• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Formula 1 - 2009

Devinda_Z

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sebastian Vettel put himself on pole position for the first time since Monza last year, giving R*D B*LL Racing their maiden F1 Pole position.Alonso secured the second slot followed by RBR Webber followed by Rubens and Button.

More dissapointing results from Mclaren and Ferrari camp.Kimi 7th Hamilton 9th,Heikki 12th and Massa 13th.

Renault’s and Kubica’s Joined the No KERS club means that only the two McLarens and Nick Heidfeld’s BMW Sauber are now expected to use KERS in Sunday’s race.Ferrari announced before the weekend that they would not be running KERS in China.

Sourced F1

MINIACE

Sebastian Vettel put himself on pole position for the first time since Monza last year, giving R*D B*LL Racing their maiden F1 Pole position.Alonso secured the second slot followed by RBR Webber followed by Rubens and Button.

More dissapointing results from Mclaren and Ferrari camp.Kimi 7th Hamilton 9th,Heikki 12th and Massa 13th.

Renault’s and Kubica’s Joined the No KERS club means that only the two McLarens and Nick Heidfeld’s BMW Sauber are now expected to use KERS in Sunday’s race.Ferrari announced before the weekend that they would not be running KERS in China.

Sourced F1

MINIACE

does KERS have such a big effect on things? i get how the added weight will have an impact , but still...

but that does that starting grid suddenly mean that the Brawn cars are going to be less competitive on acount of everyone joining the new rear diffuser party? :unsure:

does KERS have such a big effect on things? i get how the added weight will have an impact , but still...

but that does that starting grid suddenly mean that the Brawn cars are going to be less competitive on acount of everyone joining the new rear diffuser party? :unsure:

Im sure everyone copied the approved diffuser.That means more pressure mounted on Brawns and Toyotas.

It looks like another race is angered by the weather gods.Damn rain again in China..

MINIACE

Im sure everyone copied the approved diffuser.That means more pressure mounted on Brawns and Toyotas.

It looks like another race is angered by the weather gods.Damn rain again in China..

MINIACE

yet another Brawn podium finish! :)

but at the end of the day one really must spare a thought for Sutil! i really felt sorry for him when he lost it - just think , you gain 12 places in those torrid conditions and crash! :( Force India must have done something really nasty to have p*ssed off lady luck that much!

yet another Brawn podium finish! :)

but at the end of the day one really must spare a thought for Sutil! i really felt sorry for him when he lost it - just think , you gain 12 places in those torrid conditions and crash! :( Force India must have done something really nasty to have p*ssed off lady luck that much!

Sutil and Force india soooo close yet so far for it! That broke many peoples heart.

MINIACE

MINIACE

Nope just a few copied the double dec diffuser.. mainly LH & Nando I think.. I guess you cant just install the thing in the back with out doing all round changes in the car- which is a big issue with the testing ban.

Apparently the RB's cant event take the part as its design does not allow it- Adrian Newey was absent over the weekend and he was hard at work on the new config.

Edited by Elvis_Pil

Ecclestone: Inaction a disgrace

By Jonathan Noble Friday, April 24th 2009, 06:08 GMT

Bernie Ecclestone thinks it will be a 'disgrace' if the British government does not step in to ensure that the British Grand Prix is not dropped from the Formula 1 calendar.

Doubts about the British GP have re-emerged in the last 24 hours, when it was announced that Donington Park owner Tom Wheatcroft is taking legal action against the track's leaseholders for unpaid rent. He also wants the lease declared void.

Ecclestone has reiterated that if Donington Park does not get its act together, then that will be the end of the British GP - and thinks it is high time the government now takes action to support the race.

"If Donington can't put on the British Grand Prix then that's it," he said in Bahrain. "We will be leaving Britain. There is no question of us going back to Silverstone. They have had enough chances and have not delivered what they promised.

"It's a disgrace that the British government don't step in to help. They are throwing billions at the London Olympics. They could do what is needed to save the race by putting in a fraction of it - 0.002 per cent.

"I've been in talks with [leaseholder] Simon Gillett today and we've been talking through the money situation. I'm trying to help him sort things out. What he really needs is an investor. That's the best hope of saving the race."

World championship leader Jenson Button has also expressed his unhappiness at the situation.

"As a British driver, and motorsport is very British, it would be very disappointing not to race in my home country," he said. "I don't live in the UK, I live in Monaco, but I'm very British and very patriotic and it would be a disaster.

"It is a GP that is very hectic for a British driver because it's a very busy schedule but in a way that's what I love about it. It's great driving in and seeing all those Union Jacks.

"Even during the last couple of years when you know that, quite a few of them are for you, but a lot of them are for another British driver it's still a nice atmosphere. It's nice having the British public there supporting you when times are tough."

Source: Autosport.com

A Good article about the double decker diffuser!

http://www.gizmag.com/formula-one-double-d...diffuser/11260/

Im sure most of the cars are going to be very competitive in Spain after the newly developed diifusers are installed.Brawn and Toyota going to get a stiff comepetition.With KERS added,things are going to be real hot I guess.Still cant figure out what went wrong for Ferrari this season.

MINIACE

• 1 month later...

F1 teams are all in

After protests and controversy, Ferrari, Brawn and Co apply for 2010 F1 entries

By Stephen Dobie 29th May 2009

car_photo_309391_7.jpg

After weeks of controversy and speculation, the seemingly inevitable has happened – the 2010 Formula 1 grid is pretty much as you were.

A proposed £40m voluntary budget cap – with technical and development benefits for those who selected to comply with it – had led to threats of quitting next year’s F1 championship from all of the teams in the F1 Teams’ Association (Fota), with Ferrari the headline-grabbers.

However on signing-up deadline-day, all of those teams have now signed up, meaning Ferrari, Brawn GP, McLaren and R*D B*LL will all be present next year. Williams, BMW Sauber, Toro Rosso, Renault and – a surprise to many – Toyota will join them.

A statement on behalf of the Teams’ Association said ‘Fota confirms all its members' long-term commitment to be involved in the FIA Formula 1 World Championship. It has unanimously agreed further and significant actions to substantially reduce the costs of competing in the championship in the next three years.’

Fota wants next year’s F1 season to operate on the basis of current technical regulations, and said that all its teams would race in 2010 if a new financial agreement can be reached with F1's management by June 12. That is also the day the FIA is due to publish its list of 2010 team and drivers list.

On that list could be Lola and Prodrive, the latter planning to enter Formula 1 with the potential to rebrand its team as Aston Martin further down the line. Interesting times.

Source : http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/236233/f...are_all_in.html

so some ppl very nearly driving on into the round about at Flower Rd thanks to the Jacki F'dez billboard sometime ago seems permissable then?! :lol:

I really don't get to Colombo enough. I shall head that way today just to see this.

so some ppl very nearly driving on into the round about at Flower Rd thanks to the Jacki F'dez billboard sometime ago seems permissable then?! :lol:

hey i remeber that billboard...nearly crashed my friends beamer the first time i saw it... :D

but it woulda been worth it...ooohhh jackie!!!!! :wub::blush::action-smiley-076::smilie_liebe9:

hey i remeber that billboard...nearly crashed my friends beamer the first time i saw it... :D

but it woulda been worth it...ooohhh jackie!!!!! :wub::blush::action-smiley-076::smilie_liebe9:

the worst for me was stalling it on approaching the roundabout - was staring so hard , i took my foot completely off the clutch & very nearly forgot to brake! :lol:

Another good weekend Q run by Brawns duo.2nd and 3rd on the grid.Superb run by Vettel to grab pole.

Im happy the way Ferrari boys ran.

Totally dissapointed with Mclarens.Noticed Hamilton goes with nearly 50kg heavier fuel load.carry a chance to cut short a pit stop? But tyre-wear out is going to be the issue I guess.

MINIACE

• 2 weeks later...

Mclarens and Hamilton dissapointed Mc Fans again! Whats really wrong with Mclaren??? Vettel in pole Rubens gave a good run to be next.Button kinda unusual to be on 6th.Ferrari 9th and 11th.Massa and Kubica bit heavier fuel loads.Lets see what happens !

MINIACE

• 3 weeks later...
German GP - Hamilton sets pace in second practice

By Matt Beer Friday, July 10th 2009, 13:33 GMT

Lewis Hamilton set a surprise fastest time for McLaren at the end of Friday practice for the German Grand Prix at the Nurburgring.

In a mostly dry session under ominous skies, Hamilton managed to beat R*D B*LL's Sebastian Vettel by 0.182 seconds, with championship leader Jenson Button third.

In a repeat of first practice, the early running was interrupted by a brief shower, which meant a quiet half hour before dry weather tyres could be used.

Vettel had managed to get a quick lap in before the rain - despite a near-miss with Sebastien Bourdais at the first corner, but once the conditions had cleared Heikki Kovalainen, Nick Heidfeld and Webber all took turns on top, the latter using the softer tyres.

Another Brawn versus R*D B*LL battle then developed as Button beat Webber's time just before the one hour mark, and ten minutes later Vettel hit the front - using super soft tyres like his rivals with a 1m32.342s, 0.027s quicker than Button.

By now the skies had darkened again and light drizzle was falling. This caught Hamilton out, the world champion spinning at the second corner, but he recovered quickly and set the fastest time of the afternoon on his next lap.

Vettel remained second, with Button sandwiched between the Red Bulls in third.

Jarno Trulli also had a spin in the opening complex, before taking fifth place.

It was another excellent session for Force India as Adrian Sutil recovered from his morning glitch to take sixth. But this time it was Giancarlo Fisichella who was in trouble - the Italian spinning and damaged his car on the barriers just as the early shower hit.

Rubens Barrichello took seventh in second Brawn, with Renault's Fernando Alonso and Nelson Piquet eighth and 10th, split by Williams's Kazuki Nakajima, although Piquet ended the session parked on the grass after an electrical problem on his last lap.

Ferrari slipped back after its strong morning, with Felipe Massa the best of its drivers in 12th.

Heikki Kovalainen was unable to match his McLaren team-mate Hamilton's strong late run, taking to the grass on his final lap and ending up 17th.

Pos Driver Team Time Laps

1. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes B 1:32.149 23

2. Vettel R*D B*LL-Renault B 1:32.331 + 0.182 31

3. Button Brawn-Mercedes B 1:32.369 + 0.220 32

4. Webber R*D B*LL-Renault B 1:32.480 + 0.331 28

5. Trulli Toyota B 1:32.511 + 0.362 32

6. Sutil Force India-Mercedes B 1:32.585 + 0.436 32

7. Barrichello Brawn-Mercedes B 1:32.664 + 0.515 26

8. Alonso Renault B 1:32.774 + 0.625 24

9. Nakajima Williams-Toyota B 1:32.872 + 0.723 32

10. Piquet Renault B 1:32.992 + 0.843 29

11. Heidfeld BMW-Sauber B 1:33.012 + 0.863 36

12. Massa Ferrari B 1:33.052 + 0.903 34

13. Rosberg Williams-Toyota B 1:33.128 + 0.979 34

14. Kubica BMW-Sauber B 1:33.161 + 1.012 28

15. Glock Toyota B 1:33.172 + 1.023 34

16. Raikkonen Ferrari B 1:33.182 + 1.033 29

17. Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes B 1:33.724 + 1.575 27

18. Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari B 1:33.903 + 1.754 30

19. Bourdais Toro Rosso-Ferrari B 1:34.025 + 1.876 30

20. Fisichella Force India-Mercedes B 1:38.877 + 6.728 3

All Timing Unofficial

Source: Autosport.com

it'll be refreshing to see LH back on camera for a change! :) & this i recon will be a test for Button - head to head if he's good enough to drive along side Hamilton and take him...

its no secrect that just about all of Brawn GP's success is largely due to the man who the team is named after, but what i want to see is if Button is actually a very good driver who was stuck with bad cars all these years or whether LH is an avrage driver who's had good cars to drive.. :huh: