• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Kilinochchi Has Fallen

Velocity

Not saying government is not capable of such, especially given the levels of security offered to most areas these days... but this one looks a pretty plain stupid act when gosl knows for sure the blame will come their way...

Even if the blame comes their way do you think that they will give a rat$ a$$ about it? I don't think so. The situation is "This is how we rule! If you don't like it better migrate. If you can't migrate keep eyes and ears closed! or else ...

So, the choice is yours!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does look very obvious but who else could it be? This is not the first time something of this nature has taken place in this land like no other. This government has carried out one too many of these obvious attacks. A good example been Lasantha’s press that is situated in the Ratmalana HSZ been set on fire few months back.

This regime does not give two hoots about what people think. They know that enough jokers have already jumped on the ‘patriotic’ bandwagon and they think they are invincible.

I think the question you should ask is not ‘are they that dumb?’ but ‘are they that that arrogant?’ and the answer is YES

You make a good point there xXx... I didnt really consider the Arrogance question, and now that I do, It's pretty obvious that THAT answer is definitely yes.... The REAL question i suppose is will there ever be an end to the madness? It's looking increasingly as though the answer will be "Not in this lifetime" :(

just got the text saying he passed away... Deepest sympathies go out to his family, and one more voice that was taking on Rajapakse Brothers (Pvt) Ltd. has been consigned to history....

Well at least this should put paid to theories of "he arranged it himself for publicity"

Sad sad situation... Opposition is supposed to be rallying for something or the other today, I do hope they take this up as well.... and maybe that the joint opposition actually stop there petty infighting and work to get the country out of what is quickly spiralling into a dangerous situation... being led by what is basically a goon squad.

I don't think this is something to point of that minorities are threatened. Even the majority is in a pickle in this one! This is a law and order issue, not a racist one.

it's like this peri,

if smone frm the majority race who speaks against the government gets this treatment, then wt abt smone frm the minority?

i bet this is not gonna stop here.

there is a list im sure which they are trying to eliminate within the next few weeks :unsure:

it's like this peri,

if smone frm the majority race who speaks against the government gets this treatment, then wt abt smone frm the minority?

i bet this is not gonna stop here.

there is a list im sure which they are trying to eliminate within the next few weeks :unsure:

The point is, machang, there is no use thinking that it'll be worse for a minority. Dead is dead, no matter what your race. They aren't gonna do something extra special coz someone is in the minority. Being majority or minority doesn't afford any protection from lawlessness, everyone is equally victimized here. This is not a racial or ethnic issue. Just coz it happens at a time when we are dealing with such issues in the country, it shouldn't all be lumped together. You don't need to fear this as a minority, you need to fear this as a citizen of Sri Lanka, and in this everyone is equal! (well, bar political thugs, of course)

Agree on your other two points tho. Probably the CJ.

Anyone interested in re-forming the Sri Lanka National Handball Team?

Edited by Pericles

This country has rapidly gone to the dogs.... its a shame that in a country with such a high literacy rate, people still believe in false propaganda and goons who believe they are superior than the rest... from trishaw drivers who are now ministers to servant boys that are now 'DR.Thugs' this country will never be in peace... even if we clear out the LTTE on territory alone, Terror cells will form underground and reek havoc on the people... its a mixture of issues from people making money to the arrogance of power that will always be on the top of every politicians agenda... at least the people on this forum are civil...have any of you taken a look at the posts on www.c*l*u*b*l*K.us regarding the shooting? its frankly despicable... And these people call themselves educated sri lankans? bloody hell no wonder the best minds we have to offer leave this country and seek a better life elsewhere... its truly sad... im starting to wonder myself what future we have here? and i was one that was a adamant supporter of returning to this country and giving back...no im taking a second thought on the matter.... sheeesh...

The point is, machang, there is no use thinking that it'll be worse for a minority. Dead is dead, no matter what your race. They aren't gonna do something extra special coz someone is in the minority. Being majority or minority doesn't afford any protection from lawlessness, everyone is equally victimized here. This is not a racial or ethnic issue. Just coz it happens at a time when we are dealing with such issues in the country, it shouldn't all be lumped together. You don't need to fear this as a minority, you need to fear this as a citizen of Sri Lanka, and in this everyone is equal! (well, bar political thugs, of course)

A big Amen for this...

This may be a work of UNP and LTTE to make unrest in the south to stop ongoing military operations and make a way for Praba to escape.

Those who now talk about media freedom and human right in the country, did they do such when hundreds of civilians were killed by bus bombs.

Lasantha is no a sort of clean guy, few months age he went to India with Ranil. There he did some interviews with TN politicians there he tried hard to make a conflict between Sri Lanka Government and TN politicians.

Anyone interested in re-forming the Sri Lanka National Handball Team?

thts a good one Peri, however migrating is no more an option as they're laying off heavily in other countries.. if not for this global economic crisis, you would've formed hundreds of Handball teams...

This may be a work of UNP and LTTE to make unrest in the south to stop ongoing military operations and make a way for Praba to escape.

Those who now talk about media freedom and human right in the country, did they do such when hundreds of civilians were killed by bus bombs.

Lasantha is no a sort of clean guy, few months age he went to India with Ranil. There he did some interviews with TN politicians there he tried hard to make a conflict between Sri Lanka Government and TN politicians.

so does that make it ok to put a bullet in his head?

Is killing people the only way to handle issues we have with those who don't share our view?

If that's the case we are not any different to ltte, the evil we're all trying to eliminate.

at least the people on this forum are civil...have any of you taken a look at the posts on www.c*l*u*b*l*K.us regarding the shooting? its frankly despicable... And these people call themselves educated sri lankans?

i was gonna quote it smhow now :rolleyes:

oh god im a member there too

its quite terrible

the namecalling and personal bashing oh god...

any thread which is started here is guaranteed to end up on bashing the UNP or LTTE :violent-smiley-030:

in the sense i am VERY PLEASED with the people here in AL

i really cant express how i feel abt you guys. in such a sensitive thread all are quite cool and being polite in debates.

thumbs up guys! B)

Edited by NPP

my thoughts exactly but on the other hand... 1st of Jan, Mr. president takes over Media ministry... Sirasa Gets attacked and judging by the operation that looked pretty pro...government must've been behind it...

But for Lasantha, a staunch critique of the government getting shot few days after that???

Not saying government is not capable of such, especially given the levels of security offered to most areas these days... but this one looks a pretty plain stupid act when gosl knows for sure the blame will come their way...

My thoughts are the same. nobody wants play it to someones hands right? i doubt this is a act of govt. by knowing the consequences of it. although that doesn't mean Gov is incapable of doing such act.

Edited by Ruslan

watching these incidents on the internet from a far away land it sure isnt the same as being in the country and gaining first and experience on the political situation. you hear about a victory in the north and everybody starts jumping in joy cos we arent quite aware of the political conflicts in the south. but when im there everybody's complaining about the high inflation and discrimination and even harassment of people with "wrong" political views. i.e. one thats different to whats deemed right by the heads of state.

i think this is the same case with pro-ltte tamils living abroad. they are completely unaware of the fact that there own people are being held hostage, being attacked senselessly. and shot at when feel burdened. they think their heros in the front line are doing a good job. their leader is very greatful man. (not the kind of person who'd order to shoot their own injured soldiers because they cant afford to transport them to medical facilities, like he did when k'nochchi was captured).

but thats not my point. watching all these events from abroad i can qoute without being baised to any political party our country is heading towards jeopardy. when i was watching this youtube video about Mr. Wickramatunge's murder the kind of comments i saw reflected the ones you'd see on an sl military video, where some ltte supporter would come and boo it. and some sla supporter would come and write some filth against him. it was the same comments except they were written by supporters of the two major political parties of sl.

the war will finish. but there will be another political war. probably a war where one parties supporters will be erased off for good. and i'm guessing it'll be of the weaker party right now. could it be the start of a semi dictatorship? or a full on one? at this point i'd like to tell you i'm not accusing Mr. Rajapakshe for anything. he's already doing a great job in the north. but if one feels if he's responsible for any dictator like behaviour in the south allow me to explain.

i believe us sri lankans dont have that inherent decision making ability to choose the right party with the right views at the right time. what i'm trying to say is we always stay biased to one party no matter what, cos maybe thats what we were taught by our parents, or by our friends. and then we vote for them at every little election even if they r not suited for that council or borough. if they break bones of another party's supporter, u say "good riddance" and carry on believing its the best party no matter what. you never stand up and say thats wrong you shouldn't be doing that, and when they use their power unjustly (for instance using the government media networks to sing about their achievements or diss an opposing party, or using the military and police forces at their will) we just approve it with the slightest hesitation.

thats whats wrong with us. we seem to have lost our ability to see whats wrong and right. we are blinded by a curtain of loyalty and care free attitude. we are stuck in a battle with our own kind in which the right is the one who's on our side. if anybody criticises our political views and actions they are wrong (or as is the case nowadays, they support the ltte).

this being a 3rd world country no party can escape the discripnacies, and allegations for their past actions. but as people of a democratic nation, our job is to approve whats right and disapprove the wrong fullstop. its why nobody from what we call the majority nowadays objects to any unreasonable action of the government that they carry on doing it. if we could for a moment struck them with fear that such actions would prove ungainly in their next election, they'd be a lot more careful. you see thats whats wrong with is. we so blindly approves anything done by the political parties we worship we've forgotten whats wrong and right. and because they know that fact they use it to their full advantage. its not their fault. its ours.

if the ltte could see this they'd probably laugh to death. and long after they are gone i can see us, people of one nation, one race, fighting one another silently and sometimes openly because they believe that their party is always right.

On the contrary Peri, minorities and especially Tamils do feel threatened a lot more than the Sinhalese. Lawlessness will affect a Tamil person much more than a Singhala person, that's a fact. I realize this when I am with my Tamil friends. There are so many instances where I have no fear but they have plenty.

Just imagine if there was someone with the same talent as Lasantha who was a Tamil..... Would he have achieved half as much as Lasantha did? I doubt. He would have been killed with his 3rd editorial!

Let me guess, you watch Rupavahini news and read the Daily News? Anyone should have the right to talk about anything and express their views without getting killed uless we live in Cuba.

So Lasantha was buddies with Ranil and went to TN with him......There they hatched a plan for the UNP to kill Lasantha!!?? So that military operation will be stopped???? Wake up mate. Snap out of your hypnosis please.

Who was feeling threatened by Lasantha's revelations? The UNP? Or the Ruling govt? Or the LTTE? If the govenment has nothing to hide why did they not arrest anyone after the Leader press was burned? Why are all journos threatend? If what they are saying is wrong all they have to do is prove it!!!! There's no need to kill......................unless its the truth and they can't hide anymore!

I salute Lasantha for his bravery! He was never afraid to reveal the truth and criticise anyone, including Ranil when he was in power - How soon we forget! Amidst constant threats and intimidation he never backed off.

He's a true hero in a country mostly full of cowards and idiots who love being taken on a good ride with a false promise!

His death won't be in vain, you wait and see! The cowardly dogs who did this will pay one day!

your right just like you I too follow the news on the internet from abroad and feel sad the way things have turned out and i agree with your comments fully mate,Sri Lanka is such a beautiful land and see the mess that man has made now

watching these incidents on the internet from a far away land it sure isnt the same as being in the country and gaining first and experience on the political situation. you hear about a victory in the north and everybody starts jumping in joy cos we arent quite aware of the political conflicts in the south. but when im there everybody's complaining about the high inflation and discrimination and even harassment of people with "wrong" political views. i.e. one thats different to whats deemed right by the heads of state.

i think this is the same case with pro-ltte tamils living abroad. they are completely unaware of the fact that there own people are being held hostage, being attacked senselessly. and shot at when feel burdened. they think their heros in the front line are doing a good job. their leader is very greatful man. (not the kind of person who'd order to shoot their own injured soldiers because they cant afford to transport them to medical facilities, like he did when k'nochchi was captured).

but thats not my point. watching all these events from abroad i can qoute without being baised to any political party our country is heading towards jeopardy. when i was watching this youtube video about Mr. Wickramatunge's murder the kind of comments i saw reflected the ones you'd see on an sl military video, where some ltte supporter would come and boo it. and some sla supporter would come and write some filth against him. it was the same comments except they were written by supporters of the two major political parties of sl.

the war will finish. but there will be another political war. probably a war where one parties supporters will be erased off for good. and i'm guessing it'll be of the weaker party right now. could it be the start of a semi dictatorship? or a full on one? at this point i'd like to tell you i'm not accusing Mr. Rajapakshe for anything. he's already doing a great job in the north. but if one feels if he's responsible for any dictator like behaviour in the south allow me to explain.

i believe us sri lankans dont have that inherent decision making ability to choose the right party with the right views at the right time. what i'm trying to say is we always stay biased to one party no matter what, cos maybe thats what we were taught by our parents, or by our friends. and then we vote for them at every little election even if they r not suited for that council or borough. if they break bones of another party's supporter, u say "good riddance" and carry on believing its the best party no matter what. you never stand up and say thats wrong you shouldn't be doing that, and when they use their power unjustly (for instance using the government media networks to sing about their achievements or diss an opposing party, or using the military and police forces at their will) we just approve it with the slightest hesitation.

thats whats wrong with us. we seem to have lost our ability to see whats wrong and right. we are blinded by a curtain of loyalty and care free attitude. we are stuck in a battle with our own kind in which the right is the one who's on our side. if anybody criticises our political views and actions they are wrong (or as is the case nowadays, they support the ltte).

this being a 3rd world country no party can escape the discripnacies, and allegations for their past actions. but as people of a democratic nation, our job is to approve whats right and disapprove the wrong fullstop. its why nobody from what we call the majority nowadays objects to any unreasonable action of the government that they carry on doing it. if we could for a moment struck them with fear that such actions would prove ungainly in their next election, they'd be a lot more careful. you see thats whats wrong with is. we so blindly approves anything done by the political parties we worship we've forgotten whats wrong and right. and because they know that fact they use it to their full advantage. its not their fault. its ours.

if the ltte could see this they'd probably laugh to death. and long after they are gone i can see us, people of one nation, one race, fighting one another silently and sometimes openly because they believe that their party is always right.

If these allegations are true he should be brought in front of justice and prosecuted. On what basis are you trying to rationalize gunning down a fellow human being? If everyone starts shooting at others whom they don't like; the country will be a shooting gallery. :violent-smiley-030:

If someone is trying to create an uprising by killing a media man that could be classified as... um... DUMB? :action-smiley-060: Sri Lankan people know better how to respond to this kind of things. The whole country is supporting the forces and will do nothing but supporting all the way.

IMO a proper investigation should be carried out by the NIB or CID to find the killers (rather than pointing fingers). Such reports should be exposed and criminals should be brought to justice. There are many such investigations with no report being published. And sadly, our people forget too soon.

Funny thing is when it comes to law and order, no one is responsible, as if it is nobody's baby.

My first reaction upon reading your post was basically Unprintable, my second was the same. It is because of ignorant, uneducated fools like you that this country is on a one way ticket to hell in a handcart!

Wickramatunga was in the MEDIA, therefore he is allowed to have an OPINION. it CAN BE A DIFFERENT ONE from that of the government, thats what makes for a FREE MEDIA... Kapisch? Just because he didnt pick up the damn pom poms and go ra ra ra for every single thing Our dearly beloved higher ups did does NOT give the likes of you the right to make judgement calls like that.

Try to remember that on Autolanka at least, we dont buy all the bullshit that is fed to us.

Proper investigation should be done for Mr. Wickramatunga s Case. if the opposition tries to get political advantage over his dead body that should be condemned as well. im not surprise to see they comes into play when somebodies down (Remember what happened to MP Raviraj s Funeral? some Political jokers took his Coffin for a rally and left it over somewhere in Colombo) it's so pathetic to see our politicians try to get advantage over dead bodies as well. well we are living in "Land like No Other" after all.

Edited by Ruslan

Proper investigation should be done for Mr. Wickramatunga s Case. if the opposition tries to get political advantage over his dead body that should be condemned as well. im not surprise to see they comes into play when somebodies down (Remember what happened to MP Raviraj s Funeral? some Political jokers took his Coffin for a rally and left it over somewhere in Colombo) it's so pathetic to see our politicians try to get advantage over dead bodies as well. well we are living in "Land like No Other" after all.

seriously mate! you think any investigations by anybody will find the culprits?

it's plain to see to see who benefits the most out of LW's demise... and they aint gonna do jack to find the true assassins here

seriously mate! you think any investigations by anybody will find the culprits?

it's plain to see to see who benefits the most out of LW's demise... and they aint gonna do jack to find the true assassins here

I'm not surprised, after all we Sri Lankans forget all what happened in few weeks.. :angry-smiley-048:

Seems all political parties are the same, starting from premawathi manamperi's body, continuing from suriyakanda to today... all are funeral undertakers... :angry-smiley-048:

On the other hand it is the duty of Opposition to force the government to have a proper investigation if the government is not going to have one, and that should not be classified as seeking political advantage. After all, Sri Lankans have enough brains to understand seeking justice from seeking advantage. People can play the judging role