• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Food For Thought For Autolanka

L board

I have noticed since of late that the number of ads placed on autolanka is on the decline. I feel there are some valid reasons for that. There are some competitive sites, which are late comers, which are increasing in popularty. Those sites are much faster, designed neatly, have very high response time besides being free for advertising vehicles. Autolanka really needs to give good thought and keep their place in the market. I am sure everyone will agree that a face lift is needed to this site (which I think had the same design for the past 4 years at least) and make the site fast. At times there are some lengthy non responsive times. I am posting this note purely in the best interest of the site and since I believe this has the best forum. Autolanka please give some good thought and keep your position in the market place!

I don't quite agree with the number of Ads getting reduced coz Autolanka is still ranked #1 option for all the genuine sellers who looking to sell their vehicles online. I can prove that by the number of good response we getting from ppl who advertise in Autolanka. Yes we definitely need a face lift...the work is already underway and almost done. We will be launching the new site very soon. I will keep you guys informed. Thanks for the suggestions.

I don't quite agree with the number of Ads getting reduced coz Autolanka is still ranked #1 option for all the genuine sellers who looking to sell their vehicles online. I can prove that by the number of good response we getting from ppl who advertise in Autolanka. Yes we definitely need a face lift...the work is already underway and almost done. We will be launching the new site very soon. I will keep you guys informed. Thanks for the suggestions.

Madawa,

Please check whether your server getting overloaded in peak hours (SL). Because I can access the forum without any delay only in the morning & weekends. Sometimes its completely not responding. Better if u can have a dedicated server but I think its more expensive. It seems name servers are also belong to you. then u must be able to do something on this. or just tell me if anything wrong in my side.

Dear Madz,

I also think that the number of adds have not come down. Also most of internet users knows this site and provide a good service to the nation as well.

On top of everything I also beleive that a face lift is must and glad to hear that you all are on the job.

Thanks for L BOARD to get others eyes open in this regard.

Also brother it is difficult to access to your site during day time as IROSHANA told. Please look into.

Thanks & Best regards,

jagath

i'm too with Madz. But do agree with most of you folks that at times AL is in-accessible...

Other sites maybe loading up faster since they might be handling lesser traffic :) :)

IMO it's good to have healthy competition... it's good for everybody involved to up their game...

But for me, IMHO, i'm yet to see a better forum with this many great people sharing info, helping out others etc in SL...

Hats off to Madz for setting this up, Peri and other mods for doing a great job for keeping things clean and for all AL users who take the time to help out another automotive fan when it's needed. :) :)

Also brother it is difficult to access to your site during day time as IROSHANA told

jagath

Please check whether your server getting overloaded in peak hours (SL). Because I can access the forum without any delay only in the morning & weekends. Sometimes its completely not responding

But do agree with most of you folks that at times AL is in-accessible...

been faced with the same issue myself ~ common problem so it seems :(

been faced with the same issue myself ~ common problem so it seems :(

I didn't bother about this thinking that our office server was over loaded & making the net access slow.

From personal experience i can second that there is a good responce rate for AL classifieds.

Madz good to hear that there will be a facelift for the site.

Edited by dinosh

I didn't bother about this thinking that our office server was over loaded & making the net access slow.

From personal experience i can second that there is a good responce rate for AL classifieds.

Madz good to hear that there will be a facelift for the site.

My office server is overloaded and slow, so I usually never tell that AL is any slower than anything else :D

Madawa,

Please check whether your server getting overloaded in peak hours (SL). Because I can access the forum without any delay only in the morning & weekends. Sometimes its completely not responding. Better if u can have a dedicated server but I think its more expensive. It seems name servers are also belong to you. then u must be able to do something on this. or just tell me if anything wrong in my side.

same here madz, specially from around 10am - 2pm ....

Dear Madz,

I also think that the number of adds have not come down. Also most of internet users knows this site and provide a good service to the nation as well.

On top of everything I also beleive that a face lift is must and glad to hear that you all are on the job.

Thanks for L BOARD to get others eyes open in this regard.

Also brother it is difficult to access to your site during day time as IROSHANA told. Please look into.

Thanks & Best regards,

jagath

Agree with most of what has been said... also i believe the homepage should always be up to date. The older stuff should gradually moved away to make the site more current. I mean right now there a header saying "19-03-2005 - PICTURES NOW UPDATED !!" ...

Agree with most of what has been said... also i believe the homepage should always be up to date. The older stuff should gradually moved away to make the site more current. I mean right now there a header saying "19-03-2005 - PICTURES NOW UPDATED !!" ...

thats true... having dated info on the main page could is hardly the first impression we'd want to make..

also less clutter on the main page with just the hottest info spaced out would be more eye catching and inviting i feel

thats true... having dated info on the main page could is hardly the first impression we'd want to make..

also less clutter on the main page with just the hottest info spaced out would be more eye catching and inviting i feel

agreed,

and while the competition has an attractive main page they lack substance,but AL has heaps of that,it just needs a new make over.

I' ve come to love this site over the past few weeks,my congratulations to the members,moderators,administrators for running this awesome site. :action-smiley-035:

hehe, tell me about it!

every morning when i wake up there's 3 things i do like clockwork 1- check Gmail 2-check AutoLanka 3- Check Uni. Mail.. and in that exact order too :D

DUDE!!! thats pretty much my routine as well :)

1 & 2 are the same... 3 is my office mail :)

messed up priorities eh? he he