• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help On Buying A Sports Hatch

ck2buwa

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tharindu!!

Thank you so much for the information bro. I already checked on the cars. The eg8 hatch is in kohuwala and the sale guy is saying 11 final and seems out of ma reach mate.

The cynos guy is mad it's a 18- 1991 and hes saying 10.5 final (crazy bugger) and im not feeling lucky at all.

I have the following options for the moment. Need some opinions on those mates.

1. Theres a 301- 1999 mirage hatch white. 1500 efi manual for 8.5k

2. 300- mazda hatch red interplay version saying 7.5k

3. 18- black mazda hatch 1300 carb 6k.

People is it a wise idea to convert the 18- mazda to an interplay(1500 efi) :s. It is hard to find an engine with the complete unit :(. No any places if it is wise?

How abt the mirage hatch is it reasonable? Thank you ppl......

There's a 14- CRX close to Kandy for sale asking around 550k. Body condition is reasonable & according to the owner engine is perfect.

Any comment on this price?

well as I see it buying a car or van ( or what ever you are going to buy) the body condition is very important.

Cuz u knw why? its rather easy to put an engine or some mechanicle part than trying to fix the vehicle body.

1 if the body is damaged, what ever you do to fix the body it will not be in perfect condition ( even if you see it perfect from outside)

2 you can always repalce the damaged body part but if its a place like the rear end of the car its a lil bit diffi to do that.( trust me on this)

3 if its a car like CRX i think it will be a lil bit har to find body parts.

4.Donot trust what vehicle owners say about their cars ( In Sri Lanka) " Land Like no Other" :P

5 finally i think 5 laks will be a good offer ( 550k is kind of 2 much for a car like that)

all the above are my personal views and im not a vehicle expert

Hi Tharindu!!

Thank you so much for the information bro. I already checked on the cars. The eg8 hatch is in kohuwala and the sale guy is saying 11 final and seems out of ma reach mate.

The cynos guy is mad it's a 18- 1991 and hes saying 10.5 final (crazy bugger) and im not feeling lucky at all.

People is it a wise idea to convert the 18- mazda to an interplay(1500 efi) :s. It is hard to find an engine with the complete unit :(. No any places if it is wise?

I saw a mazda hatch for 550k last week

go for the Miraj bro ( if its in good condition) I think its real value for money and you can do a nice mod which will look decent all the best bro

well thers a 17 grand civic hatch( yom1990) ..max cond..he was askn 8 but i smell that can get arnd 730-40 range..stunnig car ( with a close ratio gearbox n few stuff done to hedder) ...for a crx 550 too much mate max i recon 4lks..

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Tharindu!!

People is it a wise idea to convert the 18- mazda to an interplay(1500 efi) :s. It is hard to find an engine with the complete unit :( . No any places if it is wise?

2. Hmmm its bloody cheap for a 300 interplay for that price. Hope under the hood too is Interplay.

Yes u can do the conversion from BG3 to BG5. Check Ta*yo at Mount. If u really!!! want, u can drop a B6T engine. ;)

• 4 months later...

after a monthnov07 buy this myvv,hav damn loud sound kreek..kreek.. while reverse.send to p2 for services and check that sound.p2 said they will send the report to HQ then call me after get the result from HQ.Until today i didnt receive any call from them.yesterday i went to p2 and they said sumting wrong with my gear boxbut not to sure and need to change and the cost to change at the p2 really..really...gila.Around rm7000.

sumone help me what the really problem with that sound...