• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Saarc Security Traffic Arrangements

Ripper

Just got this from Admin Dept.

Subject: security for SAARC

We were informed by the Fort police to day to be present for a security meeting to be held at the DIG office Fort at 4.00 P.M. (today)

1. Starting 25/07/2008 vehicles and people entering the high security zone will be subjected to thorough security checks. (High security zone starts from Kollupitiya junction towards Galle face, Elephant house junction- slave island, York street ect...) vehicles entering the zone will need to obtain passes.

2. From 29/07/2008 no vehicles will be allowed to the high security zone at all. A shuttle service will be functioning for people to come in to the high security zone. (up to D.R. Wijewardena Mw- Lake House ) All vehicles will have to be parked out side the High security zone.

3. Train services will function only up to Bumbalapitiya from down south, and up to Maradana from the other side. Fort railway station will be closed.

There will be a shuttle service from Kollupitiya and Maradana to fort (up to D.R. Wijewardena Mw- Lake House ) No vehicles will be given authority to enter from there onwards.

9. 1st of August (Friday) will be declared as a official holiday.

10. Other high security areas declared will be areas near the BIA / BMICH/ and MOUNT LAVINIA. (as some delegates will be located at Mt- Lavinia Hotel)

11. Period concern will be 25/07/2008 to 04/08/2008 (ending 4th mid night)

Subject: security for SAARC

We were informed by the Fort police to day to be present for a security meeting to be held at the DIG office Fort at 4.00 P.M. (today)

1. Starting 25/07/2008 vehicles and people entering the high security zone will be subjected to thorough security checks. (High security zone starts from Kollupitiya junction towards Galle face, Elephant house junction- slave island, York street ect...) vehicles entering the zone will need to obtain passes.

2. From 29/07/2008 no vehicles will be allowed to the high security zone at all. A shuttle service will be functioning for people to come in to the high security zone. (up to D.R. Wijewardena Mw- Lake House ) All vehicles will have to be parked out side the High security zone.

3. Train services will function only up to Bumbalapitiya from down south, and up to Maradana from the other side. Fort railway station will be closed.

There will be a shuttle service from Kollupitiya and Maradana to fort (up to D.R. Wijewardena Mw- Lake House ) No vehicles will be given authority to enter from there onwards.

9. 1st of August (Friday) will be declared as a official holiday.

10. Other high security areas declared will be areas near the BIA / BMICH/ and MOUNT LAVINIA. (as some delegates will be located at Mt- Lavinia Hotel)

Thanks Ripper! Much appreciated! sounds like good time for a Vacation outside Colombo! :jumping-smiley-013:

hi Ripper..

How accurate is this info? man..if this is the case might as well put leave and head off to to the hikka beach fest.

should be solid unless they made changes afterwards... i got it from our Operations Director so it's gotta be accurate :)

on HBF...Sorting accomodation @hiks is the biggest issue cos most joints are already booked and full :(

Thanks Ripper for the Info – mighty useful

Yes a vacation should be good – Don’t see the point of coming to work as there be hell to get close to Kolpity and that’s where I work

Don’t u guys just love this country :violent-smiley-099: @#&*$#

hi Ripper..

How accurate is this info? man..if this is the case might as well put leave and head off to to the hikka beach fest.

Yeah Bro. Its better to be out of colombo than in colombo.

Hope LTTE does not start a string of bus bombs to scare away all the VVIP. i head our defense sources say to be extra vigilant.

Thanks Ripper for the Info – mighty useful

Yes a vacation should be good – Don’t see the point of coming to work as there be hell to get close to Kolpity and that’s where I work

Don’t u guys just love this country :violent-smiley-099: @#&*$#

of course where else would this sorta thing happen mate..

Her Ripper, thank you very much for the info...

Feel there will be extensive checking carried out on the vehicles entering colombo during this period.

well the feline kinds up north will try to do something big in colombo and create headlines... bad for the economy that's already taking a huge hit so in a way... better be safe than sorry :(

I'll be really screwed cos i travel from wattala through mattakuliya>>fort>>col3 :( Will have to change my route or wakeup early morning :(

We got a memo today (hand delivered) by the Public Health Department. In the letter it says that we have to repair the road facing building fronts, walls etc and colour wash them. This is to give a face-lift for the city during the SAARC V*P motorcades. This was given to all the road front buildings.

In the letter they are kindly requesting us to do this but end of the memo it says “under the municipal council amendment no 54, they have the right to notify us on such repairing”. It’s like a threat that you should do it. I asked MOH how many buckets of paints they are giving to do this. :action-smiley-060:

Now only they’ve remembered that the city needs to be kept cleaned and nice.

well the feline kinds up north will try to do something big in colombo and create headlines... bad for the economy that's already taking a huge hit so in a way... better be safe than sorry :(

I'll be really screwed cos i travel from wattala through mattakuliya>>fort>>col3 :( Will have to change my route or wakeup early morning :(

However let the defence forces take as much as possible precautions to ensure there will be no trouble. Our economy is already in a ditch, it's not the time to let it down any more...

Machang whereabout in Kolpetty do you work??

Actually I was hoping that they'll tell all of us to close shop and be at home during these days as it would be the best for us. But then again businesses cant take that sorta break as they will be hit badly. I for one knew that if they were to close col3 we will have to work from our other offices.

Any speculations as to how the shuttle service will function? And whether they are arranging space & security for parking outside the high security zone? :unsure: