• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Supra

ash

Was there a Supra model built in mid 70's. Twin head lights… 2 door coupe. 2 long lights in the rear.

Plz give me some more details on this model. Are there any of them Surviving in SL?

yes there is one.. it's a gold one that was gotten down on a permit. it's on english plates...G series i think.. but nothing like the condition of the cars in the pic...

when i went to see it, it was down the late infront of colombo jewellers...9th lane i think. might be still there

Did a search on the web inline with Celica. Found what I was looking for. It’s the Celica GT. 1976. Heard there is a one in Kandy… & one in CMB. Any restored ones you guys know of???

Some pics found on the net...

19803796gh1.jpg

33438176nu2.jpg

50835451um7.jpg

31950759ls8.jpg

Edited by ash

yes there is one.. it's a gold one that was gotten down on a permit. it's on english plates...G series i think.. but nothing like the condition of the cars in the pic...

when i went to see it, it was down the late infront of colombo jewellers...9th lane i think. might be still there

yes thats the one i was talking about

Did a search on the web inline with Celica. Found what I was looking for. It’s the Celica GT. 1976. Heard there is a one in Kandy… & one in CMB. Any restored ones you guys know of???

Some pics found on the net...

19803796gh1.jpg

33438176nu2.jpg

50835451um7.jpg

31950759ls8.jpg

Dunno about the Kandy example Ash, but I know there is one in colombo in the wanathamulla area... its just a bit further on from the Cricket ground if you're coming from baseline. orange car. Think it was discussed in the forum some time back. In VERY poor condition though, Literally "Kota Uda" :lol:

it appears to be at some form of garage, but has been there for years AFAIK and there hasnt been all that much work on it, although you see something or other being done from time to time.

GTAm posted a picture of a car in really really bad shape some time ago..

Oranga colour car

i've seen an old celica several times in the kiribathgoda area. it was riced out with spoilers and a flashy paintjob. not sure if its the same one

i know that car too,engine was swapped for a smaller one.......,havent seen it in about a year,used to be a joke around here for sometime,god i hope the owner isn't one of us :unsure::D

Dunno about the Kandy example Ash, but I know there is one in colombo in the wanathamulla area... its just a bit further on from the Cricket ground if you're coming from baseline. orange car. Think it was discussed in the forum some time back. In VERY poor condition though, Literally "Kota Uda" :lol:

it appears to be at some form of garage, but has been there for years AFAIK and there hasnt been all that much work on it, although you see something or other being done from time to time.

well i think you talking about the TA22 Celica lying near the j********i insurance yard wasn't it?

EDIT

----------

This is the model I'm talking about

celicata22do0.th.jpg

Edited by Ruslan

Ya... that's the one in Colombo.... Actually the owner of the garage is the owner of the car. He has got down all the parts for the restoration from Japan and said he's doing it slowly, doesn't want to sell it.

there's a supra mark 2 in wennappuwa

That's the pop up lights model...right??? not a big fan of that, but if you come across any of the above, plz let me know.

This is the model I'm talking about

celicata22do0.th.jpg

I got wrong with the rear, not the lift back model. And it's ST not GT

there was a dark blue early popup headlamp celica on sale a few years back on the m*tormag. i might still have that issue at home. is this the model in question?

There was a 70s Celica in a car sale on Kandy road 1-2 years back. Somewhere around Wewaldeniya area.