• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Aband Mercedes Benz Sl450

john cooper

Hi my friends,

i got a mercedes which abandoned by da owner, model of da car is 1979 Benz SL450 Convertable. it didn't register yet cos da owner got it from da harbour auction, and i can get da new english number plate.he ask me over 10laks for da car and the documents.with da document he got a body permit too. so i can get a new body from Japan or Dubai. or else i like to use it as SL450 but my problem is, who is da mecanic????????

friends do u know some person to fix this car for me???????????

thank you

JC

Edited by john cooper

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi my friends,

i got a mercedes which abandoned by da owner, model of da car is 1979 Benz SL450 Convertable. it didn't register yet cos da owner got it from da harbour auction, and i can get da new english number plate.he ask me over 10laks for da car and the documents.with da document he got a body permit too. so i can get a new body from Japan or Dubai. or else i like to use it as SL450 but my problem is, who is da mecanic????????

friends do u know some person to fix this car for me???????????

thank you

JC

There are several mechanics who specialize in Mercedes Benz vehicles around town a lot of them ex D*MO.... I suppose you could take it to D*MO too, though they will be quite expensive. what is the current condition of the car? can you put a picture up?

this is da poor car :mellow: , i was thinking to import a new body from Japan or Dubai. S class Benz?????????? :D

cos it having da body permit too.......

dsc00024qu1.th.jpg

dsc00025so3.th.jpg

A bit offtopic but can someone please explain what exactly is a body permit? what does it allow you to do? and how is it obtained?

Edited by maliths

hamm....... real waste, from USA and LHD, 450SL with removable hard top :o

:) :)

I too have gone and seen this car.

Real beauty, American spec. Big buffer and 4 lights.

tred to get it but papers and owner were missing :)

good work in getting it bro,

Its not an easy task but can be done.

Budget at least 2 Million to get it onto the road.

(Without a new imported body ) but doing corrosion work locally.

Time & money , those are the bugbears of the restorer - Ask GT AM :)

My project is languising due to lack of both ...hoo boy.

Go for it - you only live once eh ?

Good Luck, and we are all there to help you in any way we can .

Whata babe!

Guess you are still thinking twice about going ahead with the restoration hah?

My advice for you to go-ahead with the project.Parts are feely available in UK as well as in SL (not all).The chassis is 114 equal.Suspension parts are W114 and engine & drivetrain is M 117 equal V8 I guess.There are several similar engined Merc Models in SL and running cool.Assume no engine parts issue as well.By anychance If you are giving up the project,You know who is waiting to grab her.Good Luck mate!

MINIACE

Ya miniace still i am thinking, cos i need to make it as original if not no problem.yesterday i check all the documents and i gave an advance payment. it must be a big project i think. :unsure:

In first stage i am going to get a list of body parts wht it required.

UK part's a very expancive and i think USA is da place for this model.

very soon settle the rest of the money and need to move it to my garage boy who restored ma MINI

:rolleyes:

Ya miniace still i am thinking, cos i need to make it as original if not no problem.yesterday i check all the documents and i gave an advance payment. it must be a big project i think. :unsure:

very soon settle the rest of the money and need to move it to my garage boy who restored ma MINI

:rolleyes:

This is the right attitude.Go for it man.Cannot exactly tell you how big the projet gonna be by just looking at few pictures.Anyhow since its directly from foreign imports, guess the main concern is the bodywork and the body permit makes your life easy.Take the challange.Good luck mate!

MINIACE

Hi

try Dubai JC, as the older models are quite cheap.

A bit difficult to find but there is a small book called Auto Trader - only 10 Dhirams and its full of second hand cars.

Available at all the petrol station outlets.

Then dump it into a container and voila - you are in business.

Its gonna be a long but worthwhile project. Also in the Classic car club there was another Pagoda roof model, and am sure he will also be able to help.

Will try and find out the details,

cheers

Heay John,

Fantastic and all the best with it. Is this the same car on the Roar to Gampaha in a small workshop kinda place. I'v seen such a car 1.5 years back. The guy asked for 2 Million by then with the body permit papers. At last we can hope to see it on the road soon... :jumping-smiley-013:

You are "L" borad for sure!! :lol: lot to learn :lol:

MINIACE

Start counting days from today pal. It will take over 6 months to find the car and get it down here. Another 2 months to clear it from customs. 4 months to do the fixing and painting. Add another 6 months to get approval from RMV finally. Let's do the project and see anyway. I hope we will be able to retrieve this thread after 1.5 years. That is in 2010!. All that if enough flow of cash is available as and when necessary. Be prepared to pay at least 3 lakhs worth of bribes to RMV and Customs.

Edited by L board

Start counting days from today pal. It will take over 6 months to find the car and get it down here. Another 2 months to clear it from customs. 4 months to do the fixing and painting. Add another 6 months to get approval from RMV finally. Let's do the project and see anyway. I hope we will be able to retrieve this thread after 1.5 years. That is in 2010!. All that if enough flow of cash is available as and when necessary. Be prepared to pay at least 3 lakhs worth of bribes to RMV and Customs.

Cannot furnish a better quote on positive thinking and negative attitude to beat .kick it dude!

MINIACE

• 1 month later...