• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ac Compressor Problem

Hungry_Minder

Question

Hi,

I have a Mitsubishi Lancer GLX 19-xxxx one.

There is a problem with AC Compressor

One technician told me that there is a small leak in compressor. Then he tried to fix it

but nothing happens. After few days when I check that Gas bottle it was empty.

So then I thought to buy a used AC compressor and check aroud Wijerama/delkanda

But unfortunately they didn't have AC compressor for that model

So now I am in a trouble.I want get this done immediately.So anybody know the place to fix this

or any place me to buy used one (please let me know the price for used one).Is that possible me to use similar one.It doesnt matter to me

if its a another car model.

Anybody can help me.

Thanks in advanced

See the image!

7 answers to this question

Hi,

I have a Mitsubishi Lancer GLX 19-xxxx one.

There is a problem with AC Compressor

One technician told me that there is a small leak in compressor. Then he tried to fix it

but nothing happens. After few days when I check that Gas bottle it was empty.

So then I thought to buy a used AC compressor and check aroud Wijerama/delkanda

But unfortunately they didn't have AC compressor for that model

So now I am in a trouble.I want get this done immediately.So anybody know the place to fix this

or any place me to buy used one (please let me know the price for used one).Is that possible me to use similar one.It doesnt matter to me

if its a another car model.

Anybody can help me.

Thanks in advanced

See the image!

Hi,

I know of the issues with Mitsubishi Compressors as I have a Mitsubishi myself. I assume your car has a 4G15 engine ? in which case it should not be too difficult to find the compressor. The last time I searched for a compressor I found 3 of these ones in Wijerama and another in an AC place in Maharagama. I'm quite confident you will find one in Wijerama, else go to the "Engine watte" in Panchikawatte where you should be able to get one removed from an engine.

The sad thing is my garage had one of these compressors spare from an engine which went bust due to a broken timing belt, and they gave it to me, but I returned it since it would not fit mine (mine is a 4G91 engine) and they had thrown it in the dump and now is rotten beyond use :(

Hi,

I know of the issues with Mitsubishi Compressors as I have a Mitsubishi myself. I assume your car has a 4G15 engine ? in which case it should not be too difficult to find the compressor. The last time I searched for a compressor I found 3 of these ones in Wijerama and another in an AC place in Maharagama. I'm quite confident you will find one in Wijerama, else go to the "Engine watte" in Panchikawatte where you should be able to get one removed from an engine.

The sad thing is my garage had one of these compressors spare from an engine which went bust due to a broken timing belt, and they gave it to me, but I returned it since it would not fit mine (mine is a 4G91 engine) and they had thrown it in the dump and now is rotten beyond use :(

Hi thx for your reply.I appreciate it

gO TO air frost AT PATTIYA JUNCTION BEFORE PELIYAGODA railway crossing . That place is very reliable and reasanable also they could find any type of compressors. the staff is technically qualified.

Jaga where do these guys find their compressors from ?

Small word of caution – try to avoid piston compressors –

Hope this is true but heard the compressor pistons (Whatever they are) are notorious for sucking the power of the car.

Any 1 else know of this issue or who can shed some light ?

Piston type compressors provide better compression on lower revs but require a lot more torque to operate thus don't work very well with small petrol engines.

My car when I bought it had a town ace compressor which did not work well at all in the car, and I after a lot of effort finally hunted down an original rotary type compressor and put it in its place and all the issues I had with cooling and pulling were solved.

You should always try to replace your compressor with an original made for your model of vehicle and engine as the factory have paired it with the engine taking in to consideration things like power, torque, the strength of the belt pulling the compressor, the load on the belt etc, and when you attempt to play around with it you end up with undesirable effects such as,

loss of power

inefficient cooling due to early cut off

leaks of coolant due to too much pressure

compressor belt premature wear and breakage

all of these happened to me !