• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Top Gear's James May Was Here Holidaying

miniace

Do you guys know that James may aka Capt Slow was here holidaying at Amanwella and Amangalle resorts for ten days and flew back to UK on 1st afternoon.He flew the Deccan V*P helicopter from Tangalle to Katunayake intl Airport this (1st)morning.

May is going to comeback and do an episode/article on surviving ex-colonial motoring assets in SL.Got a chance to talk to him and he is amazed about dare-devil stunts played by Bus drivers and trishaw guys!(no wonder)

may22fb7.jpg

w290.png

MINIACE

Hmm why not :) !!!

MINIACE

:lol: not yours :P j.k

:D no but seriously did u get his?? :huh:

:)

but seriously it would be awesome to have him come here and do a documentary for the BBC about cars in SL ne!

...hmmm i don't think our export regulations permit classics and vintage cars to be taken outta the country so i don't think we have much to fear...

but just imagine the kind of publicity Sri Lanka would get if we were featured one something to do with Top Gear!! :blink:

devinda, it might not necessarily be for top gear. cos it sounds a bit too factual for them. those 3 do various other programs for bbc. so it could very well be just a 1 hour documentary. still, i'll try to get a copy of it :D

yup been a fan of some of thier other work as well - especially James May's Big Ideas :)

one of the most watchable and yet factually intruiging programmes off late - shame it was just the 3 episodes :(

• 9 months later...

Very sadly a week after building this dream Lego castle authorities of Dorking, Surrey wanted this one of a kind dream house downed.It was completely removed during the last week of September.

Sadly it was built without the proper permits, Now, it is being dismantled and the pieces will be broken down into much smaller ones and eventually donated to children's charities where they are hoping the house will be rebuilt into 100,000 space villages.

sad very sad...sure May is very disappointed.

MINIACE

Nope ..no pics allowed ha ha!

MINIACE

So Miniace, you're perhaps the only one on AL who've met captain slow in person? I guess that makes you a celebrity! :-)

Found a picture of you with your bird.

http://www.simplifly.com/dhsl/images/galle...25082008189.jpg

Edited by madmax

So Miniace, you're perhaps the only one on AL who've met captain slow in person? I guess that makes you a celebrity! :-)

Found a picture of you with your bird.

http://www.simplifly.com/dhsl/images/galle...25082008189.jpg

Thanks mate! That was taken sometime back and location was Bluewaters Wadduwa.Thats the old machine...must see the new babe....only 900hrs done sofar!!

MINIACE