• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Can You Identify These?

MasterDon

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the fitting(meters,dashboard and stuff) is mostly done by me on my free time,so are all the basic painting excluding the final finishing coat.

Wow man, you do all that too?

Superb. I wish I could ...will save me some moolah for my resto:)

Btw: Do you know Banana from Kelaniya ? (Ob. not his real name lol)

Wow man, you do all that too?

Superb. I wish I could ...will save me some moolah for my resto:)

Btw: Do you know Banana from Kelaniya ? (Ob. not his real name lol)

yeah machan...i'm a decent painter,i do all the base paints of our classics under a pro's supervision....but i did the whole job on our other cars like the del sol and dad's lorries without any help,but i have to improve a lot to do the whole thing on the classics....

the fitting stuff is easy...and it's good fun too!!!...i think every owner should do that bit himself.

machang i've heard ther nick name somewhere...is he an automotive related guy?

the fitting stuff is easy...and it's good fun too!!!...i think every owner should do that bit himself.

i tried that a few times - ended up busting two rather pricy meters once and since then have made it a policy to only work on other ppl's cars when it comes to such matters! :lol:

S_N will likely attest to that! rotfl

i tried that a few times - ended up busting two rather pricy meters once and since then have made it a policy to only work on other ppl's cars when it comes to such matters! :lol:

S_N will likely attest to that! rotfl

right, well thats the LAST time you work on my car then! :P

actually did need your help to hook up my Rev-Counter cable to the meter itself.... bit decided to give it a shot and managed to get it done, and it WORKS!

• 2 weeks later...
just got half of me plated parts back from the workshop...fitting day is not far awayyyyyy!!!! :jumping-smiley-013:

dsci0037.jpg

lookin good man,

I too am in dire need of a good plating shop, may I have the contact details of your guy? ( If thats ok wit you ).

The normal stuff like the buffers, etc also need plating - cam covers, alternator cover, etc ?

lookin good man,

I too am in dire need of a good plating shop, may I have the contact details of your guy? ( If thats ok wit you ).

The normal stuff like the buffers, etc also need plating - cam covers, alternator cover, etc ?

just sent you a PM with all the details...

just sent you a PM with all the details...

Got it .

Thanks a bunch mate. all of us must catch up to discuss our restos one day lol.

Will go there and get my stuff done. ( Will take another week at least :rolleyes: )

that's a good idea....i've been craving for company of some classic car nuts!

Yes lets meet up. Why not join the CCCC? Then we're forced to meet up :). Sunday runs are good fun. And Mahagastota revival is coming up! Perhaps one of your machines will be ready?

Yes lets meet up. Why not join the CCCC? Then we're forced to meet up :). Sunday runs are good fun. And Mahagastota revival is coming up! Perhaps one of your machines will be ready?

yep have to renew our membership(i dunno if old memberships still apply)...or maybe i will register the TF or the Magnette under my name as a new member because those are the only "show ready" cars i have currently...anyways have to get me dad's permission first

yep have to renew our membership(i dunno if old memberships still apply)...or maybe i will register the TF or the Magnette under my name as a new member because those are the only "show ready" cars i have currently...anyways have to get me dad's permission first

BTW what news about that soulful Italian machine you were looking at?

yep...bought it about a month ago...an old rusted(duh') alfasud :)

also bought a mint corolla 2 door KE20....for 60K! :jumping-smiley-013:

Damn! Great! When can we pop in to have a look? My other Sud pals will love to see it as well.

Talking of the KE20 kind of car..... I saw a nice looking 2 Door Datsun Cherry! Never realized it was Fwd. The guy wanted 325k :o:(

Damn! Great! When can we pop in to have a look? My other Sud pals will love to see it as well.

Talking of the KE20 kind of car..... I saw a nice looking 2 Door Datsun Cherry! Never realized it was Fwd. The guy wanted 325k :o:(

them both are in a wennapuwa yard(me dad's secret stash :lol: )...will get some pics if i go there this weekend