• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Aging Of Plugs

kumaras

Hi Friends,

I have run my Civic (EK 3) for more than 1 year after replacing N-K plugs.It is nearly 8,000 km on average traffic roads and experiencing starting problem in the morning.Other than that no issue.

I wonder this coming from plugs, and Apprciate yr advise on this. Also, what is the milege a normal plug set can bear ?????

looking forward yr valuable inputs.

(I have been in the forum since 2006 under different name ,though this is my first post under this name :rolleyes: )

Hi Friends,

I have run my Civic (EK 3) for more than 1 year after replacing N-K plugs.It is nearly 8,000 km on average traffic roads and experiencing starting problem in the morning.Other than that no issue.

I wonder this coming from plugs, and Apprciate yr advise on this. Also, what is the milege a normal plug set can bear ?????

(I have been in the forum since 2006 under different name ,though this is my first post under this name :rolleyes: )

IMO a year is not enough to ruin a set a plugs..how ever you should have them checked...failing to start maybe caused by a thousand differant faults..so i don't think ppl here can reply correctly solely based on the info you've given above..good luck :)

Edited by HelRazor

IMO a year is not enough to ruin a set a plugs..how ever you should have them checked...failing to start maybe caused by a thousand differant faults..so i don't think ppl here can reply correctly solely based on the info you've given above..good luck :)

Hi Helrazor,

Tks for taking yr time in replying. Yes, I had them checked few months ago while doing a tuning, the machanic hints better change the plugs thogh I said plugs are new ????? :unsure:

So, wondering the age of the plug set ????? <_<

Hi Friends,

I don’t believe NGK. Does Honda originally recommend NGK? I usually use ND (Denso) bcos Toyota recommends ND. So try to contact Honda agents and get to know what the genuine plug is for Honda. Use the Honda recommend plug with confident.

Tks , Nilantha. :rolleyes:

Feel like changing plugs.I also heared ND plugs are better.Will check with the dealer.

By the way,do U know the web link to determine plug type ?????

oh well... you gotta take nilantha's comments with a pinch of salt mate...

the man is a toyota "freak" and whatever that's non toyota is not deemed all that great...

If toyota made tyres and filled em up with toyota air... i'm sure he'll insist on that also :) :)

Denso make good plugs... no doubt on that... I too have em on after getting mine tuned at toyota....

that doesn't mean NGK is bad in any means...

picked up this on a forum

http://www.hondacarforum.com/honda-2/12090...-ngk-denso.html

seems like honda is fine with both Denso and NGK

as for a weblink for plug type... you can try something like www.sparkplugs.com but most probably the heat range might be different to what's needed in SL..

And about plugs going bad early...

Other than what others have addressed... this can also happen if the car is not in it's best mechanical shape... If ignition timing is off, if the there is oil seepage towards the combustion chamber, if the cylinder is running too lean or too rich, if the motor is is running hot etc etc etc

So it's a little difficult to have a blanker rule and say your plugs should last X amount of miles or X amount of years...

Depends on individual car and how it's maintained and run...

just my 0.02 :)

Tks , Nilantha. :rolleyes:

Feel like changing plugs.I also heared ND plugs are better.Will check with the dealer.

By the way,do U know the web link to determine plug type ?????

Kumaras, why don't you go for Iridium Plugs. those will last for like 50,000 - 60,000 Kms. bet there is a different part number for Iridium s for Hondas. you better check that with Stafford Motors