoline) in the exhaust.

CO (%): The percentage of the exhaust that is carbon monoxide (CO).

CO +CO2 (%): Complete combustion in the engine or catalytic converter will result in very little carbon monoxide (CO) and a high percentage (up to about 16%) of carbon dioxide (CO2) in the exhaust.

O2 (%): When there is complete combustion in the engine or catalytic converter there is a very little oxygen (O2) in the exhaust. Usually less than one percent. A higher reading indicates a problem with the engine, the exhaust system, the sampling system or the catalytic converter. Vehicles do not pass or fail because of the O2 reading; it is only diagnostic information.

When I'm listening to Lakhanda auto club program, some caller shared a serious problem that faced during emission test.

During they testing caller's van, they kept it full rev for few mins :action-smiley-060: and finally engine blowed :violent-smiley-099: :violent-smiley-099:

Now he have to replace engine.

So be careful when testing and never let them to rev your motor more than 3000rpm (NEVER EVER)

yep, heard the same, so some people suggested to unscrew the bolt/screw that is beneath the accelerator, a bit so that it would sit a bit higher, so that they cant floor the paddle <_<

• 2 months later...
Took the Jeep to the emission test and passed with K factor .24

Wonder how they calculate this K factor :glare:

i want to know about the K factor too... can someone tell us what is that ?

also, what is the highest RPM they reached who has already done the test ? was it below 3000 ????

anyway .... i got it passed :rolleyes:

Edited by ferrarif50

• 3 months later...

Went to the test guys. Well when the law came in July I was so negative about it thinking all the hassle of doing the test. But I think it's a good initiative at least. Test was done only for about 3 - 4 mins and car got passed. Entire thing took less than 10 mins as I was the only person there (Went to Katugastota).

I feel most of the vehicles fail the test is Carburetor models. And if this continuous properly most of the people will start maintaining their cars well. And emission test also might come in to play when it come to resell value.

did the test today and the old girl passed with an opacity% of 4.23 & a K factor of 0.18 ... been doing some reading and stumbled upon this

A beam of light is passed between two points on the probe and the strength of the light beam measured to identify the k factor.

The test measures the opacity of the smoke, which is indicated by the k factor. The higher the k factor the greater the opacity of the smoke and thus pollutants.

hope this helps the few guys who were wondering about the k factor..