• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

High Capacity Bikes..

DarkangeL

is it true..

Guys does anybody know about ths thing.. i'm chkng on a cbr 600...had sm 400r earlier..but i'm little confused with ths rumour..

police hv ths device..when they stop our bikes..they connect ths device to the silencer..and thats da end of story..

is it true guys..can thre b a device like ths.. :unsure:

is it true..

Guys does anybody know about ths thing.. i'm chkng on a cbr 600...had sm 400r earlier..but i'm little confused with ths rumour..

police hv ths device..when they stop our bikes..they connect ths device to the silencer..and thats da end of story..

is it true guys..can thre b a device like ths.. :unsure:

Hmm... I've never heard about such a device but to gauge the cylinder capacity of a bike motor cant be that easy...

hypothetically..If there's a way to measure engine RPM with 100% accuracy and also measure the volume of gas expelled from the exhaust 100% accurately maybe you can get a a rough idea about displacement... But i doubt this too is possible since when you get multiple pistons operating, fuel mixtures being different from bike to bike, fuel being different, air pressure being different etc etc i'd say this can't be possible...

Most cops can "visually" ID a bike and query you about the displacement..

as far as i know the limit is 300cc or summin and most bikes getting close to that is the 250cc's..

most 400's share the same chasis as the 250 so the difference between the two is not that noticeable "visually"...

but a 600 would clearly stand out...

Once i was test riding a Kawi Ninja 400, the cops stopped me and they knew the bike was beyond 2500 simply by looking at it... I managed to sweet talk my way out and they never noticed the 400cc etching on the cylinder head :) :)

But the bad news is that if you get caught owning a registered bike beyond capacity they will confiscate and maybe even file charges against you...

dunno much abt the the equipment....but a 600 stands out to the naked eye so im sure whether the cops have a gadget or not if they stop you they will question you...i saw a black R6 been stopped by a cop down ward place think the cop had come behind the lad n flaged him down cos i saw the cop bike also on road and running.....for a well trained eye u can even identify a 400 from a 250 easily...so either way if u go nethin above the legel limit u run the risk of gettin busted...good luck wit ur search for a 600...i my self am keen on a cibby 400 but cop situation is puttin me off from it for now... :)

Oh no. I've been dreaming these days of getting an MVA. Lots of folk have been saying that they get away with sweet talk. But now I guess the cops are feeling the pinch of inflation?

I know what ya mean,That's why i don't go to colombo in mine(a YZF......R).Colombo cops are not stupid as they look.they identified it instantly,I tried sweet talking but nothing doing,so I let one peacock do the talking instead ;) these days i stick to the road past the sapugaskanda oil refinery,the new hunupitiya road to wattala or the chilaw-puttlam highway on a sunday morning.that's it. :(

Edited by HelRazor

<_< o.k boys..thx for da info..

now my ride is a Bandit V ...sooo..i found ths cbr 600 and a 400 modified as a 600(600 cats eye lights and silencer under the seat)

so.. :rolleyes: i was hoping to buy one of them...but...with ths senario...i think... i'll stay with ma Bandit <_<

Hmm... I've never heard about such a device but to gauge the cylinder capacity of a bike motor cant be that easy...

hypothetically..If there's a way to measure engine RPM with 100% accuracy and also measure the volume of gas expelled from the exhaust 100% accurately maybe you can get a a rough idea about displacement... But i doubt this too is possible since when you get multiple pistons operating, fuel mixtures being different from bike to bike, fuel being different, air pressure being different etc etc i'd say this can't be possible...

Most cops can "visually" ID a bike and query you about the displacement..

as far as i know the limit is 300cc or summin and most bikes getting close to that is the 250cc's..

most 400's share the same chasis as the 250 so the difference between the two is not that noticeable "visually"...

but a 600 would clearly stand out...

Once i was test riding a Kawi Ninja 400, the cops stopped me and they knew the bike was beyond 2500 simply by looking at it... I managed to sweet talk my way out and they never noticed the 400cc etching on the cylinder head :) :)

But the bad news is that if you get caught owning a registered bike beyond capacity they will confiscate and maybe even file charges against you...

Actually bro...here limit is da 350cc we cn't go beyond tht.. and tht etching on the cylinder head can be replaced...but prob is body size macha..and big baloon tyres get the attention.. :angry-smiley-024:

these days i stick to the road past the sapugaskanda oil refinery,the new hunupitiya road to wattala

suppose you're staying in that area eh?

The hunupitiya road at the moment is pretty good for some blistering runs...nice ups and downs and a few corners....

I too have run at moronic speeds good 5+ years ago on a 89 NSR :) :) :)

the refinery road wasn't in the best of shape last time i was around that area... Good road thrash since there's very little traffic :)

btw mate... sunday is the Josephian walk... our batch is doing a smallie motorshow too :) :) :)

I got into the whole thing way too late to do anything worthwhile...only helped out with banners and stuff :) :)

If ya free...pop in :)

Actually bro...here limit is da 350cc we cn't go beyond tht.. and tht etching on the cylinder head can be replaced...but prob is body size macha..and big baloon tyres get the attention.. :angry-smiley-024:

always wondered why they have this sorta insane limit for bikes...

at one time folks were saying that, it is kept low so that cops in higher displacement bikes can catch ya but when i was about 16 or summin i've outrun chasing coppers twice on a 200cc and a 250cc...

both were like 80's models :)

Cops would never ride on the edge as we do :lol: And with 2 stroke's smokescreen at high revs they don't get ya number plate also :P

suppose you're staying in that area eh?

The hunupitiya road at the moment is pretty good for some blistering runs...nice ups and downs and a few corners....

I too have run at moronic speeds good 5+ years ago on a 89 NSR :) :)

the refinery road wasn't in the best of shape last time i was around that area... Good road thrash since there's very little traffic :)

btw mate... sunday is the Josephian walk... our batch is doing a smallie motorshow too :) :) :)

I got into the whole thing way too late to do anything worthwhile...only helped out with banners and stuff :) :)

If ya free...pop in :)

ha ha I live in the kingdom of the great (fu)King Dutugamunu Silva. :lol:

The hunupitiya road is very good thanks to the late sripathi,the oil refinery road is the best,just go past the check point then on it's 3 miles of pure heaven.but if you really wanna enjoy, the puttlam-chilaw road is the best, I sometimes go alone and stay at a cheap hotel for the weekend and blast the Thunderace during the wee hours,i've seen some high performence cars doing the same including aravinda's ferrari.

I'm coming deffa to the walk,how will i know ya?

Edited by HelRazor

always wondered why they have this sorta insane limit for bikes...

at one time folks were saying that, it is kept low so that cops in higher displacement bikes can catch ya but when i was about 16 or summin i've outrun chasing coppers twice on a 200cc and a 250cc...

both were like 80's models :)

Cops would never ride on the edge as we do :lol: And with 2 stroke's smokescreen at high revs they don't get ya number plate also :P

:violent-smiley-030::angry-smiley-048::action-smiley-060:

ha ha I live in the kingdom of the great (fu)King Dutugamunu Silva. :lol:

The hunupitiya road is very good thanks to the late sripathi,the oil refinery road is the best,just go past the check point then on it's 3 miles of pure heaven.but if you really wanna enjoy, the puttlam-chilaw road is the best, I sometimes go alone and stay at a cheap hotel for the weekend and blast the Thunderace during the wee hours,i've seen some high performence cars doing the same including aravinda's ferrari.

I'm coming deffa to the walk,how will i know ya?

oh well...i'm also from Kelaniya...now living in wattala...

the walk this time aint a "walk" due to security scenes... I'll most probably be in the motorshow area cos our batch is doing the whole thing..

Edited by Ripper

oh well...i'm also from Kelaniya...now living in wattala...

the walk this time aint a "walk" due to security scenes... I'll most probably be in the motorshow area cos our batch is doing the whole thing..

when your there...gimme a ring on 0717 57 10 57

Machan where the motorshow is?

Can we also come?

<_< o.k boys..thx for da info..

now my ride is a Bandit V ...sooo..i found ths cbr 600 and a 400 modified as a 600(600 cats eye lights and silencer under the seat)

so.. :rolleyes: i was hoping to buy one of them...but...with ths senario...i think... i'll stay with ma Bandit <_<

Dont change yr mind about the 600. Go for it.

We got a good turnout for trackdays at Pannala & it keeps improving each time we go there.

Its one of the best places to enjoy your riding. ;) no 3 wheelers, no buses, no dogs (the 4 legged types & the 2 legged types .. like cops)

Look for a group called "Pannala Trak day Fan Club" on FB. U'll see photos (Just in case u havent been to Pannala yet).

Some of the guys are planning another Track day for the near future. So keep in touch.

cheers.

Edited by shamitz

Dont change yr mind about the 600. Go for it.

We got a good turnout for trackdays at Pannala & it keeps improving each time we go there.

Its one of the best places to enjoy your riding. ;) no 3 wheelers, no buses, no dogs (the 4 legged types & the 2 legged types .. like cops)

Look for a group called "Pannala Trak day Fan Club" on FB. U'll see photos (Just in case u havent been to Pannala yet).

Some of the guys are planning another Track day for the near future. So keep in touch.

cheers.

yesterday i saw a registered Kawi 1300cc at SJC motoshow... the guys rode the damn thing in :)

bloody nice bike with speedo reading over 320 or something like that...

wonder how these guys go about with such big machines without getting copped?????

yesterday i saw a registered Kawi 1300cc at SJC motoshow... the guys rode the damn thing in :)

bloody nice bike with speedo reading over 320 or something like that...

wonder how these guys go about with such big machines without getting copped?????

They do get copped :) .. just a matter of how one would get around the cop.

I ride a tzr250 with R1 bodywork & rear straight exhaust. (like the post 2004 R1s) on the street. I get stopped all the time cos they think I'm on a high capacity machine. I just smile & talk to em politely .. a little friendly chit chat can get u out of a complication most of the time.

I've got a real R1 (engine, exhaust, suspension upgraded for racing in Japan).I never bothered to register it. I use it only on the track. Never on public roads.

about the Riders' track day I mentioned earlier ....

There's one happening on 27th October. Being a monday .. its a public holiday but not a mercantile holiday.

Lot of known riders have already confirmed.

More details on the FB group "Pannala Trak day Fan Club" (I know "Track" has been spelt wrong, but thats how the group has been named)

cheers!

They do get copped :) .. just a matter of how one would get around the cop.

I ride a tzr250 with R1 bodywork & rear straight exhaust. (like the post 2004 R1s) on the street. I get stopped all the time cos they think I'm on a high capacity machine. I just smile & talk to em politely .. a little friendly chit chat can get u out of a complication most of the time.

I've got a real R1 (engine, exhaust, suspension upgraded for racing in Japan).I never bothered to register it. I use it only on the track. Never on public roads.

Is there any pictures of the motorcycle track day posted anywhere?

but if you really wanna enjoy, the puttlam-chilaw road is the best, I sometimes go alone and stay at a cheap hotel for the weekend and blast the Thunderace during the wee hours,i've seen some high performence cars doing the same including aravinda's ferrari.

that sounds brilliant.