• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Xtrail Gt

isam

Thanks for reading my post.

Anybody own/have used the Nissan Xtrail GT 2.0 Turbo (2001)? Just want to know the fuel consumption, durability and the going market price.

Your comments are most valued.

Thanks again.

Edited by isam

Anybody own/have used the Nissan Xtrail GT 2.0 Turbo (2001)? Just want to know the fuel consumption, durability and the going market price.

Thanks again.

X-trail GT thread---- http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?showtopic=3386

i was interested in one when my family was on the market for a small SUV sometime ago....as far as i know seems like a good car....good pulling power,high end power excellant...imo not comfortable as the rav4 though.....

but i hated the meter cluster arrangement being in the middle...no matter how long i test drove one i just couldn't get used to it.... it felt like one of my testies were missing :lol:

Edited by HelRazor

X-trail GT thread---- http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?showtopic=3386

i was interested in one when my family was on the market for a small SUV sometime ago....as far as i know seems like a good car....good pulling power,high end power excellant...imo not comfortable as the rav4 though.....

but i hated the meter cluster arrangement being in the middle...no matter how long i test drove one i just couldn't get used to it.... it felt like one of my testies were missing :lol:

100% agree on the meter cluster. If there's anything I hate about XTrail it is the this awkward arrangement. There are many disadvantages of this arrangement including your spouse being able to read the speedometer... :mellow:

Can't think of any other reason for this than cost cutting. Can't forgive Nissan for being cheap... :angry-smiley-024:

Any idea on the fuel consumption? Because of the turbo consumption should be higher than the normal neda?

Edited by isam

100% agree on the meter cluster. If there's anything I hate about XTrail it is the this awkward arrangement. There are many disadvantages of this arrangement including your spouse being able to read the speedometer... :mellow:

Can't think of any other reason for this than cost cutting. Can't forgive Nissan for being cheap... :angry-smiley-024:

Any idea on the fuel consumption? Because of the turbo consumption should be higher than the normal neda?

Not just the Nisans but the Toyota's with the Vios & IST's -

the whole point of having the meter cluster in the middle is to improve the visibility for the driver. i don't know why everyone find it so annoying its just need bit of getting used to. you are spot on about the spouse thing though

that things got a cracker of an engine! IMO the best 2L jap motor around

can't go too far wrong in the performance stakes with a SR20VE + Turbo chucking out nearly 280 horses! :blink:

:)

I read the previous thread, and just could not believe the turbo coming on at 6000rpm. I think that there is some error there, Turbo coming on at 6000RPM for a motor redlining at 7200RPM :blink: :blink: What's the use of that?

The few motors with turbo that I've seen :rolleyes: , have the turbo kicking in around 2000~2500RPM.

It’s the matter of you getting use to the center meter cluster. Had a difficult time getting use to mine as well in the beginning. But now I think it’s better than the conventional meter cluster. Lesser time and adjustment between, road---meter reading---road again, and undisturbed view. But again spouse factor is a definite disadvantage.

Isn’t turbo kicking @ 2000-2500 too low in others, and heavy on your wallet, if it’s your daily drive? Hmmm… 6000 is bit too high as well. I would like it @ around 4000… I think since X-trail is a SUV, it may be not for high end acceleration, but for low end torque.

Thanks again.

We have run a few X-Trails in the fleet over the years not GTs though. Its been a bit expensive with work on the cooling system, suspension, sensors and electricals. Not sure how it would be with personal low mileage use.

The GT models sell for a bit less than the non turbo models which go in the range of 3-3.4 million for 2001/2 models.

The CVT gear box on the GT is something to watch for.

Haven't driven a GT but if its anything like the normally aspirated version, I'd be careful with the pedal.