• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Succes Of Citroen At Wrc

Gummybr

We all know that Citroen has been very successful in the WRC scene.

If Loeb doesn't start loosing soon the WRC is going to degenerate further into the one sided affair its turned out to be in the recent past :(

Winning is one thing, but the clinical precision and consistency with which they achieve it is just down right annoying! <_<

Would it be asking too much if, like the rest of the field, they'd break down once in a while or overshoot the odd corner to let SWRT rack up a win or two :lol:

Edited by Devinda_Z

If Loeb doesn't start loosing soon the WRC is going to degenerate further into the one sided affair its turned out to be in the recent past :(

Winning is one thing, but the clinical precision and consistency with which they achieve it is just down right annoying! <_<

Would it be asking too much if, like the rest of the field, they'd break down once in a while or overshoot the odd corner to let SWRT rack up a win or two :lol:

Well machang no one is perfect are they? So there is a chance for something bad to happen to him, dont forget that he did sit out one race, but won the championship.

On the other hand he is getting older... So unless someone comes up with his abilities we will see the wrc crown moving from hand to hand. (dont worry he wont leave just as yet)

But come on I for one like the thrills and spills of wrc more than F1, I dont care who wins or who loses as long as its entertaining, so far it has been for me.

What if their road cars were this good??? Not saying that their bad, I mean the older generation Xsara and Xantia are sporty but having had the opportunity to drive the C6, I can say it is nowhere near good at handling and in sportiness, in short its just another executive barge. They claim the same for the C5, no idea about the rest though, but you do have to appreciate their design teams.

Oh I've seen him overshoot the mark sometimes but he manages to gain lost time faster than the rest..

Edited by Gummybr

The problem is, even when he makes a (rare) mistake, SWRT isn't stepping up. Its Ford stepping up. Despite the guys liking the new car, its not translating to results. I mean, Atkinson is getting better results than Solberg these days. Where is that World Champion form?

Although I must say, SWRT just has been having awful luck that the drivers just can't do anything about. Remember that rock in the middle of the road in Japan that caused Peter to crash out, think it was last year? I honestly thought he was gonna start crying. First time the man was unable to say something on TV.

The problem is, even when he makes a (rare) mistake, SWRT isn't stepping up. Its Ford stepping up. Despite the guys liking the new car, its not translating to results. I mean, Atkinson is getting better results than Solberg these days. Where is that World Champion form?

Although I must say, SWRT just has been having awful luck that the drivers just can't do anything about. Remember that rock in the middle of the road in Japan that caused Peter to crash out, think it was last year? I honestly thought he was gonna start crying. First time the man was unable to say something on TV.

Hmmm i have a feeling things will be better for SWRT next season - having introduced the new car mid season they've been competitive from the word go with Atkinson setting the fastest stage time :) (& crashing there after :( ) - Typical Australian brashness i'd say :lol: talented but too stupid/brave for his own good at times. Solber over time seems to have lost the plot - understandable ( but not all that convinced its justifiable) to certain degree when you consider that he's had to race a car that was hardly competitive at worst and unreliable at best!

Dave Richards really needs turn things around or else SWRT should start looking else where to see if the fortunes can be changed favourably.

Hmmm i have a feeling things will be better for SWRT next season - having introduced the new car mid season they've been competitive from the word go with Atkinson setting the fastest stage time :) (& crashing there after :( ) - Typical Australian brashness i'd say :lol: talented but too stupid/brave for his own good at times. Solber over time seems to have lost the plot - understandable ( but not all that convinced its justifiable) to certain degree when you consider that he's had to race a car that was hardly competitive at worst and unreliable at best!

Dave Richards really needs turn things around or else SWRT should start looking else where to see if the fortunes can be changed favourably.

Say what if you put Loeb in SWRT???? Do you think he'll still continue winning?

It seems Loeb is so good even his colleague cant match him.

Guys I think its a bit unfair on Loeb's genius to brand him boring. Just like Schuey in F1 this is amazing history being written by Loeb and Citroen.

I really count myself lucky to live in an era when so many legends were created. MS, Senna, Rossi and quite possibly Loeb.

I know it can be boring to see the same guy over and over again spraying the champaigne but just imagine the hard work that goes behind the scene to ensure that everything is tip top....

The only thing that cheeses me off is that Citroen does not do a road car that does justice to all that glory. A wasted marketing opportunity...

The only thing that cheeses me off is that Citroen does not do a road car that does justice to all that glory. A wasted marketing opportunity...

I remember there being a rule that said you need to make some amount of cars that have the same engine or whatever if you compete in WRC... Citroen had a Xsara those days with about 170bhp, but the new C4 has the VTR but it doesnt have the zing that you'd expect.

On those lines I was wondering as to whether Hyundai had a car to complement the Accent rally car? Interested in finding out cos never seen a sport version of the Accent nor heard of one except for the Accent WRC.

I remember there being a rule that said you need to make some amount of cars that have the same engine or whatever if you compete in WRC... Citroen had a Xsara those days with about 170bhp, but the new C4 has the VTR but it doesnt have the zing that you'd expect.

On those lines I was wondering as to whether Hyundai had a car to complement the Accent rally car? Interested in finding out cos never seen a sport version of the Accent nor heard of one except for the Accent WRC.

It's called Homologation. It used to be 500 nos not sure if its still the same. Which is very small these days. They probably sell all 500 C4 WRC cars to competitors. I mean apart from the Team cars (and here too there probably are quite a few) there are the privateers. Then there are so many national rally championships. I recall the Xsara WRC was sold as a kit car.

It's a shame they don't do a hot, be-spoilered, 4wd road going rally car like the Japs do. It will be such big boost to Citroen's image. I'm sure some bean counter at HQ must be chopping it off whenever it comes up for approval. The VTR is sadly just a warm hatch by today's standards.

It's called Homologation. It used to be 500 nos not sure if its still the same. Which is very small these days. They probably sell all 500 C4 WRC cars to competitors. I mean apart from the Team cars (and here too there probably are quite a few) there are the privateers. Then there are so many national rally championships. I recall the Xsara WRC was sold as a kit car.

It's a shame they don't do a hot, be-spoilered, 4wd road going rally car like the Japs do. It will be such big boost to Citroen's image. I'm sure some bean counter at HQ must be chopping it off whenever it comes up for approval. The VTR is sadly just a warm hatch by today's standards.

Thats what I was after.

What about the Accent??

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Guys the news is that Loeb will be retiring from WRC from next year to front end Citroen's entry into WTCC, but he will run a few races in the season including the opening round. Would be awesome if he competes in half the rallies and wins that crown for a 10th time..

http://www.wrc.com/news/features/sebastien-loeb-what-it-all-means/?fid=17542

But the competition doesn't want him to stop until they beat him well and truly.

http://www.wrc.com/news/rivals-wanted-loeb-to-stay-full-time/?fid=17534

Whatever said about the man the WRC world will miss him, lets hope he does well in the WTCC and start a new chapter.