• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Insurance Claim For Interior Damage??

Car Lover

Hi all,

Can somebody tell whether, we can claim insurance for any interior parts damage? ( but not due to a road accident )

Why I’m asking this is one of my friend had a bad experience during his vehicle service recently.

Service station ppl had put some dashboard cleaning liquid on to his meter pannel transparent foil.

Now it’s totally blurred. Therefore it's soo difficult to see the meter readings.

He said it will cost him around Rs 6000 to 8000 from agents to replace only the foil.

Or else he has to purchase 2nd hand complete meter pannel ( i.e. meters+foil ) which will cost around Rs 11000-15000.

In any case can he claim this from his Insurance ?

:unsure: ????

Hi all,

Can somebody tell whether, we can claim insurance for any interior parts damage? ( but not due to a road accident )

Why I’m asking this is one of my friend had a bad experience during his vehicle service recently.

Service station ppl had put some dashboard cleaning liquid on to his meter pannel transparent foil.

Now it’s totally blurred. Therefore it's soo difficult to see the meter readings.

He said it will cost him around Rs 6000 to 8000 from agents to replace only the foil.

Or else he has to purchase 2nd hand complete meter pannel ( i.e. meters+foil ) which will cost around Rs 11000-15000.

try some toothpaste , brasso or vim dishwash bar on the plastic - it ought to clear things up

Hi all,

What was this service station? A reputed place? I got some white spots on my meter panel as well...and i suspect its b'cos the service ppl used the same cloth which they cleaned the dash to wipe the panel as well :angry-smiley-024:

Hi all,

hmmm.... not too sure but my guess is that you can't file a claim for this...

If i remember correct the policies cover only specified types of damage... Unless the policy covers "damage caused by carelessness" etc you wont be able to claim...

i got a FP comprehensive with all add ons and they have specified most of the damages they cover against...

for example now disaster cover includes things like volcano eruptions and even meteorites :)

I dont know about claiming insurance but dont ever leave your vehicle at the service station. those idiots at the service doesnt know anything about vehicles.

The white smear you got on your plastic instrument cluster is due to dashboard polish. Dont put any kind of dashboard polish to any plastic object in your vehicle. If its there for so long it maybe too late for toothpaste treatment, anayway give it a try using toothpaste or some kind of liquid wax and see if there is any difference.

I dont know about claiming insurance but dont ever leave your vehicle at the service station. those idiots at the service doesnt know anything about vehicles.

The white smear you got on your plastic instrument cluster is due to dashboard polish. Dont put any kind of dashboard polish to any plastic object in your vehicle. If its there for so long it maybe too late for toothpaste treatment, anayway give it a try using toothpaste or some kind of liquid wax and see if there is any difference.

ditto that... i too never walk away from the service area until things are finished.... and i don't use service stations that doesn't allow owners to be with their rides....

most of these places hire folks and use em without proper training... at least the basics...

and when something goes wrong they wont take the responsibility also... So it's a double slap across your face to actually pay a place and get something busted in ya car..

What was this service station? A reputed place? I got some white spots on my meter panel as well...and i suspect its b'cos the service ppl used the same cloth which they cleaned the dash to wipe the panel as well :angry-smiley-024:

Bad scene – The cost seems high for a meter board – Wats the car ?

U needs to be around once you are getting your service done – Exceptions apply

Most places don’t have a clue as to what they are doing generally if it’s new chap on the job.

One new chap was almost going to hose down a Brand New Honda CIVC engine with a high pressure hose – Say him getting ready just in time to stop him

ditto that... i too never walk away from the service area until things are finished.... and i don't use service stations that doesn't allow owners to be with their rides....

most of these places hire folks and use em without proper training... at least the basics...

and when something goes wrong they wont take the responsibility also... So it's a double slap across your face to actually pay a place and get something busted in ya car..

Agreed!

To my knowledge though, there are at least two agents who doesn't allow people to go near their vehicles during service.. and these are hot selling brands... :unsure:

Based on a personal experience with one of them, I found the guys didn't do such a good job with the interiors... for the simple reason that the car is brand new, I didn't try going to another service station & have some joker muck up the load of sensors washing the engine area.... at least, I'm assuming that with the agent, you can put a shout & workout something for damages... <_<

Agreed!

To my knowledge though, there are at least two agents who doesn't allow people to go near their vehicles during service.. and these are hot selling brands... :unsure:

Based on a personal experience with one of them, I found the guys didn't do such a good job with the interiors... for the simple reason that the car is brand new, I didn't try going to another service station & have some joker muck up the load of sensors washing the engine area.... at least, I'm assuming that with the agent, you can put a shout & workout something for damages... <_<

oh yeah... toyota is one of em...

i have been chased out a few times from their workshop.... :)

oh yeah... toyota is one of em...

i have been chased out a few times from their workshop.... :)

Thanks for your comments...

As per my friend it's a well reputed service station. BUT now it seems only the name is reputed but not the job. :angry-smiley-024:

BTW is there any one who had actually inquired b'fore "whether it is possible to claim insurance for any interior damages " from any insurance guys?

This is for NISSAN N16.

Most of the 2nd hand sellers don't like to give only the meter panel since it's come along with the complete dash board. Therefore some of them are demanding very high prices.....

Any guess on what’s the std price of a meter panel and where exactly to look for... :blink:

Thanks for your comments...

As per my friend it's a well reputed service station. BUT now it seems only the name is reputed but not the job. :angry-smiley-024:

BTW is there any one who had actually inquired b'fore "whether it is possible to claim insurance for any interior damages " from any insurance guys?

This is for NISSAN N16.

Most of the 2nd hand sellers don't like to give only the meter panel since it's come along with the complete dash board. Therefore some of them are demanding very high prices.....

Any guess on what’s the std price of a meter panel and where exactly to look for... :blink:

Not really machang... most of the shops in Nugegoda will be happy to pull of the whole meter board from a Dash. I got a meter board a few weeks back and they charged only Rs.2500 and that too, they pulled off a Dashboard, (Bluebird U14).

Gangodawila stretch, Japan Lanka Autos.

Devinda, shouldn't places which clean plastic head lamps be able to sort this out ?

Brasso would work. but you need to remove the Front lens cover of The Gauge Cluster. be very very careful cos this plastic lens is easily breakable. so use slight force when you dealing with brasso on this. I've tried this method on my Gauge cluster after some Stupid** at some Cleaning joint (While i was away) use STP or some cleaning liquid on it. got good results! get rid of small scratches too.

(PS: if your not familiar with this kinda stuff leave it to some professional to take care of it. there's a place at Delkanda [Delux Auto Lamp or something] they usually do these kinda stuff. don't be surprise if the guy there quoting some unusual prices though)

Edited by Ruslan

Brasso would work. but you need to remove the Front lens cover of The Gauge Cluster. be very very careful cos this plastic lens is easily breakable. so use slight force when you dealing with brasso on this. I've tried this method on my Gauge cluster after some Stupid** at some Cleaning joint (While i was away) use STP or some cleaning liquid on it. got good results! get rid of small scratches too.

(PS: if your not familiar with this kinda stuff leave it to some professional to take care of it. there's a place at Delkanda [Delux Auto Lamp or something] they usually do these kinda stuff. don't be surprise if the guy there quoting some unusual prices though)

After all the comparisons "cleaning vs buy " finally he decided to buy a complete 2nd hand meter cluster.

Seems he got several offers between Rs 3000~5000 from delkanda area.

But now there is another question to clarify regarding the guage culster: ;) which i'll post it under Forum--> Ask an expert --> Electrical

Thanks for all your comments... :rolleyes:

After all the comparisons "cleaning vs buy " finally he decided to buy a complete 2nd hand meter cluster.

Seems he got several offers between Rs 3000~5000 from delkanda area.

But now there is another question to clarify regarding the guage culster: ;) which i'll post it under Forum--> Ask an expert --> Electrical

Thanks for all your comments... :rolleyes:

If i understood you correctly, its the plastic lense cover thats damaged. Why r u buying the whole meter cluster :unsure:

If i understood you correctly, its the plastic lense cover thats damaged. Why r u buying the whole meter cluster :unsure:

Jehan,

My friend is bound to purchase complete guage set, since non of the 2nd hand sellers willing to give only the lense.

Seems lense only can be purchased from agents. ( but @ a very high price ...... Brandnew lense only costs more than 2nd hand complete guage set )

:rolleyes:

Edited by Car Lover