• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tyre Size Info

lasa

Question

Guys,

I'm currently have tyre size of 155/80R13 in my DX wagon. Since all tyres tracks seems wear out i'm thinking of replacing all 4 tyres. My mechanic ask me to go for the next higher tyre size. You guys have any idea which is the next higher size? Also im thinking of going with either Dunlop or GT. What is the best one out of these? Also how much will this cost?

14 answers to this question

Guys,

I'm currently have tyre size of 155/80R13 in my DX wagon. Since all tyres tracks seems wear out i'm thinking of replacing all 4 tyres. My mechanic ask me to go for the next higher tyre size. You guys have any idea which is the next higher size? Also im thinking of going with either Dunlop or GT. What is the best one out of these? Also how much will this cost?

maybe he meant the profile size...but 80 is about average for a 13"...and i cant think of any reason of going for a higher rim size except for the looks

dunlop is waaay better that GT....and also waaay expensive

Guys,

Do you know why your mechanic asked you to go for the next tyre size??

Are you thinking of going for the next size up purely because the Mechanic recommended that or because you want to go for bigger tyres?

Also what do you mean by next tyre size? Next rim size? Width of the tyre? or Profile of the tyre?

Do you know why your mechanic asked you to go for the next tyre size??

Are you thinking of going for the next size up purely because the Mechanic recommended that or because you want to go for bigger tyres?

Also what do you mean by next tyre size? Next rim size? Width of the tyre? or Profile of the tyre?

My mechanic told to go for a bigger size bcos of distance between road and car is low with my current tyres. Since my wagon is dissel 1 it might be the reason with heavy engine.

You might wanna junk the wheels totally and go for a 185/60/14 tyre with 14 inch alloy wheels, [plus half inch spacers all round],man that will look cool.

Is it possible to change to 14' from 13'? By the way my current one is not alloy wheel

My mechanic told to go for a bigger size bcos of distance between road and car is low with my current tyres. Since my wagon is dissel 1 it might be the reason with heavy engine.

Have you got an issue with the car being too low?

For example lets say you change from the 155/80/R13 to a 185/60 R14 the overall height isnt gonna change at all it will be almost the same. But if you change to a say 175/80 R14 then it will be higher by about 28mm.

maybe he meant the profile size...but 80 is about average for a 13"...and i cant think of any reason of going for a higher rim size except for the looks

dunlop is waaay better that GT....and also waaay expensive

I checked with S K Munasinghe and they said Dunlop 165 R80 13 will cost around 6700/-(Japanese) and 5600/-(Indonisian). Also GT(Champero) 165 R80 13 is around 5500/-. Due to my current finiancial situation can't spend lot here. So what you guys think? When it comes to Dunlop what is better? Japanese or Indonisian? Is GT(Champero) good? Few reviews in internet say it's handling is not good in wet condition. Is this true? Is there any other GT brand which is better?

Edited by lasa

Guys,

DUNLOP is better than GT Dunlop Indonesian one little cheaper than GT

Guys,