• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mud-grrrrrrr

Velocity

I am ready for this Boys.

get your shorts and boots ready

Fuzzo and Mini. there is a Service Station so its not gona be problem. i have informed them that in the Near lot of meema ( Wild Buffolos ) are gona visit the service station on weekends

Madz and Praveen add a list and decided the date and i can have KOS and KARAWALA diet ready with some good Thambili.

What a better blend for a great Mud outing!! Expect an Xtrail and a Hilux 16 th or 17th !! :alc:

MINIACE

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Vocity that sounds good! Shall we fix a date for this?

GR8.

But keep the event open for the guys who have not done major mods.

The 4X4 guys ( Ihave been a part of the action) in Sl are very serious about the sport and then it becomes a really tough course for " normal" 4 X4's ( ie without winches, snorkels, & raised suspensions mud pluggers etc) to compete / have fun.

IMHO.

But it will be a nice event as many of us have 4X4s which we have not modified and love to try out their capabilities........

BTW Velo : hope you still have the Maz 3 ?

GR8.

But keep the event open for the guys who have not done major mods.

The 4X4 guys ( Ihave been a part of the action) in Sl are very serious about the sport and then it becomes a really tough course for " normal" 4 X4's ( ie without winches, snorkels, & raised suspensions mud pluggers etc) to compete / have fun.

IMHO.

But it will be a nice event as many of us have 4X4s which we have not modified and love to try out their capabilities........

BTW Velo : hope you still have the Maz 3 ?

Prad i too hate to damage the vehicale and i hate to hack it. but this field does not put any stress on vehicales.

i am starting on the track tomarrow and i will make sure its safe and any novice can easily drive through it.

yeah bro i have the mazda 3. i am not using it that much these days :)

Prad i too hate to damage the vehicale and i hate to hack it. but this field does not put any stress on vehicales.

i am starting on the track tomarrow and i will make sure its safe and any novice can easily drive through it.

yeah bro i have the mazda 3. i am not using it that much these days :)

Velo, may I suggest you fabricate a fender from Fiberglass and fit the snorkel on to that if you can't bear drilling through the metal :)

Mini :) want to take the xtrail to mud.

Gummy can you recommend me a good mud tire.

Only thing is i feel like using existing wheels cos i hate to change the look. I even got the original land cruiser snorkel and i am so sad to drill the fenders to fit it

:(

Sorry for the delay in replying,

Machang why not try some jeep terrain tyres if you want to keep it original. Like below

huelrx04tz1.th.jpg

discovery103jb6.th.jpg

Edited by Gummybr

Dear 4X4 enthusiasts,

As you know the CMSC Autocross is on the 17th of August at Waters edge.

After this event - expected to finish by about 2 pm, the 4X4 club will be having an event. :rolleyes:

This is mainly for non modified vehicles so it will be more a mud and water splash. No winches, bog tyres etc are needed. Neither is a snorkel.

Seatbelts are mandatory, as is a helmet. thats it.

I am planning to take my LR ( need to put a roll bar & fix seatbelts - its a 1961 model after all ....) but thats about it.

Hope all you guys will come and take part, it will be a fun event. Velo, Miniace, a good time to plug some mud and splash some water :)

cheers

Prad

Dear 4X4 enthusiasts,

As you know the CMSC Autocross is on the 17th of August at Waters edge.

After this event - expected to finish by about 2 pm, the 4X4 club will be having an event. :rolleyes:

This is mainly for non modified vehicles so it will be more a mud and water splash. No winches, bog tyres etc are needed. Neither is a snorkel.

Seatbelts are mandatory, as is a helmet. thats it.

I am planning to take my LR ( need to put a roll bar & fix seatbelts - its a 1961 model after all ....) but thats about it.

Hope all you guys will come and take part, it will be a fun event. Velo, Miniace, a good time to plug some mud and splash some water :)

cheers

Prad

will surely join but bro cannot put a roll bar

:( hate to drill the thing yet. :)

Machan for this novices event you won't have to. You should enter it, just for the fun of it. As Prad says - only a helmet and seat-belts are required.

No No Velo.

Roll br is NOT needed man.

I have to put as my LR does not have seatbelts so need the bar to anchor the belts :)

Your beastie is fine as she is , just come, and play.

Let me re phrase: All vehicles taking part must have seatbelts. Thats all. Helmet is needed for the driver and co driver as a saftey precaution only. Can borrow and use as well.

We are keeping is open so that novices like us can take part and not screw our vehicles up.

Edited by pradfred

No No Velo.

Roll br is NOT needed man.

I have to put as my LR does not have seatbelts so need the bar to anchor the belts :)

Your beastie is fine as she is , just come, and play.

Let me re phrase: All vehicles taking part must have seatbelts. Thats all. Helmet is needed for the driver and co driver as a saftey precaution only. Can borrow and use as well.

We are keeping is open so that novices like us can take part and not screw our vehicles up.

i am in brother :D by the way i also hate to screw the vehicale up. I know its 4x4 but i am too much in love with it. not even have i loved my rx8 that much.

Edited by Velocity

Sorry for the delay in replying,

Machang why not try some jeep terrain tyres if you want to keep it original. Like below

huelrx04tz1.th.jpg

discovery103jb6.th.jpg

bro any place to buy these or do any manufacture have it

what do you call them in sri lankan terms. most tyre dealers cannot understand too technical questions

:)

devindz thanks for the link.

do you gents think an Old, bog standard Toyota Hilux 4x4 can tackle these courses?

am totally new to the off roading scene, but would like to try my hand nonetheless!

hey hey...old hilux's are legends mate :)

do you gents think an Old, bog standard Toyota Hilux 4x4 can tackle these courses?

am totally new to the off roading scene, but would like to try my hand nonetheless!

Sure, no worries at all.

Those are super offroaders .

Old is gold !

what do you call them in sri lankan terms. most tyre dealers cannot understand too technical questions

I think Devinda and Lakshank should be able to help on the matter of tyres. They still get those tyres for the old jeeps I think (like the old Mitsu Jeep 4DR's and Daihatsu Jeeps) I remember Lakshank's bro having a new set on his Defender sometime ago.

machan you can try Outdoorsman on Castle Street for a start - they used to stock Micky Thompson Baja Claws which are designed primarily for Off Road use and are said to be quite good for both mud and rock conditions given they feature side biters for traction from the side walls!

But these are rather more ballon like.

If its a thiner tire like the Simexes, you could look at Michelin XZL's - That tire place opposite the old Spinning & Weaving mills ( now Havelock City) might have them...

What brand and type of tires do you have on them now?

Machan Gummy ...those michelins came in a brand new jeep. I dont think that they are availble in the market. Thats a very capable tyre to handle mud. good on the tarmac too. I had the destone tyres before this..was good on the mud..but not good on the wet tarmac.

But one thing with them....they dont give the jeep the macho muscle look.